The Witch and the Werewolf

Post anything related to the game here!

The Witch and the Werewolf

Postby Randyxpxp » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:11 pm

A while after my witch/serial killer and executioner/jester games, I rolled witch again, which was the role I wanted to roll that night, although I didn’t have scrolls on. Some nights, I mainly want to play either executioner or witch, because NK makes me a little too nervous sometimes. This game illustrates how dangerous a witch can be to mafia and how beneficial a witch can be to a neutral killer such as werewolf even though many witches side against werewolves. It also illustrates how valuable a witch can be to mafia if the witch sides with them.

D1/N1: I’m Krol the witch. A few people speak. I suspect one of them is a veteran, and I decide to control someone silent into them. I know I could control an evil into a veteran doing this, but I’m curious to see whether this person is veteran. My target is a vampire and I am also witched.

D2/N2: A consort and a vampire are killed by a veteran, and someone is killed and cleaned by mafia. Someone claims they were doused, and that there’s an arsonist, and I take this person for a jester. Later, a witch whispers me, and I whisper them back and tell them whom I plan to control tonight. I also tell them whom I think the vet is, and to not target them. I don’t remember exactly what happened otherwise. I control someone silent into the person who claimed doused, as even if this person is jester, if they die to a basic attack, that confirms they aren’t arsonist, and if I control a basic killer into them and they survive, they’re probably arsonist. I know they’re probably jester but this is what I decided to do. My target is a mafioso.

D3/N3: The witch is mauled by a werewolf and has my name in their will, which is unfortunate. I had even thought to ask them yesterday to not put my name in their will, but I didn’t. The mafia apparently had the same idea as me, as the jester I witched the mafioso into was also cleaned. Someone leaves mid-day, and it’s me, the mafioso, the veteran, and three non-claimers. I ask the mafioso who their mafia are, and suggest we hang the veteran or the werewolf today, but they don’t give me their names. Instead, they slowly reply that there are three of them, and I decide to push the veteran so I don’t randomly die to them. We vote them up and they suggest the werewolf will lose now that the mafia and the witch have gained majority. They get lynched. I whisper around to the other three and claim witch, and one of them claims werewolf to me. As it is not a full moon tonight, I decide to make the mafioso kill one of their mafia. This both prevents them from attacking me and prevents them from having a 3v1v1 against me and the werewolf, wherein they could technically lynch me and then lynch the werewolf the next day. If I force a 2v1v1, I force the mafia to vote against the werewolf to have any chance to survive.

D4/N4: A janitor is killed by a member of the mafia. The person who suicided was retributionist. I whisper the werewolf and tell them it’s 2v2 today, and that I’ll tell the two mafia they’re werewolf but I won’t vote against them. I whisper the mafia and tell them who the werewolf is. They seem to think they have it in the bag, and they both vote against the werewolf, who gives no defense. The werewolf knows their fate is in my hands now. Given I still have my barrier, and given NK is harder to win as, as well as my penchant for NK/NE wins, I decide to spare the werewolf for now and make them maul the mafioso. The mafia panic as they notice I haven’t voted, and the day ends.

The Joker: KROL
Nora Pancakes: Krol vote
Krol: Hehehehe…

I am attacked, as I anticipated, but I survive.

D5: We have a little conversation, the three of us, and then the werewolf and I lynch the last mafia. According to the werewolf, this was the first time they’d won a werewolf game.

In hindsight, if the werewolf targeted the witch, I would be inclined to side against them, as the witch signaled to other evils that they’re witch when they whispered me D2 and I whispered them back. If anything, their whisper made me look like a possible mafia member, although we were both witches. I don’t remember if the werewolf targeted the witch, but if they did, while a dead witch isn’t the worst thing in the world for a werewolf, I still feel bad for the witch. Anyway, had I not had my barrier or had the NK been arsonist in the final four, I would have sided against them. As I had my barrier though, I decided to exchange it for a werewolf/witch win, which you don’t see that often. I think a lot of witches would side against the werewolf here, and understandably so. But NK is truly harder to win as, especially a solo NK like a werewolf in All Any. I was their only possible ally, and over time, I’ve developed an affinity for NK and a certain distaste for mafia. I think it can also make the game funner for the neutral evil who sides with the neutral killer instead of the usual mafia. It creates a sort of us against the town ambiance.
Randyxpxp
Transporter
Transporter

Return to Town of Salem Discussion