Unique neutral roles shouldn't be unique?

Post anything related to the game here!

Unique neutral roles shouldn't be unique?

Postby Joacgroso » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:58 pm

The reason ww was an unique role was because more than one rampaging role in a game would be "too chaotic", but now that there are 3 different rampaging roles in the game and nothing changed, is there really a point?
I mean, there can't be 2 rampaging roles in ranked anyway, and balance doesn't matter in all any. 2 ww in a game, for example, wouldn't be that broken because they would be unable to recognise each other and would have to risk killing each other.

I didn't post this in suggestions because I wasn't sure about it. What do you think?
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Re: Unique neutral roles shouldn't be unique?

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:46 am

I think thats the point... WW usually has specific targets for optimal plays, to get the most kills. 2 pro WW players would surely visit the same target n2 a LOT of the time, resulting in them both dieing to each other.

If the possibility of another WW was in game, then n2 target would basically be random (if you visited at all), just to see whether there was another WW or not. This would put WW behind from the get go, wasting the first killing night, which isnt good for a role that can only kill every 2nd night.

Sure, if you play WW by hitting randos and hoping to be lucky, and the other WW is also hitting randos, hoping to be lucky, then your suggestion is viable, as its only a matter of luck if they target the same player. But if 2 WWs are strategising and playing optimally, then they will suicide into each n2 for sure.

Its really a huge nerf, that seems like a buff if you dont think too deep into how to use the role optimally.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Meteorite21 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:08 am

with an attack value of Powerful and a defense value of Basic, if there were multiple werewolves, then they would accidentally hurt each other's chances of winning as one. Why other Neutral Killing roles such as Serial Killer and Arsonist is not unique is because they have a method of protecting themselves from their attacks (SK only has a attack value of basic so they cannot kill other SKs, Arsonist can clean the gas off themselves)
there are two rules in life

first rule and second rule
Meteorite21
Executioner
Executioner

Postby swagmm23 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:59 am

kyuss420 wrote:I think thats the point... WW usually has specific targets for optimal plays, to get the most kills. 2 pro WW players would surely visit the same target n2 a LOT of the time, resulting in them both dieing to each other.

If the possibility of another WW was in game, then n2 target would basically be random (if you visited at all), just to see whether there was another WW or not. This would put WW behind from the get go, wasting the first killing night, which isnt good for a role that can only kill every 2nd night.

Sure, if you play WW by hitting randos and hoping to be lucky, and the other WW is also hitting randos, hoping to be lucky, then your suggestion is viable, as its only a matter of luck if they target the same player. But if 2 WWs are strategising and playing optimally, then they will suicide into each n2 for sure.

Its really a huge nerf, that seems like a buff if you dont think too deep into how to use the role optimally.

I thought having 2 WWs would be OP, but you do have a good point.
swagmm23
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Brilliand » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:06 pm

It wouldn't be bad for Werewolves to always be immune to Werewolf attacks, regardless of which player did it. A Werewolf transported into visiting himself doesn't die, so why would a Werewolf visited by a different Werewolf die?

I always figured that the uncertainty as to werewolves should be able to kill each other is why WW was set as a unique role. Sort of like how Jailor is unique because wtf is supposed to happen if one Jailor jails the other?

(Granted the same argument should imply making Transporter a unique role.)
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:06 am

Brilliand wrote:It wouldn't be bad for Werewolves to always be immune to Werewolf attacks, regardless of which player did it. A Werewolf transported into visiting himself doesn't die, so why would a Werewolf visited by a different Werewolf die?

I always figured that the uncertainty as to werewolves should be able to kill each other is why WW was set as a unique role. Sort of like how Jailor is unique because wtf is supposed to happen if one Jailor jails the other?

(Granted the same argument should imply making Transporter a unique role.)

A WW being transported into themself doesnt die becuase he basically stayed home that night, just as if he clicked on himself (which he basically did). if it could die in that manner, its rampage attack would kill himself if he stayed home.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Return to Town of Salem Discussion