Game glitched, would not show any info.

Bug reports for the Unity Steam Beta.

Game glitched, would not show any info.

Postby 0pti » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:53 pm

Let me get this started from the top. I was trying to join a game but whenever I pressed the 'Play solo' button, nothing happened. Confused, I tried other gamemodes with the same result. After about 30 seconds, I was then thrown into the lobby. Less than a second later (I kid you not), I was thrown into the name selection, and (Again, I am not exaggerating) a split second later, I was thrown into the game. I could see the circle of players so I knew my name. However, I looked on the top left and my name was apparently 'Player Number #01'. I couldn't see my role at all. My role was literally just called '[Role]'. There was absolutely nothing in alignment, attributes, abilities, etc. Not even my attack or defense was visible. Same thing with the 'All Live Townies', 'Known Faction Members', and 'Targets' sections. There was just nothing. As I stated before, I could see the circle of players so I knew the names.

Turn to night. Thankfully, I see the framer framing so I ask the mafia what I was and explained I was glitched. At least I got to know my role. However, since the 'Targets' section was invisible, I could not vote to kill. Same thing with the voting phase at day. I couldn't vote. I could still talk and see peoples names in chat. I could also vote guilty or innocent. That's about it. Ended up getting hung and left.

If you need a screenshot, please tell me how and I would happily send one.

Summary:
  • Could not see graveyard
  • Could not see Role List
  • Could not see role, attributes, alignment, abilities, goal
  • 'All Live Townies', 'Known Faction Members' and 'Targets' sections were blank
  • Could not vote to lynch or kill anyone at night or day
Basically, I could only speak and vote Innocent or Guilty.

Hope you get this glitch fixed. Also, off topic but thanks for the ui change :D
Last edited by Jerme on Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed listing
0pti

Re: Game glitched, would not show any info.

Postby Jerme » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:40 am

This sounds like there is an issue with the game not being loaded correctly. How was your network traffic that time?
CVould you also try to verify the integrety of your game cache?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Game glitched, would not show any info.

Postby GodlikeHacker » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:09 am

Yeah, this also happened to me, my network is avergae and I'm always able to get into games no problem!

Here's a Screenshot
https://gyazo.com/e2351254202deafb792f6b95f75b6b65
GodlikeHacker

Return to [UNITY] Steam Beta Bug Reports