Routes - "the end!!!!" (closed) only questions accepted.

A place for old, unplayed, and completed games go to lie.

Re: Routes - "Darkness" (open)

Postby Multiuniverse » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:16 am

"I suppose, well thank you for the information and see you in another timeline I guess"

Thanks parker for the gif and SuperDuper for suggesting rotational sig
Multiuniverse
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner

Postby Cenvil2 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:25 am

"You still need to accept or deny the offer"
Cenvil2

Postby Multiuniverse » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:39 am

"I accept"

Multiuniverse

Re: Routes - "the end?" (open)

Postby Cenvil2 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:34 pm

(I decided: if no one else join until Sunday night (aprox 90 hours from now) I will close this game here and give you a last post and a summary if you want.
While it can be played solo it totally takes away the promise and the complexity of the game and don't need to waste the place here if others are not interested.)
Cenvil2

Postby Multiuniverse » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:41 pm

((Okie

Multiuniverse

Postby Chemist1422 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:12 am

(I'll play I guess)
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Cenvil2 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:43 am

Chemist1422 wrote:(I'll play I guess)

(I don't consider this as a join)
Read the OP how to play.
(you may want to the next two post as well, but you don't have to)
Cenvil2

Postby Cenvil2 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:24 pm

Some lore til we wait:
(almost anyone would answer you if you ask about monster hunter)
Monster hunters:
Long time ago when monster showed up from time to time some clever guys built up an Agency to oppose the monster. They are searched others with Special abilities and tried to convince them all monters are evil. Yes, they are evil monsters, but our little story should have shown have evils could change with a little help. (Skar, Spires and the lizardman all were considered as "enemy" at the start of the game everyone else were scared and neutral or scared and friendly.
They monster hunters have the following quirks:
Hidden identity: the monster hunters usually should not reveal they monster hunter rank not even for an other monster hunter. These would ensure that no monster hunter could betray others or no stong monster (with telepathy or other mind reading ability) can go on a rampage.
Lone wolf: They usually work alone. This comes firstly from the Hidden Identity quirk, there are a few exceptions (like Spires and George) but those are couples most of the time.
The holy promise: upon reaching the rank of monster hunter every one of them has to make a promise. This has to be unique, aproved by their master and cannot be broken by any way.
Mostly human: The modern Agency is not against using monsters as monster hunters. But if a monster is obviously a monster they would reject it. (like a lizardman) The agency can check the monster hunters if they are monster or not. These are kept secrets until an other hunter ask about it. (Spires knows about it but never asked for it about George)
Cenvil2

Postby Cenvil2 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:33 pm

No one joined, so I make up a phantom guy to completely give you the last post.

Multiuniverse wrote:"I accept"

"Thank You. Please don't tell Spires what I did. He won't believe it most likely anyway. Goodbye, I mean... nevermind. You should be at Liliann's furneal at the quicksand."

George's figure is fading away as you gains bac your real conciusness. You are in the forest, where you tried kill George but it backfired. Luckily Spires and George did not hide their signs you can follow their paths. You get back to the base. You look inside and you see the last two survived women looking shocked. You don't need to ask them as you discover Aneverd's dead body.
You tell them that you want to partake in Liliann's funeral, and they should come as well. Since they know where the quicksand is they show you the route.
You reach Spires when they arrive. (They were slower because they carried Liliann careful.)
Spires: "This quicksand already killed two people I hope it will help dispose this dangerous body as well. I am sorry George, but it is the truth. You know what you need to do."
George lays Lillian on the ground, but her body is not drowning. Even after a long wait.
"Its strange, the others are already were drowning this point."
Spires stands on the ground and he could walk freely. Something stopped the quickstand from working. You all go out from the forest.
But when you step in the sunshine your skin starts to burn. The vampire blood does not let you leave at day.
"I will wait until night. But you can go. I guess."
You saved 4 people: Spires, George and 2 unknown girl.

Phantom player wrote:(from the OP ver2)
"Yes. What do you want?"

You notice a big sharp pain in your wrist as you looks that way you notice a strange bite, but at the same time two thing happens George (the hunter) catches fire and he burns in flames as he smiles at you and the wound on your hand start healing until it heals completely.
After George burns away leaving nothing behind (not even ash) everyone acts as nothing just happened and they accusing the lizardman for being a monster. Only Spires looks around and looks in your eyes. "What are you?"

You don't know the answer anymore....

The story ends here for now.
Cenvil2

Postby Cenvil2 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:34 pm

claimed for explanations.
I will answer questions if you have any and give you my solution the two solve your problem part of the game. (Spires versus George, you versus Scar)
and some basic info about some character.

The explanation behind George's (the hunter) motive: He is a really old immortal who has no much chance of dying. Since anytime someone dies before their time (through accident or other reasons) he gains the people remaining lifetime. If we take account that he is a partner of a monster hunter who kills immortals George expected lifetime in the skies so he cant die in normal way. His only chances if he gives his life for someone else, or a monster hunter (like Spires) kills him, but the latter is almost impossible. So he chose the act which will erase his full existence from every of his timeline where you two met.
George's holy promise was: Do not give away anyone's secret. (yes, an embarrassing death count as secret as well.)
(btw I did not expect you taking away Spires' sword and I come up with this plot on the spot.)

The explanation behind Aneverd's death: I leave to your imagination why and how and old guy with two young women in a room dies.

There were more perfect scenarios but what you mostly find is the "Liliann stops the quickstand and you are free to go". Well figuring this out were only the first part of the challenge. The second part to lead everyone (this is part of every perfect scenario.) but like BRVR discovered it is a hard task. The third problem with the quicksand round is Scar and the werewolf problem (it was hinted two times that werewolfs are a thing and you gang has one too.) So the problem is: you cant leave at day because the vampire dies but you cant wait to night because the werewolf goes on rampage. (I won't tell the solution but it is hinted in the story so far.)

about the bite... Well you screwed up so the overseer chose to punish you to bring back your "sins" through time, but because George took all from you you don't hold them anymore. (If you refuse you would have been vampire through the remaining part of the campaign if it would have been any.)
Last edited by Cenvil2 on Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cenvil2

Postby Multiuniverse » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:00 pm

Give your solutions
What other monsters are there?

Multiuniverse

Postby Cenvil2 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:19 pm

Solution to the first encounter.
So the main objective was to give George more time and he answers (I will give the answer a little later because that gives away the second solution as well). you took a round around solution and stopped George.
BUT. There was a clue that George's hand was burning as well after he took the sword. And if he does not take the sword from Spires this burn does not occur and gives George mere seconds to end his sentence. So if you stop the fight without saying anything about how to save Liliann (mostly confusing Spires or saying Spires that George is on your side or something similar.) George would have no reason to take away the sword and would have time to answer (which would give away that the sword can be used on stone.) You still should have take the sword from Spires but because it happened in a flashback it does not effected your "true" timeline where George already gave the sword to you.

Solution two:
I would not accept simply sacrificing George in the first place, but if you read the part where George opens his heart to Liliann he said something weird: "I am not from flesh and blood so your curse does not work on me" if you refers this as a clear counter to vampires blood drinking it would go through and Scar attacks George without any effort.
Cenvil2

Postby Cenvil2 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:23 pm

Multiuniverse wrote:Give your solutions
What other monsters are there?

I mostly come up with the monsters on the spot depending on the situation expect Scar (the vampire) ??? (the werewolf) and ofc the lizardman.
oh and the character of Gida.
Cenvil2

Re: Routes - "the end!!!!" (closed) only questions accepted.

Postby Cenvil2 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:31 pm

one monster I need to mention is the "painsharing monster" (I did not find a fit monster from any mythology)
basically this monster gains any pains as other gaining in the near and effects his condition through the game. In your timeline it was the one who tried to save Charlette from drowning (obviosly since he would drown himself as well) but because George got electrocuted he got a zap too. George survived longer because of his physicals but this monster died to the zap instantly.
Cenvil2

Postby Cenvil2 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:35 pm

Did you figure out what George (the monster) is btw?
Cenvil2

Postby Multiuniverse » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:09 pm

Nope, what is he?

Multiuniverse

Postby Cenvil2 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:17 pm

He is not out of flesh and blood.
He knows a lot of medusa yet did not changed into stone by accident.
He does not turn into stone when he touches Liliann.
He figured out Spires' sword can go through stone.

The logical conclusion:
He is out of stone: A gargoyle. A gargoyle who can hide his wings.
(he is an outcast was a Red hering which cause Spires' misbelief)
Cenvil2

Postby Multiuniverse » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:24 pm

I thought gargoyle was just those statue but ok

Multiuniverse

Postby Cenvil2 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:39 pm

Well. Ofc in real life those are just decorations.
But it depends on the universe. Where vampire is a thing a walking stone statue is not a farfetched idea.
Cenvil2

Postby Multiuniverse » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:47 pm

EH

Multiuniverse

Postby DJVoxel » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:53 am

Wait, is this finished or not?
Discord ID: DJVoxel#2226
DJVoxel
Janitor
Janitor

Postby Cenvil2 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:05 am

It is over.
I am planning add one more Note about Gida, Spires the lizardman and the forest (and answering any other upcoming questions) but I doubt there will be any gameplay here anymore.
Cenvil2

Previous

Return to Completed/Abandoned Games