Is the game dead

Post anything related to the game here!

Is the game dead

Postby mustiboi999 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:52 pm

Ive heard it has fewer players than 4 years ago but is it dead or is it still doing fine
Tbh idc about this fact i still enjoy the game but Im just asking
mustiboi999
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Is the game dead

Postby Joacgroso » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:14 pm

Most gamemodes are dead, but as far as I understand, all any and all "normal" gamemodes from the base game are still alive. In coven, I think coven all any and VIP are alive, maybe TT too, I'm not sure. I don't own the DLC. I also haven't played the base game in a while.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby mustiboi999 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:02 am

Joacgroso wrote:Most gamemodes are dead, but as far as I understand, all any and all "normal" gamemodes from the base game are still alive. In coven, I think coven all any and VIP are alive, maybe TT too, I'm not sure. I don't own the DLC. I also haven't played the base game in a while.

Why havent you played in a while
mustiboi999
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Joacgroso » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:14 am

I didn't feel like it. I usually take month long breaks between series of games.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby TrillPhonk » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:35 am

Dead.

All Any and Ranked Practice fill fast, Ranked you can find games pretty much all the time but there's no matchmaking due to lack of players so the quality is awful (still better than RP because less leavers though)
I am the Orgasmatron
TrillPhonk
Executioner
Executioner

Postby mustiboi999 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:01 am

TrillPhonk wrote:Dead.

All Any and Ranked Practice fill fast, Ranked you can find games pretty much all the time but there's no matchmaking due to lack of players so the quality is awful (still better than RP because less leavers though)

why dead?
mustiboi999
Civilian
Civilian

Postby mustiboi999 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:55 am

TrillPhonk wrote:Dead.

like from what I heard a dead game has trouble finding matches but CAA,AA Ranked, Classic and Ranked Practice all fill up quickly
so by that definition it isnt dead
mustiboi999
Civilian
Civilian

Postby genericusername1231 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:44 am

By the very nature of this game's style and appeal, I'm quite certain that it'll never become significantly more popular than it is now - there simply isn't much of an audience for what amounts to a glorified online card game.

As for ToS being less popular now than it was four years ago, that probably isn't quite so. The initial hype stirred up by early Let's Players had already come and gone by that time without contributing much to the game's recurring audience, simply as a consequence of their relatively young and casual viewerbase. The modern day players of the 'serious' (i.e non all-any) gamemodes were probably shown to the game in more recent times by external content creators with slightly more mature audiences, such as RT, or perhaps even by channels dedicated entirely to ToS, such as Pipetron or Repptar, and these sources of attention have remained just as prominent in recent times as they have been since ~2018, if not even more so.
genericusername1231
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby mustiboi999 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:00 am

genericusername1231 wrote:By the very nature of this game's style and appeal, I'm quite certain that it'll never become significantly more popular than it is now - there simply isn't much of an audience for what amounts to a glorified online card game.

As for ToS being less popular now than it was four years ago, that probably isn't quite so. The initial hype stirred up by early Let's Players had already come and gone by that time without contributing much to the game's recurring audience, simply as a consequence of their relatively young and casual viewerbase. The modern day players of the 'serious' (i.e non all-any) gamemodes were probably shown to the game in more recent times by external content creators with slightly more mature audiences, such as RT, or perhaps even by channels dedicated entirely to ToS, such as Pipetron or Repptar, and these sources of attention have remained just as prominent in recent times as they have been since ~2018, if not even more so.

Ok thanks
mustiboi999
Civilian
Civilian

Return to Town of Salem Discussion