Verifying Account...

Post anything related to the game here!

Verifying Account...

Postby Sardek » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:22 am

When I try to log in (either on the site or on my steam account), it hangs at "Verifying Account". I thought it might have been the wrong password, but every time I tried another password, it told me very quickly "incorrect password". Every time I tried the correct password, it would hang forever at "Verifying Account". I checked twitch and there are people streaming it, so the servers aren't down. I did nothing that would've gotten me banned from the game (to my knowledge at least), and I seriously doubt my account was stolen by somebody, although I will admit that my password is not super strong on account of this being a low stakes game. So what's the deal? Why can't I play?

EDIT: Also notably, the password I believed to be the correct one that is hanging is the one I used to log in here to the forums, so I'm pretty sure it's the right one.

EDIT 2: Well, just saw there was a data breach and my password was leaked and that people are using those accounts to multiaccount and troll without possibility of being permbanned, so now I think it's rather likely that I'm banned since the last time I played was 2017. Could a mod verify that's what my problem is? If so, I'll go appeal it at the appropriate place, but I don't wanna go waste somebody's time in the appeals forum if that's not what's actually happening.
Sardek
Witch
Witch

Re: Verifying Account...

Postby Jessey01 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:42 am

Sardek wrote:When I try to log in (either on the site or on my steam account), it hangs at "Verifying Account". I thought it might have been the wrong password, but every time I tried another password, it told me very quickly "incorrect password". Every time I tried the correct password chatroulette, it would hang forever at "Verifying Account". I checked twitch and there are people streaming it, so the servers aren't down. I did nothing that would've gotten me banned from the game (to my knowledge at least), and I seriously doubt my account was stolen by somebody, although I will admit that my password is not super strong on account of this being a low stakes game. So what's the deal? Why can't I play?

EDIT: Also notably, the password I believed to be the correct one that is hanging is the one I used to log in here to the forums, so I'm pretty sure it's the right one.

EDIT 2: Well, just saw there was a data breach and my password was leaked and that people are using those accounts to multiaccount cyberghost and troll without possibility of being permbanned, so now I think it's rather likely that I'm banned since the last time I played was 2017. Could a mod verify that's what my problem is? If so, I'll go appeal it at the appropriate place, but I don't wanna go waste somebody's time in the appeals forum if that's not what's actually happening.

Contact the support forum. They are very prompt in their action.
Jessey01

Return to Town of Salem Discussion