The dumbest witch I have ever seen in ToS

Post anything related to the game here!

The dumbest witch I have ever seen in ToS

Postby Randyxpxp » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:42 pm

Long story short I was SK and I had already claimed witch the day before and claimed to have found the SK. I had been controlled by the witch since N2 and they never whispered to me, so that was annoying. It was a final four scenario D5 and I had identified the witch and the veteran. The veteran actually claimed vet to me in whisper the day prior even though I claimed witch to them, so there was that. I didn’t know what Cotton was and I figured they were either vamp or arso so I whispered the witch and casted suspicion on Cotton of being arsonist and then whispered the vet and told them Cotton is SK and Night Shadow (the witch) is vamp and will convert them. We voted up the vamp and lynched them, and now, all we have to do is wait a night and lynch the vet the next day for a classy SK/witch win. I’ve been in this situation before, so I make it very clear to the witch, in explicit terms, that, whatever they do, they should not visit Daisy (the vet) and they should not witch me into the vet. If anything, they can witch me into myself to be safe, which ensures I don’t attack them and ensures I don’t attack the vet on my own (which I wouldn’t, but some SKs might). Before nightfall, I end on the note that witch loses 1v1 vs vet, so if they witch me into the vet and I die, the witch will lose as well, just as they lose 1v1 vs most town roles.

This next part is, I assure you, the dumbest shit I have ever seen in Town of Salem period. Note that I’ve seen many, many dumb players and dumb decisions. I’ve made some mistakes myself, but this has to be the stupidest thing I’ve ever witnessed in this game. Remember that, at this point, the mafia and vampires are both dead, and I’m in a position wherein I’ve essentially forced the witch to side with me to win. This is the ideal scenario for SK. The neutral isn’t executioner, or jester, or survivor. They’re witch, and they need you alive and the veteran dead to win. To do this, the witch and the SK simply wait a night, and then lynch the veteran the next day. I’ve done this before. It’s common practice in this kind of situation. Instead of doing this, however, the witch controls me into the veteran and they alerted, so that was that. The witch then claimed they “didn’t mean to do that” and that it was a mistake and all this BS, but I’m sorry, there is no way in Hell that you can make this kind of mistake unless you are either 1) on a large quantity of drugs or 2) phenomenally, incredibly inattentive and stupid. I make it very, very clear, in perfectly explicit terms, that they should not under any circumstances witch me into the veteran, nor visit the veteran themself. And you know what? I don’t think this person intentionally meant to kill me. Perhaps they did, in which case they were 100% throwing, but it seems to me that this witch was actually just so dumb and so inattentive that they couldn’t understand the very basic logic of making sure the SK doesn’t die for a night so they can lynch the veteran the next day.

This is the problem with this game. It’s not the game. It’s the players themselves. These people have some kind of serious intellectual tumor that seems to fester within their minds like a cancer and eat away at their concentration, memory, and reason until eventually even a final three scenario like this is too complicated to handle tactically. This is the kind of witch that finds a killer, controls them over and over again, doesn’t whisper them, and then ends up screwing them both over because they can’t use basic [EXPLETIVE] logic in the first place. If I sound tilted it’s because I am tilted. I have a solo SK win in the bag, I have this vet dead to rights, and this witch can’t follow basic [EXPLETIVE] instructions. If you’re witch, just whisper the damn serial killer, tell them who you are, and tell them the roles of others you’ve found. Once the SK knows who you are, you shouldn’t have to worry about them. Instead, what you should be worried about is roles like arsonists, werewolves, vigilantes, and jailors that can and will kill you. Then, when you find these roles, you get your SK friend to vote them up or kill them for you. That’s how witch works. While you can get away with saying nothing and silently witching a serial killer until the end, this is not the optimal strategy, and will leave you exposed to other roles that you could have otherwise found and controlled. In any case, whatever you do, if you’re witch in a witch/SK/vet scenario, do not do what this witch did. These players honestly ruin the game and I wish they wouldn’t play this game to begin with because they clearly don’t have a grasp of the basic logic and discipline that this game requires at a high level. YOU HAVE 45 SECONDS AT NIGHT TO CONTEMPLATE YOUR DECISIONS. TAKE THAT TIME TO MAKE SURE YOU AREN’T DOING SOMETHING STUPID THAT WILL SCREW YOU OVER.

Thank you.

TL;DR A witch controlled me into a confirmed vet in a final three and I'm mad tilted.
Randyxpxp
Transporter
Transporter

Re: The dumbest witch I have ever seen in ToS

Postby EgyptFalcon » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:14 pm

Take a couple minutes to cool off before [EXPLETIVE] ruining these forums with your salt. It's a game. If you don't want to play it, don't play it. Go ahead and be tilted for a bit but really, we don't need that here.
Check out my best role ideas:
Doomsayer (TK)
Kleptomaniac (NE)
Riddler (MK)
EgyptFalcon
Spy
Spy

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:50 pm

k
Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby creighmoe » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:01 pm

Fuck you Cock suckers
I WILL DRAIN YOUR BLOOD AND FEAST ON YOUR BONES. HELL IS COMING YOU COCK SUCKERS
creighmoe
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:14 pm

See this guy gets it.
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby kyuss420 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:11 am

lol firstly, people hate being told what to do when they are evil, secondly noobs hate to do nothing at night and will gamethrow if it means they can click a button, thirdly, that is hardly the dumbest thing Ive ever seen
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:56 am

The dumbest thing is probably leaving/gamethrowing when you roll anything except NE/NK.

Get it?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby lalasex » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:33 am

k babe
RIP Town of Salem 2017-2018

You will not be remembered

lalasex
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Bricklet » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:36 am

GrumpyGoomba wrote:The dumbest thing is probably leaving/gamethrowing when you roll anything except NE/NK.

Get it?

Oof.
Like: Transporter, Mafioso, Investigator, Consigliere, Plaguebearer, Pirate
Dislike: Werewolf, Arsonist
Bricklet
Witch
Witch

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:13 pm

Oof indeed my friend... oof indeed.
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Return to Town of Salem Discussion