(minor issue/loose end) game behaviour while pc froze

Bug reports for the Unity Steam Beta.

(minor issue/loose end) game behaviour while pc froze

Postby Reint » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:04 pm

Hello,

While I was waiting for a lobby to fill, my Mac froze (not the newest, MacBook Pro (2015)), and when it unfroze, I came back to a screen looking like this:

- https://imgur.com/a/VJlugoR (I couldn't see any player name/role list, and so couldn't select or vote a player, and I apparently was part of a solo vamp team (there were no vampires in that game, I did get a random name though, James Russel, while the top name showed player number #1).

The freezing of a game seems as a known issue, but I think it's good to know that this happened when your game freezes for a longer period (it started when I was in the lobby, and it ended when day 1 just ended). The cause of the freeze was because my Mac has some issues (it sometimes freezes for a short period) It properly has to do with loading stuff. I was switching screens when it happened. (Although I'm not sure, since the game also freezes sometimes mid game for a very short time due to some network issues I guess).

I hope this brings you a bit further in fixing some of the loose ends in this version :)
Reint
Jester
Jester

Re: (minor issue/loose end) game behaviour while pc froze

Postby Jerme » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:04 pm

I've heard that there are a few issue with tabbing out and in the game, yet I have to experience those myself.
Could you play normally, or had troubles voting or performing your unknown role?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Reint » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:44 am

I couldn't vote and or select any targets. The role was unknown untill I saw the messages "you did not perform your day ability", and "you did not perform your night ability", that made it clear that I was jailor.
Reint
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:22 am

Thats an odd one, thanks for your update.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to [UNITY] Steam Beta Bug Reports