Council of Seven

A place for old, unplayed, and completed games go to lie.

Re: Council of Seven

Postby TakumiHijirihara » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:32 pm

Multiuniverse wrote:Yes

Okay, fingers crossed there. How should we safely have them communicate the goings on? And should we have any military posted nearby to step in if there's attacks or should we let the spies be the only ones there?

@Death Do we know if our military is missing any ships in that area specifically, and do we know of any mass desertions?
Why
TakumiHijirihara
Summer 2018 Winner
Summer 2018 Winner

Postby Multiuniverse » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:15 pm

TakumiHijirihara wrote:
Multiuniverse wrote:Yes

Okay, fingers crossed there. How should we safely have them communicate the goings on? And should we have any military posted nearby to step in if there's attacks or should we let the spies be the only ones there?

@Death Do we know if our military is missing any ships in that area specifically, and do we know of any mass desertions?

Only spy

Thanks parker for the gif and SuperDuper for suggesting rotational sig
Multiuniverse
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner

Postby TakumiHijirihara » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:27 pm

Welp. I wish we could ping someone on the forums.

Anyhow. /vote the Spy plan since it's basically all we have for that and vote for no ban on criticism
Why
TakumiHijirihara
Summer 2018 Winner
Summer 2018 Winner

Postby Multiuniverse » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:03 pm

TakumiHijirihara wrote:Welp. I wish we could ping someone on the forums.

Anyhow. /vote the Spy plan since it's basically all we have for that and vote for no ban on criticism

/vote the spy plan and vote no ban on criticism

Multiuniverse

Postby SuperWeegee » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:11 pm

Multiuniverse wrote:
TakumiHijirihara wrote:Welp. I wish we could ping someone on the forums.

SuperWeegee
Executioner
Executioner

Postby BRVR » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:13 pm

/vote no on criticism.
If we do the Spy plan they're probably not going to accept a negotiation unless it's an ultimatum. I would like to try and negotiate with them without killing anybody, but if that's the only option /vote the spy plan
THE GREAT KIJAH IS BACK AND IS HERE TO STAY!
I AM OPEN TO MAKING NEW FRIENDS TO FILL THE VOID IN MY HEART OF SADNESS!
BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

Postby TakumiHijirihara » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:22 pm

BRVR wrote:/vote no on criticism.
If we do the Spy plan they're probably not going to accept a negotiation unless it's an ultimatum. I would like to try and negotiate with them without killing anybody, but if that's the only option /vote the spy plan

I mean. I'd like that as well, but I can't really think of anything else without possibly having them kill a large number of our soldiers. Do you have any ideas BRVR?
Why
TakumiHijirihara
Summer 2018 Winner
Summer 2018 Winner

Postby BRVR » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:38 pm

Can we instead have a plan where we have a small negotiation with them and if they deny it or we aren't satisfied with the outcome then we will do the spy plan?
THE GREAT KIJAH IS BACK AND IS HERE TO STAY!
I AM OPEN TO MAKING NEW FRIENDS TO FILL THE VOID IN MY HEART OF SADNESS!
BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Multiuniverse » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:44 pm

They are pirates
We cannot hope to have good terms with them without any information on our side before hand

Multiuniverse

Postby TakumiHijirihara » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:13 pm

Multiuniverse wrote:They are pirates
We cannot hope to have good terms with them without any information on our side before hand

^^

The reason I support spies is because then we can figure out what the pirates want andwhy they're being pirate-y. That way maybe we have something to negotiate with.
Why
TakumiHijirihara
Summer 2018 Winner
Summer 2018 Winner

Postby Technetium » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:32 pm

Negotiate? I don't want to negotiate with them, unless it's asking them which airlock they want to be thrown out of.
But it is possible that it may eventually be necessary to negotiate regardless.

/vote no to anti-critic bill

I propose a secondary plan that may be usable in addition to or instead of the "spy plan." First, we have new procedures set up for authenticating ships that are actually part of the military, codes and such, so that in theory a ship following the updated procedures will be verified as not being a pirate ship. If any ships that have the new procedures turn out to be pirates after all, we'll know they have some way of getting inside information. The spies, if sent, may be able to figure out how they're doing this. Second, some combat-capable ships either in reserve or in areas not at risk of pirate attack can be diverted to protect planets and refueling stations in the area at risk. Along with this, I recommend that if such is possible to do effectively, the refueling stations be armed with anti-ship weapons and defensive systems to proect themselves and ships under attack near them. I don't know the specs of the stations so it is possible that that part may be unfeasible.

Besides the actual defending, doing this makes it obvious to the public we're doing something--the spy plan is something that'd have to not have much information about it released.

In memory of those who have been deleted.
The last poster to survive Blindside Island will win a cookie. Or perhaps 1500...
Technetium#8515 on Discord
Technetium
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Multiuniverse » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:37 pm

Technetium wrote:Negotiate? I don't want to negotiate with them, unless it's asking them which airlock they want to be thrown out of.
But it is possible that it may eventually be necessary to negotiate regardless.

/vote no to anti-critic bill

I propose a secondary plan that may be usable in addition to or instead of the "spy plan." First, we have new procedures set up for authenticating ships that are actually part of the military, codes and such, so that in theory a ship following the updated procedures will be verified as not being a pirate ship. If any ships that have the new procedures turn out to be pirates after all, we'll know they have some way of getting inside information. The spies, if sent, may be able to figure out how they're doing this. Second, some combat-capable ships either in reserve or in areas not at risk of pirate attack can be diverted to protect planets and refueling stations in the area at risk. Along with this, I recommend that if such is possible to do effectively, the refueling stations be armed with anti-ship weapons and defensive systems to proect themselves and ships under attack near them. I don't know the specs of the stations so it is possible that that part may be unfeasible.

Besides the actual defending, doing this makes it obvious to the public we're doing something--the spy plan is something that'd have to not have much information about it released.

I propose that instead of anti-ship weapons installed at refueling stations they instead have a panic button they can press to alert the military to pirate attacks. Misuse of these buttons will of course incur a hefty fine.

Multiuniverse

Postby Technetium » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:39 pm

How fast of a response time would be expected, and how fast does a pirate ship acting against another ship typically happen?

The last poster to survive Blindside Island will win a cookie. Or perhaps 1500...
Technetium
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Multiuniverse » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:40 pm

Technetium wrote:How fast of a response time would be expected, and how fast does a pirate ship acting against another ship typically happen?

Well the pirate ship will need time to actually rob the refueling station. Military ships shouldnt take more than 5-10 minutes to arrive

Multiuniverse

Postby Technetium » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:43 pm

Well from what we were told, the stations aren't usually the targets, but rather ships approaching or leaving them are. And the mechanics and speed of space travel haven't really been discussed, so an estimate from deathofrats on those times would be preferred.

Technetium
Godfather
Godfather

Postby deathofrats0808 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:22 pm

Technetium wrote:How fast of a response time would be expected, and how fast does a pirate ship acting against another ship typically happen?

Military response times vary wildly. Most of the ships that are near the refueling posts are patrol ships, so where they are will change. Your estimates for piracy on the other hand range from half an hour to an hour depending on the ship they're attacking. And thus far, every time the military has happened across the pirates, they've beat a hasty retreat, and blown whatever ship they were robbing into a thousand pieces while doing so.

Also, the military does sometimes get told these attacks are happening. Your refueling stations and merchant ships can and do send distress signals.
Dry lightning cracks across the skies
Those storm clouds gather in her eyes

Mutiny 9: The Storm
deathofrats0808
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby TakumiHijirihara » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:39 pm

So what if we had some smaller military ships permanently at refueling stations with a lot of reported pirate activity?
Why
TakumiHijirihara
Summer 2018 Winner
Summer 2018 Winner

Postby deathofrats0808 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:23 pm

The criticism bill is rejected, 5-0 with two abstentions.

Spies have been dispatched to deal with the pirates.

Round 3

The current law up for approval is a public education bill.

The current issue is an idea to create an exploratory fleet to search unexplored regions of space.

The Pox has been contained, and scientists and doctors are nearly finished working on a vaccine.

The pirate attacks continue, and no word has yet reached you from your spies. This is normal from what you're told.

Cenvil has been prodded. Ignore that, I missed stuff.
Last edited by deathofrats0808 on Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deathofrats0808
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Multiuniverse » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:27 pm

/vote yes to public education bill

Public education is an important part in growing our empire

An idea of a fleet is fascinating. Not only do we get to explore more of the mysteries of the universe, potentially finding exotic materials or phenomenons we can use to improve our physics model and using what we learned to improve technological devices, we can also potentially find new worlds to settle and new empires we can establish relations and trades with.

/vote yes for exploratory fleet

As for the pirate attacks I say, as we have not finished discussed last session, we send patrol ships and military to garrison defenseless planets.

Multiuniverse

Postby Technetium » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:37 pm

Uh...what exactly IS the public education bill? Without details, for all I know, it's a bill to destroy all public schools.

For the exploratory fleet, where would the ships used in it come from?

Technetium
Godfather
Godfather

Postby deathofrats0808 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:41 pm

Technetium wrote:Uh...what exactly IS the public education bill? Without details, for all I know, it's a bill to destroy all public schools.

It's a bill promoting education. Mostly a curriculum update, with a few hiring requirements and provisions.

Up to you. The obvious options are defunct military ships, building a bunch of ships, or buying up civilian vessels.
Last edited by deathofrats0808 on Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deathofrats0808
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby TakumiHijirihara » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:43 pm

Exploration. /Yay

Technetium wrote:Uh...what exactly IS the public education bill? Without details, for all I know, it's a bill to destroy all public schools.

I like the idea of a bill to destroy all public schools, but only if either all of the children are in them at the time, or we replace them with newer, better schools.

We do need to continue to discuss the pirate issue though.
Why
TakumiHijirihara
Summer 2018 Winner
Summer 2018 Winner

Postby Technetium » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:50 pm

Well, I'd suggest the usage of entirely new ships for this exploration fleet, which I do support the idea of--current designs aren't built for the purpose, and while they might work okay, a dedicated ship design or set of designs to perform all the varied functions that may be required, and to go a long time without needing to be resupplied, would be the best option. Besides, it frees up other sources of ships for other purposes, such as protecting people from space pirates, and blowing up space pirates.

Also I'm going to not cast a vote on the education bill at this time--it may be that the new regulations are not actually enough of an improvement to compensate for the problems caused by changing standards, or possibly might not be an improvement at all. I may cast a vote later in the round though.

Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no one has gone before!

Technetium
Godfather
Godfather

Postby deathofrats0808 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:59 pm

Technetium wrote:Well, I'd suggest the usage of entirely new ships for this exploration fleet, which I do support the idea of--current designs aren't built for the purpose, and while they might work okay, a dedicated ship design or set of designs to perform all the varied functions that may be required, and to go a long time without needing to be resupplied, would be the best option. Besides, it frees up other sources of ships for other purposes, such as protecting people from space pirates, and blowing up space pirates.

Also I'm going to not cast a vote on the education bill at this time--it may be that the new regulations are not actually enough of an improvement to compensate for the problems caused by changing standards, or possibly might not be an improvement at all. I may cast a vote later in the round though.

Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no one has gone before!

I'll point out that a purpose built fleet like that will be expensive.

As for the education bill, it's mostly a standard update to ensure that schools are sufficiently staffed with competent people, and can incorporate more recent discoveries. The last such update would have been about a decade ago.

deathofrats0808
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby TakumiHijirihara » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:50 pm

deathofrats0808 wrote:
Technetium wrote:Well, I'd suggest the usage of entirely new ships for this exploration fleet, which I do support the idea of--current designs aren't built for the purpose, and while they might work okay, a dedicated ship design or set of designs to perform all the varied functions that may be required, and to go a long time without needing to be resupplied, would be the best option. Besides, it frees up other sources of ships for other purposes, such as protecting people from space pirates, and blowing up space pirates.

I'll point out that a purpose built fleet like that will be expensive.

As for the education bill, it's mostly a standard update to ensure that schools are sufficiently staffed with competent people, and can incorporate more recent discoveries. The last such update would have been about a decade ago.

Would we be able to absolutely blow the budget and do a complete overhaul of our education system, improving it across the board?
Why
TakumiHijirihara
Summer 2018 Winner
Summer 2018 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Completed/Abandoned Games