Lines moving up the screen.

Bug reports for the Unity Steam Beta.

Lines moving up the screen.

Postby SpiritWolfLord » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:07 pm

When playing, whether it was the login screen, main screen, or the game itself, lines would move across the screen, often showing the background mixed with the foreground. I took a few screenshots, but I'm not sure how to post them. It was very distracting.
SpiritWolfLord
Transporter
Transporter

Re: Lines moving up the screen.

Postby Jerme » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:12 pm

You can upload them to an image hosting site and link them here.
Which client were you using? Did you access the PublicTestrealm (PTR) or the live server?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SpiritWolfLord » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:16 pm

I used the Unity beta. The bug doesn't happen in the normal version. I'll try to upload the image and link it.
SpiritWolfLord
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Jerme » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:17 pm

I'll be moving this into the appropiate forum then, thanks.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SpiritWolfLord » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:33 pm

For some reason, when I do the screenshot, it doesn't capture the bug. The lines actually jump when I press it and might be disappearing for a split second. The alternative is that it is somehow my screen, but it only does this in the unity beta and not on the other version or any other app. I'll try taking a picture of it from my phone and send it that way.
SpiritWolfLord
Transporter
Transporter

Postby SpiritWolfLord » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:37 pm

I tried to use the xbox recording app that's built into steam, and the bug actually goes away when it is opened, and even as long as it is recording, which seems really weird. I can actually use it as a work around for now, but I'm still going to try to get a picture with my phone.
SpiritWolfLord
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Jerme » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:38 pm

Alright.
Do you know when the chat is getting a bit "jumpy"? When someone posts their will?

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SpiritWolfLord » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:41 pm

What do you mean? It's not related to the chat. I got a few pictures, so I'll try to send them to imgur.
SpiritWolfLord
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Jerme » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:44 pm

alright, thank you :)
Its hard to reproduce an issue, when its cause is remainign unknown, atm.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SpiritWolfLord » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:56 pm

https://imgur.com/a/iaQ8bDN

Here is the link to the pictures. It might be somewhat hard to see what's going on in the pictures, but in the first and the third pictures, the background (where the guy is showing) is leaking over the foreground. It happens in every portion of the game, besides the login screen, which seems to be safe for some reason. I can take more pictures if needed.
SpiritWolfLord
Transporter
Transporter

Postby DocExer » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:54 pm

Thanks for reporting this bug. This looks like its probably a vsync issue. We'll see if we can get this resolved for beta release 3 if possible.
DocExer
Developer
Developer

Postby SpiritWolfLord » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:43 pm

Awesome, thank you.
SpiritWolfLord
Transporter
Transporter

Postby DocExer » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:10 pm

@SpiritWolfLord, thanks again for your feedback. The upcoming Steam beta 4 release will include a setting to turn vSync on/off. Turning this setting on should resolve the issue you had with the lines scrolling up the screen. Please do let us know if you continue to have issues after we have released beta 4 and you have updated. Thanks again.
DocExer
Developer
Developer

Postby SpiritWolfLord » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:26 pm

Was the update already applied? I opened it up today, and the lines were gone. Thank you.

Edit: Just checked and if I disable VSync in the settings, the lines come back. So glad I don't have to open up the recording device each time I play.
SpiritWolfLord
Transporter
Transporter

Postby DocExer » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:03 am

@SpiritWolfLord, yes, if you have the VSync setting available to you in the Burger Menu, then you have Steam beta 4 which implemented the fix. Glad it resolved the issue for you. Happy hanging!
DocExer
Developer
Developer

Return to [UNITY] Steam Beta Bug Reports