Get Coven Ranked Going

Post anything related to the game here!

Get Coven Ranked Going

Postby Fourteen » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:05 am

In late 2017, I attempted to get coven ranked going. It was unsuccessful, but coven is now more popular and I’ve learned from my mistakes. So here’s the plan and my estimation on how long we will be in each stage.

Stage 1) Getting support and revising. (1-4 months)
Stage 2) Playing scheduled games. (2-4 months)
Stage 3) Setting short time windows where people can expect to get a match. (1-2 months)
Stage 4) Expanding those time windows as popularity grows. (Indefinitely)

Stage 1
If you’re interested, please spread the word. Maybe tell people in coven lobbies (don’t spam or post links, just refer them here). Check in every week or so to see updates and respond to other’s suggestions. Also please give your own input, as I’m not perfect and I’m sure this could do with some refining. Once we feel ready, we will schedule two matches about a month in advance. If they both start, we will move on to stage 2.
Stage 2
This is self explanatory, but it is the part I need the most feedback about. How will we schedule the matches? How frequent should they be? We’ll know stage two is done if we can get enough people in to schedule more lenient timings. Eventually we will sort things out my rank.
Stage 3
The purpose of this stage is so we can start Stage 4. I’m thinking we should begin with two small playing windows that recur weekly.
Stage 4
Here we will extend the playing window until we don’t need one anymore.

I know it’s a long process, but I think it’ll pay off on the end. Thanks for reading!
Fourteen
Executioner
Executioner

Re: Get Coven Ranked Going

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:49 pm

weekends and during Lovers weeks should get you some players. People will queue if they know there is definately going to be a match, No one wants to queue for 10 minutes for nothing.

Get interested people to friend you in game, create a party and get the party room to 15 players, then you can all queue for ranked at once, if you can get 2 rooms to 15, even better
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Return to Town of Salem Discussion