Feedback/Suggestion List!

Bug reports for the Unity Steam Beta.

Feedback/Suggestion List!

Postby JacksonVirgo » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:51 pm

SUGGESTIONS
  • General
    • Adding a way to see how many people are online, how many people are in game, how many games are running on the main screen.
    • Seeing which lobby your friend is in when they're availability is shown as "In Lobby"
    • Way to select and play any part of the soundtrack from the main screen, like a jukebox.
    • Adding statistics (seems to not be there)
    • Adding a 'role library' where you can go through all the roles/role cards and see what they do, helpful for beginners.
    • Creating your own template wills and having them fill automatically when a game starts.
  • Lobby
    • Adding a button that sends a /repick call.
    • Ability to load and save custom rolelists locally (not on the server, on your device) for use in the Custom gamemode.
    • In combination with the previous point, adding a main screen section where you can add/delete/edit your saved custom rolelists.
    • Adding a way to see how many people are currently waiting in a specific lobby (such as custom) without joining first (to avoid joining an empty lobby then needing wait to join another)
  • Game
    • In addition to the 'send entire will to chat' button, have a button which specifically sends all the text within a selection. (So you can highlight N3-5 and send them specifically etc.)
    • Removing linebreaks from the copy+pasting into the chat bar. Removing all new line characters so it's all on one line. Currently if you manually copy and paste your will, the new line characters are still there yet if you press the send to chat button, they get removed. If you need screenshots, I can send that but it isn't a bug)
    • Ability to drag and drop Last Will, Death Note and Notes around the screen - perhaps with a position reset button.
    • Ability for Arsonist, Hex Master to manually mark and unmark people who are doused/hexed when they want.
    • Ability to add and remove 'confirmed' people to the known players list manually. e.g. John Proctor is 'confirmed' sheriff, go into the known players section and click add, find their name, search their role in a dropdown/search bar or however it could be implemented.
    • When in a faction with night chat and you're jailed, have your factions chat in the same colours as dead chat and the Jailor in normal colours to make it more distinctive.
    • Adding a quick reference tab where players can click through, search, bookmark certain information that could help and minimise logic inaccuracies in game such as storing Investigator results, a list of unique roles, list of short terms like TP and what they mean.

If any of these are actually already in the beta and I just didn't realize, let me know :)
I don't expect these to be added, especially the cosmetic ones but some would be really useful to be added. If some of these points are hard to understand, I can reword them or provide examples upon request.
Last edited by JacksonVirgo on Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Re: Feedback/Suggestion List!

Postby DocExer » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:37 pm

@JacksonVirgo, some excellent suggestions here. I'll be keeping this list and don't be surprised if a number of these show up in Town of Salem in the future. Probably not for our initial production Steam release as we're mostly fixing bugs now as opposed to introducing new features, but these are some brilliant suggestions for future releases. Thanks and let us know if you have any other suggestions.
DocExer
Developer
Developer

Return to [UNITY] Steam Beta Bug Reports