Removing Town Protective slot in Ranked

Post anything related to the game here!

Removing Town Protective slot in Ranked

Postby JacksonVirgo » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:01 am

Not that I really want this to be the case but if a certain Town Protective role is not in the game, would that stop Jailor calling TP/LO as early?

Such as replacing it with another RT. Probably a stupid thing to bring up, but just I was thinking about it just now.
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Re: Removing Town Protective slot in Ranked

Postby Brilliand » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:08 am

I don't think that would stop the TP/LO meta. The reason is that a TP role will usually exist, so it won't be worth it for the Mafia to take the risk of attacking the TP/LO call. Granted, the Jailor might be in trouble a few nights later, but by then the meta will have done its work.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby lalasex » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:11 am

the meta itself is SO retarded..the only way to win in meta is having -iq town...unless mafia itself is -iq then its a fair match after all lmao
RIP Town of Salem 2017-2018

You will not be remembered

lalasex
Transporter
Transporter

Postby BlastingOff » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:12 am

I think a way to stop Jailor meta is to remove day 1 chat, not like it does anything else other than people vet baiting for whatever reason
BlastingOff
Medium
Medium

Postby kyuss420 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:53 am

BlastingOff wrote:I think a way to stop Jailor meta is to remove day 1 chat, not like it does anything else other than people vet baiting for whatever reason

Then it would just happen day 2. Besides, maybe day 1 chat was implemented for this exact reason.

A jailor isnt needed for TP/LO meta, thats just the optimal role for TP to be on n1. If TP wasnt there, any role could just as easily call for LO day 1, any townie with a visiting ability could visit them, and LO could confirm half the town.

Only way to stop the meta is to remove the LO because thats where the confirmation of roles comes from.

Coven has Crusader, a TP that kills 1 player that visits their target, so a LO could be killed by visiting the TP target, making the meta useless.

The other side of the coin is, these roles exist and have the abilities. Maybe the game was meant to be played that way?
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Return to Town of Salem Discussion