Browser Support

Post anything related to the game here!

Browser Support

Postby philip1077 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:45 pm

After Flash becomes (non existent) will it switch over to something else? I've heard about unity beta, and I have steam and stuff but that doesn't sound like a browser thing. So my question is will ToS get removed from browser play?? Will I be able to log on to chrome and play a game like normal or will I have to download the game?

-philip1077
I’m new, don’t kill me cause it might be in your favour to kill someone else... or is it? ;)

Yes, I like to hunt Mafia on my spare time dressed as an orange teletubby with a shotgun.

philip1077
Executioner
Executioner

Re: Browser Support

Postby BlastingOff » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:40 am

It will likely be removed, as Unity is not supported on browsers either. Best bet is download the Steam version.

You could try finding a browser that supports Flash, but they are rather niche and are likely not heavily supported, so downloading the Steam version might be the safest option.
BlastingOff
Medium
Medium

Re: Browser Support

Postby ElderSivart » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:42 am

BlastingOff wrote:It will likely be removed, as Unity is not supported on browsers either. Best bet is download the Steam version.

You could try finding a browser that supports Flash, but they are rather niche and are likely not heavily supported, so downloading the Steam version might be the safest option.

Unity on browsers is actually two different things. There's the old Unity plugin (known as Unity Webplayer), which is no longer supported, but there is a newer Unity WebGL framework which is supported by all modern browsers.

So yes, as far as I know, ToS will still exist in browsers, using Unity WebGL.
ElderSivart
Vigilante
Vigilante

Return to Town of Salem Discussion