Different types of Mafia players

Post anything related to the game here!

Different types of Mafia players

Postby kosmo16 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:22 am

So I recently started to play the game again after over one year break. I could notice that there are a lot of new players and many of old veterans stopped playing. Its a pity, because these veterans knew how to play the game as any faction. They were understanding how to win as the Mafia.

I think there are 4 categories of Mafia players:

- Potatoes - all completely new players, who don't know all roles, mechanics etc. People who instantly dc when roll Mafia and people who don't do wills and just claim Mafia when voted for the trial.

- Town mentality players - people who prepare fake wills, often try to be active to avoid being a suspect. Not really good in deception and manipulation.

- Creative players - people who know all mechanics and have really good understanding of the game. They are not afraid of making high risk, high reward plays. Very proactive, sometimes leaders of the Town

- Masterminds - people who understand the game from Town perspective, can predict how it will go and how to find a win condition for Mafia. They are extremely good in target selection, because are able to read other players roles. Can claim even the hardest roles with valid wills. Know how to manipulate others to achieve victory. Are also creative as high elo players adjust very quickly to whatever Mafia throws at them.

I love to play with/against the last category, it is super entertaining even if you get completely outplayed.
Legacy Season Rank: Master
Season One Rank: Master
Season Two Rank: Diamond
Season Three Rank: Master
Season Four Rank: Master
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Re: Different types of Mafia players

Postby Tricks » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:43 pm

Welcome back to the game, Leia, I just played recently and I am like a noob in game lol
Tricks
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby kosmo16 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:49 pm

Tricks wrote:Welcome back to the game, Leia, I just played recently and I am like a noob in game lol

Exactly Ellen, I was flamed for my Jailor game yesterday and as Godfather I accused confirmed Ret for being mafia (still not lynched yay). I am a noob as well. :?
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Tricks » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:53 pm

kosmo16 wrote:
Tricks wrote:Welcome back to the game, Leia, I just played recently and I am like a noob in game lol

Exactly Ellen, I was flamed for my Jailor game yesterday and as Godfather I accused confirmed Ret for being mafia (still not lynched yay). I am a noob as well. :?

Funny is I have ret game today and I got executed n3 after GF framed me (GF claimed LO), smh.

I also screwed up as spy after i misread the bug :?
Tricks
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby kosmo16 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:01 pm

Tricks wrote:
kosmo16 wrote:

Funny is I have ret game today and I got executed n3 after GF framed me (GF claimed LO), smh.

I also screwed up as spy after i misread the bug :?

There is a lot of things going on in the chat, super hard to keep up :/
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby BlastingOff » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:05 pm

I think one of the most efficient strats for Mafia (and evils in general, such as Mafia - Witch) is to "confirm" each other.

For example, in a game, I was Framer and we hit Witch n1. Spy accused the Witch of being immune but I came in and said that I healed them. I was believed as Doctor for majority of the game and the Witch was largely ignored until they got lynched, but Mafia got majority eventually.
BlastingOff
Medium
Medium

Postby kosmo16 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:14 pm

BlastingOff wrote:I think one of the most efficient strats for Mafia (and evils in general, such as Mafia - Witch) is to "confirm" each other.

For example, in a game, I was Framer and we hit Witch n1. Spy accused the Witch of being immune but I came in and said that I healed them. I was believed as Doctor for majority of the game and the Witch was largely ignored until they got lynched, but Mafia got majority eventually.

Yes, I agree it works really well unless you get caught and everything falls apart. Confirming each other is hard in Jailor meta.
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby kosmo16 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:20 pm

I even get back to my ign Leia. I changed it in Legacy Season when I was slaughtered night 1 by 2 SKs and Mafia. I realized it could be because of this name as it was 11th death Night 1 in a row.
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Tricks » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:23 pm

kosmo16 wrote:

I even get back to my ign Leia. I changed it in Legacy Season when I was slaughtered night 1 by 2 SKs and Mafia. I realized it could be because of this name as it was 11th death Night 1 in a row.

Lol I still use Ellen or Riddle as my name and got some hate
Tricks
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby kosmo16 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:24 pm

Tricks wrote:
kosmo16 wrote:

Hate?! They are insulting you or just kill/invest n1?
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby BlastingOff » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:41 pm

kosmo16 wrote:
BlastingOff wrote:I think one of the most efficient strats for Mafia (and evils in general, such as Mafia - Witch) is to "confirm" each other.

Yes, I agree it works really well unless you get caught and everything falls apart. Confirming each other is hard in Jailor meta.

yeah it's kind of high-risk, high-reward strategy. If it works, you likely have a high chance of winning. However, if one of you is revealed as Mafia, the other falls and Mafia has a huge loss in numbers. So I guess you kind of need to coordinate well with your teammates so you don't get caught easily (or at least not make someone suspicious of you)
BlastingOff
Medium
Medium

Postby Tricks » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:46 pm

kosmo16 wrote:
Tricks wrote:
kosmo16 wrote:

Tell ppl to kill meN1, and most of the time when I fjnally rolled town, althought iadmit i make some terrible mistake even since i started playing.

Also not meta-ing as Jailor earned insukt from ppl
Tricks
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby kosmo16 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:21 pm

Tricks wrote:
kosmo16 wrote:
Tricks wrote:
kosmo16 wrote:

Tell ppl to kill meN1, and most of the time when I fjnally rolled town, althought iadmit i make some terrible mistake even since i started playing.

Also not meta-ing as Jailor earned insukt from ppl

:( I don't like Jailor meta as well. Well so far no one killed me n1. I wish you better teammates.
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Return to Town of Salem Discussion