Leavers

Post anything related to the game here!

Leavers

Postby Manona24 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:22 am

Seriously. Something really needs to be done about this. I know it's not disconnecting, or else everybody is somehow managing to disconnect when they get a Mafia or NK role, most of the time being GF. It's happening literally every single game I'm in now.
Favorite Roles: Jailor, Investigator, Consigiliere

Normally go by: RazorSharp, Executioner (Heavy preference to RazorSharp though)
User avatar
Manona24
Survivor
Survivor
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: Leavers

Postby Shyyster » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:48 am

BMG states they will be implementing a leaverbuster system at some point,so we will have to see. Based on the current rules, leaving is only punishable if the person admits to leaving.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
User avatar
Shyyster
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:23 am

Re: Leavers

Postby Manona24 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:02 pm

I know. That's what's ticking me off
Favorite Roles: Jailor, Investigator, Consigiliere

Normally go by: RazorSharp, Executioner (Heavy preference to RazorSharp though)
User avatar
Manona24
Survivor
Survivor
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: Leavers

Postby flairric66 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:58 pm

I doubt it's that big of an issue. Most reports I have seen for leaving are either obviously petty, us as jokes, or genuine attempts to get someone banned for a terrible reason. If you really want someone banned for leaving, you should really just be asking for them to be suspended. Flat out banning people happens way too quickly and way too often for barely real reasons.
My Very Eager Mother Just Served Us Nine Pies.
Rip Hunter wrote:"Well, you really have buggered everything up this time."

Gorilla Grodd wrote:"It is time to Make America Grodd Again."

Squidward wrote:"There are some vikings here to see you."

Chocolate was first made in Southern Mexico/Central America
flairric66
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:02 pm

Re: Leavers

Postby Shyyster » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:05 pm

flairric66 wrote:I doubt it's that big of an issue. Most reports I have seen for leaving are either obviously petty, us as jokes, or genuine attempts to get someone banned for a terrible reason. If you really want someone banned for leaving, you should really just be asking for them to be suspended. Flat out banning people happens way too quickly and way too often for barely real reasons.


:?: :?: :?:

Most reports against leavers are reports of people being upset their game is ruined by a mafia/town/coven member or NK leaving and forcing them into a disadvantage.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
User avatar
Shyyster
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:23 am

Re: Leavers

Postby flairric66 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:36 pm

That is complete nonsense.
Those reports exist, but they hardly comprise a majority.
My Very Eager Mother Just Served Us Nine Pies.
Rip Hunter wrote:"Well, you really have buggered everything up this time."

Gorilla Grodd wrote:"It is time to Make America Grodd Again."

Squidward wrote:"There are some vikings here to see you."

Chocolate was first made in Southern Mexico/Central America
flairric66
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:02 pm

Re: Leavers

Postby Shyyster » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:13 pm

flairric66 wrote:That is complete nonsense.
Those reports exist, but they hardly comprise a majority.


You haven't done a single report in Trial System, so where are you exactly pulling your information from?
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
User avatar
Shyyster
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:23 am

Re: Leavers

Postby flairric66 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:26 pm

You act like people can not read reports whenever they want or outside of trial system.
I’ve been here longer than you. It’s clear you need to better familiarize yourself with what is available to the community.
Last edited by flairric66 on Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Very Eager Mother Just Served Us Nine Pies.
Rip Hunter wrote:"Well, you really have buggered everything up this time."

Gorilla Grodd wrote:"It is time to Make America Grodd Again."

Squidward wrote:"There are some vikings here to see you."

Chocolate was first made in Southern Mexico/Central America
flairric66
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:02 pm

Re: Leavers

Postby Shyyster » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:01 pm

flairric66 wrote:You act like people can read reports whenever they want or outside of trial system.


I never said you couldn't, which is why I asked where you getting your information from. Forums? Discord? What? Because based on my experience of dealing with hundreds upon hundreds of leaving reports since I joined this community and started taking part in TS, most leaving reports are filed by players upset that someone left, not because of a joke, being upset, or wanting someone banned for a terrible reason which you stated.


I’ve been here longer than you. It’s clear you need to better familiarize yourself with what is available to the community.


Buddy it's obvious that you created your account in 2015 and didn't touch it till years after or played a couple of times before dropping it. That's why your first post on forums is back in 2017 AFTER I joined and you have less games played than me.

Actually put up facts instead of trying to pull rank, lol.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
User avatar
Shyyster
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:23 am

Re: Leavers

Postby flairric66 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:43 pm

Your statement's intent seems obvious to me and it suggests just that. You literally just said within the same sentence "most leaving reports are filed by players upset that someone left, not because of being upset". Now, we both know what you meant, but I think subconsciously you agree with me here. You and I both only have anecdotal experience here. There is no reason for us to debate which one has the most because neither of us has seen every single report ever and there are no empirical studies to back up either claim.

No, that isn't obvious because it is patently untrue. My first post and number of games played says absolutely nothing about my experience in the community, just because it did not leave a paper trail does not mean it did not happen. I am putting up facts (I'm just not going into your account when it does not have anything to do with the discussion), you're the one using conjecture and your inferences as hard facts when they are not. I also would not have to pull rank if you were not calling my credentials into question and trying to say that you have more experience than me when the dates on our accounts prove that to be false.
My Very Eager Mother Just Served Us Nine Pies.
Rip Hunter wrote:"Well, you really have buggered everything up this time."

Gorilla Grodd wrote:"It is time to Make America Grodd Again."

Squidward wrote:"There are some vikings here to see you."

Chocolate was first made in Southern Mexico/Central America
flairric66
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:02 pm

Re: Leavers

Postby Shyyster » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:17 am

flairric66 wrote:There is no reason for us to debate which one has the most because neither of us has seen every single report ever and there are no empirical studies to back up either claim.


I am putting up facts (I'm just not going into your account when it does not have anything to do with the discussion),.


Man do I love the hypocrisy of these two statements.

What facts are you putting up exactly? You haven't shown anything besides your own opinion on why people report people for leaving and haven't even stated where you're pulling your experience from to backup your arguments.

Facts require a bit more than "I been here longer than you! So I just know."


I also would not have to pull rank if you were not calling my credentials into question and trying to say that you have more experience than me when the dates on our accounts prove that to be false.


Just cause you created a account before someone else and let it collect dust doesn't mean you have more experience in something than someone else who is active on their account and takes part in something which gives them a firsthand showing of why reports are filed.

And just to throw some actual "rank" around: https://i.imgur.com/kxOvBqj.jpg

So yeah, I think in my 2 years since joining the community I can speak with confidence on why leaving reports are filed. Oh and before you say "You only done 800 leaving reports! That doesn't mean anything.", leaving reports are filed under gamethrowing now and usually get misfiled under other reasons, so don't take how many leaving reports I done as the sole indicator.

This will be my last comment towards you since I don't see the discussion going anywhere with your lack of facts and us just insulting each other.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
User avatar
Shyyster
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:23 am

Re: Leavers

Postby Manona24 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:52 am

Where did I say I wanted them banned? I just said that I wanted something done about it. I never said being banned was the way to go
Favorite Roles: Jailor, Investigator, Consigiliere

Normally go by: RazorSharp, Executioner (Heavy preference to RazorSharp though)
User avatar
Manona24
Survivor
Survivor
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: Leavers

Postby acab40percent1312 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:00 pm

Yeah, seriously. I'm sick and tired of people leaving before I can revive them as Retributionist.
User avatar
acab40percent1312
Amnesiac
Amnesiac
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:49 pm

Re: Leavers

Postby Manona24 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:13 pm

And just had a game as Arso where a good chunk of the town left. All town dead by day 3 and I was lynched that day. Not a single Mafia member died. Leaving doesn't just ruin your team's chances of winning. Believe it or not, it effects other teams too
Favorite Roles: Jailor, Investigator, Consigiliere

Normally go by: RazorSharp, Executioner (Heavy preference to RazorSharp though)
User avatar
Manona24
Survivor
Survivor
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: Leavers

Postby flairric66 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:24 am

Shyyster wrote:Man do I love the hypocrisy of these two statements.

What facts are you putting up exactly? You haven't shown anything besides your own opinion on why people report people for leaving and haven't even stated where you're pulling your experience from to backup your arguments.

Facts require a bit more than "I been here longer than you! So I just know."

You appear to have zero knowledge of what the term "hypocrisy" means. Best to stop using it altogether.

And, as I already told you you just decided to ignore it to suit your own narrative, the trial system is free and available for anyone to check reports on, as is the reports section of the forums.

Facts require a bit more than just ignoring them to suit your version of things.


Just cause you created a account before someone else and let it collect dust doesn't mean you have more experience in something than someone else who is active on their account and takes part in something which gives them a firsthand showing of why reports are filed.

And just to throw some actual "rank" around: https://i.imgur.com/kxOvBqj.jpg

So yeah, I think in my 2 years since joining the community I can speak with confidence on why leaving reports are filed. Oh and before you say "You only done 800 leaving reports! That doesn't mean anything.", leaving reports are filed under gamethrowing now and usually get misfiled under other reasons, so don't take how many leaving reports I done as the sole indicator.

This will be my last comment towards you since I don't see the discussion going anywhere with your lack of facts and us just insulting each other.


Just because you presume to know my activity does not mean you actually do. I have been active on my account, I'm not sure why you just decided to make up something like that and run with it.

You said rank was meaningless. This is an example of hypocrisy, which you again show yourself to be unfamiliar with.

Except you can't speak with confidence since you don't seem to be interpreting anything correctly here. Why would I say you've only done 800 leaving reports? Probably best not to try and come up with counterpoints that I am going to say if you are absolutely miserable at it. As you can see my response was not even close to whatever nonsense you could come up with. That's a massive issue, leaving and gamethrowing are not the same thing, maybe you should be using your "rank" to correct massive flaws instead of throwing it around even though you claim it doesn't mean anything.

Except your the one that can't use facts, or at least interpret them and use them properly. Anyone can post a random fact and put it in the wrong context.
Please don't respond, you hardly have anything of interest to say to anybody.
My Very Eager Mother Just Served Us Nine Pies.
Rip Hunter wrote:"Well, you really have buggered everything up this time."

Gorilla Grodd wrote:"It is time to Make America Grodd Again."

Squidward wrote:"There are some vikings here to see you."

Chocolate was first made in Southern Mexico/Central America
flairric66
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:02 pm


Return to Town of Salem Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests