coven dead?

Postby BrawnTx » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:25 pm

why doesn't anyone play coven? its got cool roles. I don't understand
BrawnTx
Witch
Witch

Re: coven dead?

Postby Transcender » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:30 pm

Coven costs money while alot of the playerbase is from the f2p era. It is dlc after all.
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby BrawnTx » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:32 pm

got people in lobby right now that are f2p
BrawnTx
Witch
Witch

Postby Transcender » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:33 pm

BrawnTx wrote:got people in lobby right now that are f2p

wdym?
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby PolyesterHomes » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:06 pm

I don't want to use my Coven tickets. I'm afraid of using them when I don't really need to.

wait.
"Whisper in the dark. The battle may yet be won."
PolyesterHomes
Veteran
Veteran

Postby kyuss420 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:37 am

Purists....
people cant handle the KPN ratio coven has when theyre town.
People cant handle town roles like psychic or crusader when theyre coven.
People are stuck in their ways that the game should be played a certain way and cant handle playing it a little bit differently in different modes.
They dont like having to bus themselves and rely on their faction to be smart, if 2 of the faction is on n1 psy vision.
They dont like people playing GA any other way than claiming day 1, protecting n1 to prove, then winning as survivor if their target is evil.
Roles like psy, pirate, GA has too much RNG (I disagree)
They get abused when they use their tickets and join VIP mode and make the stupidest plays cos they dont understand the roles/mode
They get abused when they use their tickets and join Lovers mode only to kill their lover or their lovers faction cos they dont understand the mode
All the smarter players quit because of the influx of stupids, who then quit, because it was too hard to win by doing rando crap
Sheriffs visiting and breaking traps because they dont understand they cant find the last coven (influx of stupids)
Townies getting lynched because their will says they visited the crusaders target, altho crusader killed a different visitor that night (influx of stupids)
People explaining the role mechanics wrong during the game, like yesterday, I was being told GA cant have vigi for a target, Or my fave - crus doesnt protect from stoning if you visit medusa (influx of stupids)
They have to wait an extra minute for the lobby to fill
They really need the $5 for a coffee or a beer
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby RealZippyK » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:41 am

Give grandfathered accounts coven
very cool yes
RealZippyK
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Venusupreme » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:27 am

RealZippyK wrote:Give grandfathered accounts coven
very cool yes

BMG won't do this, lol
I am known by many names. Most notably:
-Sixteen
-Sixteen the idiot spammer
-Sixteen the low ELO dumbass
-The Handyman
-Sixteen the wood ELO motherfucker
-The Queen of Spam Evasion

Tales of Salem.
Venusupreme
Doctor
Doctor

Location: Waiting for BMG to fix the horrific balance issues in Ranked.

Postby PolyesterHomes » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:37 am

Venusupreme wrote:
very cool yes

BMG won't do this, lol

Oh well.
PolyesterHomes
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Transcender » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:30 pm

PolyesterHomes wrote:
Venusupreme wrote:
very cool yes

BMG won't do this, lol

Oh well.

I do love giving away money
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby JacksonVirgo » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:42 pm

BMG will never give away Coven for free, even for grandfathered accounts. My suggestion for getting more people to play/buy the Coven dlc is to have one Coven gamemode (probably the Coven Classic) be playable by non-coven players even if they don't have tickets. This would dip their toes into Coven roles and get them hyped for the other roles/gamemodes that aren't in that specific gamemode.
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:34 am

JacksonVirgo wrote:BMG will never give away Coven for free, even for grandfathered accounts. My suggestion for getting more people to play/buy the Coven dlc is to have one Coven gamemode (probably the Coven Classic) be playable by non-coven players even if they don't have tickets. This would dip their toes into Coven roles and get them hyped for the other roles/gamemodes that aren't in that specific gamemode.

Wouldnt be a bad idea, seeing as no one ever plays that mode anyway, due to it being too easy for anyone with 50+ games, which is why it was made to start with.. for noobs to learn the roles.

Problem is, because there isnt an abundance of new players to join the mode, new players join harder modes and blunder around pissing people off. Ive even had peeps in my coven ask me what to do, then instead of doing what i said, they just go rando and die to crus n1 or n2 or target nuetral roles that we have no business killing... Ive really stopped explaining stuff to new players
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Voriki » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:08 am

JacksonVirgo wrote:BMG will never give away Coven for free, even for grandfathered accounts.

I am grandfathered and have never played Coven, but intend to purchase it when I want to "move up". I played classic for years, now since several months moved to Draculas Palace.

They could perhaps hand out more coven tickets, a Coven ticket rewarded for ever xx completed games(win or loss, as long as you stay till the end lobby), with a max of 5 tickets you can hold.
And if they ever want to release a new DLC, decrease the price of Coven, or add Coven for free, but those who previously purchase the Coven, get access to the new mode.
While I can give my general opinion on any subject, I only have playing experience in Classic and Draculas Palace, non ranked.
Voriki
Witch
Witch

Postby RealZippyK » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:45 am

They should change coven tickets to 5 games for 1 ticket instead of 25 games for 3 tickets to make coven more active if they're not going to give grandfathered accounts coven for a free or reduced price.
RealZippyK
Lookout
Lookout

Postby chucumber » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:33 pm

Coven has been out for a long time now. The best thing to do is give it away for free at this point. It sucks knowing that I paid money for this DLC but can never find any games except All Any and VIP. Splitting the player base was a terrible idea.

Coven ranked is way better than classic ranked. The coven actually stands a chance against the boring "TPLO on me" jailor meta. Coven actually has interesting roles while half the mafia roles are useless or boring.

Make coven free to play. Reward those who bought the coven DLC with character skins, currency, scrolls, or something. Hell I bet most coven players would be happy it went free to play because then we actually have games we could play.

Additionally, I would say make the ranked playlist choose either a mafia or coven game at random.
chucumber
Executioner
Executioner

Postby RealZippyK » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:35 pm

Or remove classic and coven and create one, new and improved game that has the best roles. Or just compile every gamemode into one thing.
RealZippyK
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Meteorite21 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:55 pm

RealZippyK wrote:Or remove classic and coven and create one, new and improved game that has the best roles. Or just compile every gamemode into one thing.

so, Coven All Any?
there are two rules in life

first rule and second rule
Meteorite21
Executioner
Executioner

Postby chucumber » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:59 pm

Meteorite21 wrote:
RealZippyK wrote:Or remove classic and coven and create one, new and improved game that has the best roles. Or just compile every gamemode into one thing.

so, Coven All Any?

I say merge the coven and classic ranked/ranked practice playlist. The game would randomly select it to be either a mafia or coven game. The game would also hide the evil faction to the town. This change would prevent the playerbase from being split, shake up the extremely stale "TPLO on me" jailor meta, add more variety to games, and be overall a more fun and balanced experience.
chucumber
Executioner
Executioner

Postby RealZippyK » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:17 pm

Nah, I'm just saying one of two things should be done; the first thing is to combine all roles from both gamemodes to make one final gamemode for everyone, this also helps seeing how a lot of the playerbase I can see is going down. The second is to just let everyone play every gamemode. If the game was made P2P, why not let the grandfathered accounts have coven? It'd boost the population of coven by a lot.
RealZippyK
Lookout
Lookout

Postby JacksonVirgo » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:46 pm

RealZippyK wrote:Nah, I'm just saying one of two things should be done; the first thing is to combine all roles from both gamemodes to make one final gamemode for everyone, this also helps seeing how a lot of the playerbase I can see is going down. The second is to just let everyone play every gamemode. If the game was made P2P, why not let the grandfathered accounts have coven? It'd boost the population of coven by a lot.

I was going to say it would rip revenue from BMG but people not playing Coven is doing the same thing lol
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby kyuss420 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:37 am

chucumber wrote:Coven has been out for a long time now. The best thing to do is give it away for free at this point. It sucks knowing that I paid money for this DLC but can never find any games except All Any and VIP. Splitting the player base was a terrible idea.

Coven ranked is way better than classic ranked. The coven actually stands a chance against the boring "TPLO on me" jailor meta. Coven actually has interesting roles while half the mafia roles are useless or boring.

Make coven free to play. Reward those who bought the coven DLC with character skins, currency, scrolls, or something. Hell I bet most coven players would be happy it went free to play because then we actually have games we could play.

Additionally, I would say make the ranked playlist choose either a mafia or coven game at random.

VIP is unplayable during free weekends, its like letting every bronze ELO player into Masters ELO games for a weekend (which they did by letting the season drag on for 18 months...but thats beside the point). To me you may as well be saying ''let players join Masters Rank after the first 10 matches and ELO rank be decided on how much they lose (instead of how much they win)

I like the paywall, it keeps less serious players out of our favourite game mode... where theyre just gonna cry about it being ''too hard for coven'' or ''not enough claim space'' or ''Im not gonna try and kill the TP in case theres TP on them'' instead of changing their play style to suit the format.

I really would probly quit if they made coven free, like all the other smarter players that couldnt stand the stupids. Id prefer to wait 5 minutes in the lobby and spend my time playing a quality match, rather than spend 30 seconds in the lobby and waste 10 minutes on a shit game...
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Transcender » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:44 am

What
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby MysticMismagius » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:39 am

kyuss420 wrote:I like the paywall, it keeps less serious players out of our favourite game mode... where theyre just gonna cry about it being ''too hard for coven'' or ''not enough claim space'' or ''Im not gonna try and kill the TP in case theres TP on them'' instead of changing their play style to suit the format.

I really would probly quit if they made coven free, like all the other smarter players that couldnt stand the stupids. Id prefer to wait 5 minutes in the lobby and spend my time playing a quality match, rather than spend 30 seconds in the lobby and waste 10 minutes on a shit game...
>implying that people aren’t just as stupid in Coven All Any

I had a game last night where Town has all the OP roles except Trans, and had 10 players in it. Our Hex Master was the first death, and the Potion Master was jailed N1 and didn’t say shit in Jail. Coven still won, because despite being stacked the Town was hot garbage and passively bumbled their way into a loss.

In a different game that same night, I (crusader) tried to push up someone who refused to claim for a Psychic vision, and the Vigilante shot me for “random lynching”.

This kind of thing is a common occurrence in Coven. The paywall DOES NOT keep the stupid people out.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Transcender » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:42 am

MysticMismagius wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:I like the paywall, it keeps less serious players out of our favourite game mode... where theyre just gonna cry about it being ''too hard for coven'' or ''not enough claim space'' or ''Im not gonna try and kill the TP in case theres TP on them'' instead of changing their play style to suit the format.

>implying that people aren’t just as stupid in Coven All Any

I had a game last night where Town has all the OP roles except Trans, and had 10 players in it. Our Hex Master was the first death, and the Potion Master was jailed N1 and didn’t say shit in Jail. Coven still won, because despite being stacked the Town was hot garbage and passively bumbled their way into a loss.

In a different game that same night, I (crusader) tried to push up someone who refused to claim for a Psychic vision, and the Vigilante shot me for “random lynching”.

This kind of thing is a common occurrence in Coven. The paywall DOES NOT keep the stupid people out.

It keeps some out
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby PolyesterHomes » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:43 am

Google wrote:It keeps some out

PolyesterHomes
Veteran
Veteran

Next