UNITY STILL CRASHING ON ITSELF FOR PLAYERS FORCED TO USE IT

Bug reports for the Unity Steam Beta.

UNITY STILL CRASHING ON ITSELF FOR PLAYERS FORCED TO USE IT

Postby SwampRabbit » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:37 pm

JESUS CHRIST FIX THIS UNITY CRASHING PROBLEM OR STOP FORCING YOUR PAYING PLAYERS TO USE IT. It is TOTAL BS that PAYING PLAYERS KEEP GETTING PENALIZED BY A CRASHING GAME PLATFORM WHILE FREE PLAYERS DO NOT. YET AGAIN, another 15 elo loss on a game that my FACTION HAD WON SINCE LAST EVIL WAS KNOWN and about to be lynched, but thanks to me supporting BMG financially, I get a shit platform to use that crashed on itself yet again automatically closing the game.

AND NO JERME, IT DOES NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH MY CONNECTION. IT IS A PROBLEM WITH THE UNITY PLATFORM THAT NO ONE AT BMG HAS ADDRESSED.
SwampRabbit
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: UNITY STILL CRASHING ON ITSELF FOR PLAYERS FORCED TO USE

Postby Jerme » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:03 pm

Please keep in mind that creating multiple thread about this topic doesn't make this issue be fixed faster.
Regardless of your post, the issue is planned to be checked this week.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:08 am

SwampRabbit wrote:AND NO JERME, IT DOES NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH MY CONNECTION. IT IS A PROBLEM WITH THE UNITY PLATFORM THAT NO ONE AT BMG HAS ADDRESSED.

This was completely unnecessary to include in your thread. Do it again and you'll find yourself with a Board Warning for baiting staff.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby PleaseReadSiege » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:24 pm

No one is forced to use Unity. I paid and I use the Flash client that works. Unity is optional for Steam users, and yeah, I guess mandatory if you play on mobile, but that's still a choice.
PleaseReadSiege
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Jerme » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:48 am

PleaseReadSiege wrote:No one is forced to use Unity. I paid and I use the Flash client that works. Unity is optional for Steam users, and yeah, I guess mandatory if you play on mobile, but that's still a choice.

Unity will be eventually rolled out for web as well, since Flash is discontinued and won't be supported by browsers eventually. The client is being worked on, though, thus eventually the issues should decrease over the time, to hopefully nullify.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DocExer » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:20 pm

There will be a Steam update coming out soon that addresses a number of crashes. It does take some time to collect the info, root cause them, fix them, and prepare a patch. Apologies if it feels like it has been slow, but we have been putting out patches at a fairly frequent pace. Hopefully this latest release will address the issues you have been seeing. Happy hanging!
DocExer
Developer
Developer

Return to [UNITY] Steam Beta Bug Reports