The Wild Oasis

A place for old, unplayed, and completed games go to lie.

The Wild Oasis

Postby SkyW » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:37 pm

The Wild Oasis

If the Frontier was so good why wasn't there a Frontier 2 with magic and space tech for no reason? Wait.

The Mechanics

Spoiler: Realism: To help people with immersion, the world is made to feel realistic and natural. A character can only do what a person could realistically accomplish, and everything works the same way it does, to a certain extent, as it does in the real world. NPC's and wildlife will act like they would. Any action you want processed or question you have should be DM'd to the host for an answer.

Modes: When in certain situations like Combat, Traveling, Cooking, or Blowing up fish one at a time, then time will accelerate/decelerate so that decisions can be made at the appropriate intervals. Objects will also be highlighted/ignored accordingly to what's important, but you may request that nothing is highlighted/ignored (although this feature is purely to help, it won't screw you over.)

Reputation: Public actions performed by the PC will determine how NPC's will react if they recognize the PC. Repeatedly doing things that are considered lawful and justice bringing, will make people see you like a sheriff. It's also possible that certain stories or things about you are conflated, the people only know what other people told them. For instance, if you tend to cook for people instead of ordering a restaurant, you'll be known as a cook.

Skills: When something is determined by RNG, that means it's tied to a skill such as, but not limited too: aim, fishing, strength, and taming. By practicing those skills, the character will slowly have better and better chances during RNG related to each skill. Eventually RNG may only come into effect is you want to use the skill in a specific way.

Missions: On occasion you'll run into situations that extend greatly, into miniature stories of their own, little tales along your journey. These will be recorded, and you can check where you are in them at anytime. Completing them will typically result in a large change in reputation and a skill upgrade for something related to the quest.

The Frontier Style

Spoiler: Society has significantly regressed back to an 1800's style of life, and in the play area it's reminiscent of America during that time, a majority of explorable area being completely untamed. Outlaws, gangs, sheriffs, bounty hunters, roamers, gold rushers, and all other sorts of brave souls will dare to venture off from town's. Towns, boats, and tracks were all made from blood, sweat, tears, wood, stone, metal, and effort. Everything's off the land, and the people all are just trying to have a nice meal at the end of the day. When your playing the game the best way to think of it all, is just as if you're a frontiersmen, and the whole damn world still needs to become civilized.

The Environment

Spoiler: The climate is almost identical to real life earth's, the specific play area being somewhere along 30 degrees north. It's closed off by low mountain range circling the whole area. The land itself is made up of low hills going on for miles, so subtle it takes a river to see them, and plateaus that crop out of the ground to make walls. Every plateau is carved up, caved in, and disformed so much they become almost as wild as the planet's life. Every creature, critter, blade, and leaf of earth's been fused with the natural Oasis life, creating an assortment of fauna and flora that looks an awful lot like God redid all of them. Lush forests, open plains, bogs, rivers, and woods dominate the biome make up, and don't mind being on fertile hills or rocky plateau's.

The New Arcane

Spoiler: In the morning dew drops will reflect light from the sun, that hasn't actually risen yet. Fog will roll in frequently to rest at people's feet, where it's disturbed it'll move away and leave a faint blue glow at the edge. All sorts of little phenomena are present, and collecting whatever's having a strange effect in an airtight place will capture the magic itself. Magic in a bottle can be combined with items to give them peculiar effects, or if spilled out in large quantities can effect the area there. Properly using it is an exact science, and is mostly used to improve conditions.

The Old Technology

Spoiler: Ancient remnants of the space age that brought life to Oasis can be found in the hands of the few. It's rarity and incredible uses make the mechanisms worth more than some will make in their lives. Outlaws and gang leaders want it to boost their unlawful work, sheriffs and coppers want it to keep the spirit of law, and the rich want it for power. The technology is all very early space age, including things like composition scanners, immensely powerful rail-guns, artificial gravity generators, and hover-packs. The reason these inventions don't effect life all that much is because they're so few and far between, hard to power without a tom of magic, or have parts that simply can't be maintained too well without never using them.

The Lore

Spoiler: The whole lore for the planet Oasis will not be revealed. Even the people, the humans, who now inhabit the planet struggle with trying to find this out. Currently human society is stuck in an everlasting frontier age, such a small population and so much land to inhabit. Ancient technology is used as inspiration for modern inventions, and magic for a source of energy. A population of 21 million people inhabit the planet, with the play area being a small fragment of that.

And you know one last thing

Spoiler: You probably, if you bothered to read this, are interested in playing this piece of horseshit. I don't know why, this entire post was originally just ramblings about how cool frontier people with magic and cool tech would be, and then went over it and made it look somewhat professional. To join all you need to do is join Games Hub and DM that Fine Person of the Female Variety everyone calls "Jerry", whos discord username is Sir Jindian#6318 and my nickname is Jason SBP Scott. I'll handle everything from there.

TL;DR Pioneers + 2 other genres.
Professional ??? Rambler (average NYC subway rider)

There is a frog outside go check it out please it's such a cool frog
SkyW
Jester
Jester

Location: West Philadelphia born and raised On the playground was where I spent most of my days Chillin' out

Re: The Wild Oasis

Postby SkyW » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:37 pm

Reserved

I mean

You mom gay

SkyW
Jester
Jester

Location: West Philadelphia born and raised On the playground was where I spent most of my days Chillin' out

Postby timurtheking » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:12 am

Ok
Check out my ideas:
The Philosophers (New Faction)
Witch Change/buff

Just remembering the good times when this forum was alive :))

Best known for; hosting The Room FG series and being the Right Hand of Game's Hub
timurtheking
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby TheNightmareFox » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:10 pm

No u
Man I can't come up with anything good to put here
TheNightmareFox
Civilian
Civilian

Postby SkyW » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:58 pm

Thanks to all who DM'd me over discord and joined the game. Because I'm not too great at hosting large amounts of people, I'll only be taking on a random selection of four people. This will be "Group One."

Group One

Tezzy!
Spoiler: Ezekeia "Zeke" Trench
Appearance: A bit tall (6'4") and has some muscle build on his arms. Nothing uncommon about him. Usually wears a plain silver ring on a chain round his neck (family heirloom). A plain tan button up shirt, gray pants, a pair of his fathers boots, often times a pair of gloves are in the back pocket, make up his attire.
Backstory
Zeke was the son of one of the many railroad workers building the Basher Co. Line from one coast to the other. He grew up in the workers camps as his mother traveled with her husband.
The work was grueling, but the pay was decent enough for the small family. Zeke was able to attend the school that the mother's and elders held in the railroad camps.
Zeke took his first employment by his father's side under the Basher Co. Line. After the line was completed, Zeke left home pursuing a new employment. His father and mother bought a small farm are are living a few (states, provinces, territories?) over.

Fox!
Spoiler: Phillip Johnson
Born and raised here in the oasis
Age 27
Looks:
Looks like a steriotypical cowboy

Sushi!
Spoiler: Character Name: Charlotte Dustin-Krupinsky
Appearance: long, unruly red hair; light freckles around her nose; narrow blue-gray eyes. Tallish (5'8" or so) and slender, small chest, somewhat wider hips.
Backstory: the third child (of six total) and only daughter of a carpenter. (There are carpenters, right?) Her family isn't really rich or poor.

Shadow!
Spoiler: Leeroy Jinkies - A Small time farmer assistant, Leeroy always dreamed of being a rowdy cowboy, but never taking the step for it before. 16 - a lanky boy wearing oversized clothes

The game will probably take place for a while, being hosted over weekends and stuff.

SkyW
Jester
Jester

Return to Completed/Abandoned Games