Players who file fake reports.

Post anything related to the game here!

Players who file fake reports.

Postby davejc64 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:53 pm

Something needs to be done about players who file fake reports, I have been lobby's where some players will say they have reported other players just because they can, whether they actually have or not I don't know and whether those fake reports are acted on by the moderator team or not is not known either, but it creates ill feeling in lobby's which in what is supposed to be a casual and fun social game is bad, I have been in lobbies with other players who are either friends or in some form of party chat who will randomly group report or at least say they have for no reason, I just hope that the moderators take that into consideration before dishing out any bans based on those reports.
davejc64

Re: Players who file fake reports.

Postby Hiway202 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:02 pm

Hello!

Purposely filing false reports is considered harassment and against the rules, and people file false reports on purpose get suspended or banned for it. Keep in mind, this is for obvious cases where the person being reported hasn't broken any rules. People aren't punished for reporting someone they actually thought was breaking the rules.

Also, keep in mind that all reports are looked at by actual humans. Having a false report on you will not harm you or make you get a suspension or ban as long as no rules were broken.

Hope this helps clear some of this up!
Hello, my name's Elencia! I'm happy to answer questions, so feel free to send me a PM if you need anything! However, I don't have the power to grant your appeal, so please don't PM me about that.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Hiway202
Trial System Judge
Trial System Judge

Re: Players who file fake reports.

Postby kyuss420 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:01 am

davejc64 wrote:Something needs to be done about players who file fake reports, I have been lobby's where some players will say they have reported other players just because they can, whether they actually have or not I don't know and whether those fake reports are acted on by the moderator team or not is not known either, but it creates ill feeling in lobby's which in what is supposed to be a casual and fun social game is bad, I have been in lobbies with other players who are either friends or in some form of party chat who will randomly group report or at least say they have for no reason, I just hope that the moderators take that into consideration before dishing out any bans based on those reports.

I got a whole long list of reports... all innocent ^^

The only time to worry about getting reported, is if you have broken the rules, you wont get a guilty report for nothing XD
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Return to Town of Salem Discussion