Poisoned the jugg but they didn't die

Bug reports for the Unity Steam Beta.

Poisoned the jugg but they didn't die

Postby Lannouni » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:49 pm

I poisoned the jugg, who saw the notification of them being poisoned. There was no doctor in the game, and they didn't die the next night

https://ibb.co/Zcv7t3q
https://ibb.co/Qvz8vkG
https://ibb.co/Yc4vhfB
https://ibb.co/dBdznqh
Lannouni
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Poisoned the jugg but they didn't die

Postby Alexis17 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:09 pm

Is this behaviour not intended and considered a bug?

Once in Coven All Any I poisoned N2 a player who turned out to be an Amnesiac who has decided to remember Coven Leader after the first one was killed by the Mafia. I was worried that I was going to get the new Coven Leader killed to my poison, but they survived after getting the Necronomicon and gaining basic defense on N3. They didn't tell me what happened to them that night either and there was no Doctor that could have healed them as the only Doctor claim was my fake one and that I had 'healed' them, so we both just assumed it was a normal thing.
Alexis17
Jester
Jester

Postby Lannouni » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:45 am

PrincessDespair wrote:The game must've been confused since Juggernaut gained basic defense that night after they killed you. Thank you for the bug report.

game must've been confused? That makes absolutely no sense, and I am posting this to bring it to light to moderators/devs. not asking for clarification on a game being "confused".

the jug claimed poisoned, therefore the poisoning went through.
Lannouni
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:52 am

Lannouni wrote:
PrincessDespair wrote:The game must've been confused since Juggernaut gained basic defense that night after they killed you. Thank you for the bug report.

game must've been confused? That makes absolutely no sense, and I am posting this to bring it to light to moderators/devs. not asking for clarification on a game being "confused".

Except that's the basis of a lot of these role interactions, is the game gets confused because the Devs didn't do 'this' or 'that' to direct the game to do 'this' or 'that'. Though is this actually just unity-based? If the Jugg said they were indeed poisoned, this needs to go in main Bug Reports, as this is a game-issue, not Unity, as the game correctly identified the Jugg to said player, that they were poisoned.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lannouni » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:54 am

I posted this here as I'm using the unity version now so I can't really differentiate between game or unity bug you see.
Lannouni
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Lannouni » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:57 am

the game did not identify that they were jug to me, it was deduced and made apparent during the game, they just said they were poisoned.
Lannouni
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:03 am

Will test this later once I get ahold of Brandon to reset test accounts. Set myself a reminder. Will revisit this hopefully in 6 hours.

If it works on non-unity correctly, I'll keep it here.
If I can reporduce in non-unity, I will move to Bug Reports.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Flavorable » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:06 am

Naru2008 wrote:
Lannouni wrote:

Except that's the basis of a lot of these role interactions, is the game gets confused because the Devs didn't do 'this' or 'that' to direct the game to do 'this' or 'that'. Though is this actually just unity-based? If the Jugg said they were indeed poisoned, this needs to go in main Bug Reprots, as this is a game-issue, not Unity, as the game correctly identified the Jugg to said player, that they were poisoned.

Not necessarily, since the interactions with the necromancer also got changed in Unity. And this hasn't happened before Unity as far as we've ever come across.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby AgateChew » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:54 am

I think the only possible explanation is the successful 2nd attack for Juggernaut, since 2nd kill for Juggernaut grants Jugg basic defense, hence Jugg didn't die to poison, I could be wrong though.
AgateChew
Witch
Witch

Postby Transcender » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:58 am

ChaseCollins98 wrote:I think the only possible explanation is the successful 2nd attack for Juggernaut, since 2nd kill for Juggernaut grants Jugg basic defense, hence Jugg didn't die to poison, I could be wrong though.

That would be the wrong ordering in that case.
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby AgateChew » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:56 am

Likely.
AgateChew
Witch
Witch

Postby Transcender » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:07 pm

ChaseCollins98 wrote:Likely.