Beta Update

Bug reports for the Unity Steam Beta.

Beta Update

Postby shapesifter13 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:00 pm

Hey Townies,

Today we are releasing Steam Beta 2 patch 3.1.0 that includes many improvements and bug fixes based on your feedback, particularly focusing on sizing items to look better on a big screen and to improve legibility of text on the screen to facilitate faster comprehension of what you’re reading. This is not the final beta release, so please continue providing feedback so we can continue to improve Town of Salem! If you’ve already provided feedback and don’t see anything in this release that addresses your concerns, fear not, we are working our way through ALL feedback and chances are we’ll be working on yours soon. Without further ado, here’s what’s in this release:

IMPROVEMENTS
• Pressing the Enter key while on Login page now submits the login info as long as both Username and Password are populated.
• Pressing the Enter key in Select Name screen should now submit the name in the Name field.
• Increased the scrolling speed on many scrollable lists.
• The game map now zooms out after the first day's intro phase to allow showing more of the game on a big screen.
• Reduced the size of the Lobby role buttons to minimize scrolling.
• Reduced the size of the role card text to minimize scrolling.
• Reduced the size of the Graveyard target menu buttons to minimize scrolling.
• Reduced the size of the target menu buttons to minimize scrolling.
• Avatar name on Dead persons in the morning are now instantly visible.
• Avatar name no longer fades away when walking to trial.
• Avatar name no longer disappears during the "who died" focusing phase.
• Graveyard now sorts by order of death.
• Last Will text can now be scrolled with middle scroll mouse button.
• Last Will, Death Note, Notepad, and Forger aux menu now receive typing focus automatically when opened.
• Closing will, death note, or chat log returns focus to the chat box.
• When in a game, unless a popup box is open, the chat box attempts to retain focus to minimize having to click into the chat box to type.
• Clicking the Whisper icon now sets focus to the chat box at the end of the line.
• In-game chat history will now expand when the Graveyard and Role List are minimized.
• Target names are now bolded in chat.
• Added tooltips to various screens. More will be forthcoming in later releases.

BUG FIXES
• Fixed the Faction members list improperly showing dead neutrals when you die and are stoned or cleaned.
• The Medium can now seance after death even if they were cleaned or stoned.
• The Guardian Angel can now use their ability after death even if they were cleaned or stoned.
• Bodyguard attack now shows as Powerful in the role card rather than None.
• Fixed some longer role names being cut off in the role card.
• Guardian Angel protection active icon now shows properly when GA protects someone.
• Vigilante guilt notification no longer appears when dead.
• The Werewolf transformation message no longer appears when dead.
• Dlive dead skin now appears properly in-game.
• The Nurse Lillian Skin Burned at the Stake death animation now appears properly in game.
• The Hero City day background not appears properly in game.
• Black bars which were sometimes visible when scrolling the background map in-game should no longer appear.
• Long text in a Death Note will no longer scroll more text than necessary off the top of the note.
• Long text in a Last Will will no longer scroll more text than necessary off the top of the will.
• Pasting long multi-line text into a chat input no longer overruns the borders of the chat box.
• The More Info list in the role selection screen now scrolls rather than overrunning its container.
• Fixed issue where trying to login via the Steam button failed if the Steam service had not been initialized yet. The Steam login button will no longer activate until the Service is ready.
• Day 1 music no longer starts earlier than usual.
• Music now stops when the Death animation begins.
• Fixed the music during Last Words phase.
• Fixed a music issue when exiting the Cauldron.
• Fixed some strange coloring for Medium in chat.
• The names of living people in chats now are white rather than grey to avoid confusion with dead chat.
• The Names of dead in dead chat are now italicized to further differentiate them from living chat.
• The Ranked Practice state on the End Game screen is now capped (ie: 150/10 will now show as 10/10).
• Fixed a visual +/- ELO bug on End Game screen.
• The Add Role button in the Lobby screen now disables after the Start button is clicked.
• The Remove Role buttons in the Lobby screen now disables after the Start button is clicked.
• Clicking on the Random House (if selected) in the Customization screen now opens the House selection screen.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Re: Beta Update

Postby MysticMismagius » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:08 pm

I tried to launch the game and it still appears to be in the original version of the beta. Is there something extra I need to do to update it?
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby DocExer » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:47 pm

@MysticMismagius, the release is still in the process of being pushed to the Steam servers. It should be available sometime later tonight.
DocExer
Developer
Developer

Postby PleaseReadSiege » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:55 am

I'll need to test it more after work since I was only able to get in 1 game this morning, but pressing Enter on the select name screen still didn't seem to work for me. I'm sure I was playing the new beta since I did see many other improvements.

Edit: Yep, I'm double sure this isn't working. Just tried again. Pressed Enter repeatedly after entering a name and it will not submit
PleaseReadSiege
Investigator
Investigator

Postby PleaseReadSiege » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:40 am

Just tested this again, and I was able to press Enter to submit my name 1 time. The next game, I wasn't. This seems to be very inconsistent.
PleaseReadSiege
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Transcender » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:18 am

You do know this is in bug reports right
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby PleaseReadSiege » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:23 am

Google wrote:You do know this is in bug reports right

I scrolled through all 4 pages, and did not see any bug report for beta v2 with a title that states this. If it's buried in someone's meta-feedback thread, I wouldn't have seen it because I don't read every single one of those.
PleaseReadSiege
Investigator
Investigator

Return to [UNITY] Steam Beta Bug Reports