Is it reportable?

Post anything related to the game here!

Is it reportable?

Postby DeltaOfDeath » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:40 am

Had a bunch of players tell me some game ago they would report me for gamethrowing.

i was jester and got roleblocked N1, an escort was asked for his will and role by the town the next day and my name was indeed on N1, everyone asked me to confirm and i said ''i wasn't roleblocked'' since i knew getting escort killed like that would make me look suspicious. True enough, escort was lynched and everyone turned against me, The next day i was lynched and was greeted by the dead escort and some other people that said i would be reported for throwing since ''you lied about something happening to you''. I argued that i was jester and had no obligation to confirm him since my goal is to get lynched, not help the town, but enough players started accusing me so i started questioning it. Now days later I'm writing this to ask if what i did is something you can do without being reported and banned?
User avatar
DeltaOfDeath
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:44 pm

Re: Is it reportable?

Postby kosmo16 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:59 am

Like really? People reported you in "the game of deception and lies" for being deceptive and lying? That's funny XD
Legacy Season Rank: Master
Season One Rank: Master
Season Two Rank: Diamond
Season Three Rank: Master
Season Four Rank: Master
User avatar
kosmo16
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:37 am

Re: Is it reportable?

Postby Aureolin1 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:35 am

You will never be banned for something like this. It also seems that you were never actually reported because I could not find any reports that contained this incident.
User avatar
Aureolin1
Trial System Judge
Trial System Judge
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:37 am
Location: VIP Mode

Re: Is it reportable?

Postby DoorknobTheCool » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:36 pm

If you get reported the judges will clearly see you as a jester and you won't get banned.
DoorknobTheCool
Amnesiac
Amnesiac
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:55 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: Is it reportable?

Postby Hagg1s » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:42 pm

DoorknobTheCool wrote:If you get reported the judges will clearly see you as a jester and you won't get banned.


What if he was a disguiser, disguising as a jester? Would he get banned?
Hagg1s
Bodyguard
Bodyguard
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:19 am

Re: Is it reportable?

Postby BlastingOff » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:02 am

Hagg1s wrote:
DoorknobTheCool wrote:If you get reported the judges will clearly see you as a jester and you won't get banned.


What if he was a disguiser, disguising as a jester? Would he get banned?


Disguiser wouldn't be obligated to be honest with Town either so I doubt so.
BlastingOff
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:12 am

Re: Is it reportable?

Postby Hagg1s » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:31 am

BlastingOff wrote:
Hagg1s wrote:
DoorknobTheCool wrote:If you get reported the judges will clearly see you as a jester and you won't get banned.


What if he was a disguiser, disguising as a jester? Would he get banned?


Disguiser wouldn't be obligated to be honest with Town either so I doubt so.


What if he was a jester who was faking a disguiser who disguised as jester? Would he get banned?
Hagg1s
Bodyguard
Bodyguard
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:19 am

Re: Is it reportable?

Postby kyuss420 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:10 am

What if he was town, and the escort was a consort? Would he get banned?
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
User avatar
kyuss420
Mayor
Mayor
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:33 am
Location: Im here

Re: Is it reportable?

Postby Aureolin1 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:19 am

Hagg1s wrote:
BlastingOff wrote:
Hagg1s wrote:
DoorknobTheCool wrote:If you get reported the judges will clearly see you as a jester and you won't get banned.


What if he was a disguiser, disguising as a jester? Would he get banned?


Disguiser wouldn't be obligated to be honest with Town either so I doubt so.


What if he was a jester who was faking a disguiser who disguised as jester? Would he get banned?

...No :KappaLUL:

kyuss420 wrote:What if he was town, and the escort was a consort? Would he get banned?

That also isn't punishable in the slightest.
User avatar
Aureolin1
Trial System Judge
Trial System Judge
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:37 am
Location: VIP Mode

Re: Is it reportable?

Postby Hagg1s » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:37 pm

Aureolin1 wrote:
Hagg1s wrote:
BlastingOff wrote:
Hagg1s wrote:
DoorknobTheCool wrote:If you get reported the judges will clearly see you as a jester and you won't get banned.


What if he was a disguiser, disguising as a jester? Would he get banned?


Disguiser wouldn't be obligated to be honest with Town either so I doubt so.


What if he was a jester who was faking a disguiser who disguised as jester? Would he get banned?

...No :KappaLUL:

kyuss420 wrote:What if he was town, and the escort was a consort? Would he get banned?

That also isn't punishable in the slightest.


What if he was plaguebearer and on the third night the amne turned vigi claimed he was arsonist? Would he get banned?
Hagg1s
Bodyguard
Bodyguard
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:19 am

Re: Is it reportable?

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:50 am

These questions are progressively becoming more and more hilarious.
Discord tag is Cryomaniac#7403. Hit me up if ya need me.

Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
You have the gay now.
User avatar
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:46 am
Location: Behind you.

Re: Is it reportable?

Postby kyuss420 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:01 am

what if the VH turned vigi and said ''im vig, theres no more vamps'' so the amne remembered vamp then bit the VH. would he get banned?
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
User avatar
kyuss420
Mayor
Mayor
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:33 am
Location: Im here

Re: Is it reportable?

Postby KatiyaKramer » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:01 am

Aureolin1 wrote:
Hagg1s wrote:
BlastingOff wrote:
Hagg1s wrote:
DoorknobTheCool wrote:If you get reported the judges will clearly see you as a jester and you won't get banned.


What if he was a disguiser, disguising as a jester? Would he get banned?


Disguiser wouldn't be obligated to be honest with Town either so I doubt so.


What if he was a jester who was faking a disguiser who disguised as jester? Would he get banned?

...No :KappaLUL:

kyuss420 wrote:What if he was town, and the escort was a consort? Would he get banned?

That also isn't punishable in the slightest.

What if I'm the SK with a revealed mayor and a revived vet left, and they vote me up and I say "Ok, you got me. AureXHagg1s4ever"?
Favorite roles: Jester, Witch, Consig, Veteran, Vampire Hunter, Jailor, Lookout, aannnndddd sometimes vampire.
Least favorite roles: Medium and Survivor

Image
All hail Shelbow
User avatar
KatiyaKramer
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner
 
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:51 am

Re: Is it reportable?

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:41 am

What if I just... won the game?
Discord tag is Cryomaniac#7403. Hit me up if ya need me.

Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
You have the gay now.
User avatar
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:46 am
Location: Behind you.

Re: Is it reportable?

Postby LewisFaisal » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:10 pm

People threatened to report a Jester for being a Jester? Yikes.

Either way, like most people here have said, a report like that won't fly.
Game-throwing is actively going against the roles objective. So if you're mafia, calling out all other mafia day 1 or something, if ur vigi, shooting a confirmed mayor or townie.

The Jester's objective is to get the town to hang them by any means necessary. Invalidating a claim you know something can prove wrong is a means to reach that end. You won't get suspended for it.
LewisFaisal
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:52 am

Re: Is it reportable?

Postby BlastingOff » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:44 am

LewisFaisal wrote:People threatened to report a Jester for being a Jester? Yikes.

Either way, like most people here have said, a report like that won't fly.
Game-throwing is actively going against the roles objective. So if you're mafia, calling out all other mafia day 1 or something, if ur vigi, shooting a confirmed mayor or townie.

The Jester's objective is to get the town to hang them by any means necessary. Invalidating a claim you know something can prove wrong is a means to reach that end. You won't get suspended for it.


technically, Vigi can shoot Mayor without gamethrowing if the Mayor is actively harming Town's chances of winning (e.g. pushes on confirmed players)
BlastingOff
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:12 am

Re: Is it reportable?

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:48 am

BlastingOff wrote:
LewisFaisal wrote:People threatened to report a Jester for being a Jester? Yikes.

Either way, like most people here have said, a report like that won't fly.
Game-throwing is actively going against the roles objective. So if you're mafia, calling out all other mafia day 1 or something, if ur vigi, shooting a confirmed mayor or townie.

The Jester's objective is to get the town to hang them by any means necessary. Invalidating a claim you know something can prove wrong is a means to reach that end. You won't get suspended for it.


technically, Vigi can shoot Mayor without gamethrowing if the Mayor is actively harming Town's chances of winning (e.g. pushes on confirmed players)

I would disagree. Pushing on confirmed players, unless done with the intention of making the town lose, may be a extremely stupid but not gamethrowing. The vig on the other hand if he does shoot the revealed mayor then even if the mayor was attempting to make the town lose the vig would have shot another town role that was confirmed by the game itself, which is gamethrowing. It is ironic how in this case the vig is literally "Taking the law in his own hands".
Discord tag is Cryomaniac#7403. Hit me up if ya need me.

Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
You have the gay now.
User avatar
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:46 am
Location: Behind you.

Re: Is it reportable?

Postby BlastingOff » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:45 am

GrumpyGoomba wrote:
BlastingOff wrote:
LewisFaisal wrote:People threatened to report a Jester for being a Jester? Yikes.

Either way, like most people here have said, a report like that won't fly.
Game-throwing is actively going against the roles objective. So if you're mafia, calling out all other mafia day 1 or something, if ur vigi, shooting a confirmed mayor or townie.

The Jester's objective is to get the town to hang them by any means necessary. Invalidating a claim you know something can prove wrong is a means to reach that end. You won't get suspended for it.


technically, Vigi can shoot Mayor without gamethrowing if the Mayor is actively harming Town's chances of winning (e.g. pushes on confirmed players)

I would disagree. Pushing on confirmed players, unless done with the intention of making the town lose, may be a extremely stupid but not gamethrowing. The vig on the other hand if he does shoot the revealed mayor then even if the mayor was attempting to make the town lose the vig would have shot another town role that was confirmed by the game itself, which is gamethrowing. It is ironic how in this case the vig is literally "Taking the law in his own hands".


I am pretty sure I have seen a judge say so, but idr who and where. Regardless, it is extremely specific so I do agree that it's probs not the case most of the time
BlastingOff
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:12 am


Return to Town of Salem Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests