game crashes on logging in to steam

Bug reports for the Unity Steam Beta.

game crashes on logging in to steam

Postby robertlinke » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:21 pm

just like the title says. it does it EVERY time i log in.
i get the splash screen, the loading bar, and then the log in screen, all fine

i press log in with steam, and it freezes and then just townofsalem.exe has stopped working.
crash log in event viewer says the following:

The program TownOfSalem.exe version 2018.2.21.8949 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 2d50
Start Time: 01d5aacde8f338f4
Termination Time: 2
Application Path: D:\steam\steamapps\common\Town of Salem\TownOfSalem.exe
Report Id: 9da75550-86d9-46e5-b597-84be42d13ef3
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Hang type: Unknown

so thats really helpfull..
the security and maintenenace says exactly the same but in my own language, Dutch, so not helpfull either

i tried cache integrity, same thing, reinstalled the game same thing. no clue what it is.
my hardware hasn't changed except for my monitor, which went to a G-sync compatible HDR monitor, maybe thats what causes it?
LG 27GL83A-B is the name of the monitor.
robertlinke

Re: game crashes on logging in to steam

Postby DocExer » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:19 pm

Since the monitor configuration is the only thing that changed, that's probably a likely culprit. The version of Unity we used for the last release has some known issues with certain types of monitor configurations. We are in the process of upgrading Town of Salem to run on the latest version of Unity which should resolve many of these problems along with many other issues internal to the Unity game engine, although I can't say for certain that it will fix your particular issue.

I don't know how difficult it would be for you to try running the game on your old monitor to double-check if that resolves the issue, just to help pinpoint whether that is the problem?
DocExer
Developer
Developer

Postby Flavorable » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:01 pm

Also make sure you have properly (un)installed and/or updated your graphics drivers, just to be sure it's not that.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby robertlinke » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:28 am

The issue resolved itself, without my intervention.
not sure what it caused, but eveything works now as intended.

im willing to say it was windows just being windows..
robertlinke

Return to [UNITY] Steam Beta Bug Reports