The Silver Hand (The Castle)

A place for old, unplayed, and completed games go to lie.

The Silver Hand (The Castle)

Postby VucubCaquix » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:27 pm

My dear friend,

I admire you. Although we’ve never met, I’ve been watching you from a distance for a long time. You have talent. Ambition. My agents send me reports on your doings, and I read them with glee.

I am extremely pleased to announce that I have an opportunity for you. And a very lucrative one at that.

After many years of pleading with powerful but ignorant people, I have finally been given permission to create my new organization, which I call the “Silver Hand”. The goals of this organization are simple: to hunt down enemies of the kingdom whom prove too elusive for the constantly inept city guards.

You have a gift which I believe could make you a valuable member of this organization. The Queen is offering large sums of gold for bounties on certain ‘difficult’ criminals. This first assignment is of particular importance to her majesty. Those of you up to date with gossip may already know about it.

Many of you lack profitable employment. Some of you lack ‘legal’ employment. I now offer you both.

If you find these terms reasonable, I have enclosed detailed directions to a location in the outskirts of Cyfoeth. You will meet me there at sunrise on the seventh of May. Enclosed also is payment for transportation. Some of you are quite far away, but that should not be an issue.

If you feel uninterested in my offer, I will remind you that I hold a certain level of influence which extends far beyond the kingdom of Ilygredd. That, and I know about all of your secrets. Whatever you have, I can take away. But I would prefer not to go in that direction. We could all become great acquaintances one day.

Yours Truly, Lord Harrington

General:

1. This is an RPG! However this is a moderated RPG, not a free role play.
2. You will have an assigned goal. For this particular game, you should attempt to complete that goal. However, you can do whatever you want on the side, and explore the area as you like.
3. You can do pretty much any action you want as long as it fits within ToS forum rules. This game could get violent, but any nsfw things should be avoided (or implied)
4. In combat, every player is expected to give input at once. There is no set turn order, as that would take a while with a forum. If a player fails to act within 24 hours though, they won’t do anything. If a combat situation is not particularly dangerous I may skip people earlier.
5. You should stay in character! If you want to say something out of character, use ( )s.
6. Actions should be done in the standard format of /do thing. Bold is preferred, but if you're on mobile don't worry too much about it.
7. You can use italics and underlines however you like, try to be consistent though.
8. We’re staying in thread for this particular game. Might be open to PM shenanigans if this goes well. If you split up a bit that’s fine, but everything will stay in thread for now.
9. Although I’ve planned out the area quite a bit, you’re free to make up lore as well. A country you came from perhaps. An organization you belong to. As long as it makes sense within the context of the world. Whatever comes up in conversation.
10. Should your character die you will be able to create a new one in the event that a second scenario happens. So hopefully.

Basic Lore (to be expanded upon):
This is a medieval fantasy world. Humans dominate the majority of the known world, although other intelligent beings exist. This knowledge is not widely known. Magic is not widespread either, although some rare people have unnatural powers. Many strange creatures exist within the world. The kingdom of Ilygredd is fairly powerful, and currently ruled by a queen who has a poor reputation. Although not currently at war, it has several neighboring historical enemies, and tensions are always high.

Mechanics:

This game will use a system which takes some elements from the Fate RPG system. However, I’ve changed a lot of things to make it really simple so it works in a forum format. So if you're familiar with how Fate works just try to ignore the fact that I've bastardized the entire concept.

You can familiarize yourself with the mechanics below, or just ignore them entirely. The quote about approaches is pretty much all you need to know, and that's just for creating a character. You can do pretty much anything you want in this game (unless it violates ToS forum rules). Knowing all of this isn’t really necessary to play the game, you should be fine as long as your actions make some logical sense. I will try to post combat rolls in spoilers, but might not post other rolls.

I really haven’t used anything like this before so I’m probably going to figure things out as I go a bit, but I’ll try to keep things fair.

Spoiler: Approaches:
Each character has 6 “approaches”. Which approach gets used depends on the action you are attempting to carry out. You may state which approach you intend to use, although for the most part I’ll be deciding based on which seems most likely based on what you’re trying to do. If you say “sneakily lift this piano and throw it at everyone” I’m just going to override that.

These will decide your base for dice rolls.

Careful: A Careful action is when you pay close attention to detail and take your time to do the job right. Lining up a long-range arrow shot. Attentively standing watch. Disarming a bank’s alarm system.
Clever: A Clever action requires that you think fast, solve problems, or account for complex variables. Finding the weakness in an enemy swordsman’s style. Finding the weak point in a fortress wall. Fixing a computer.
Flashy: A Flashy action draws attention to you; it’s full of style and panache. Delivering an inspiring speech to your army. Embarrassing your opponent in a duel. Producing a magical fireworks display.
Forceful: A Forceful action isn’t subtle—it’s brute strength. Wrestling a bear. Staring down a thug. Casting a big, powerful magic spell.
Quick: A Quick action requires that you move quickly and with dexterity. Dodging an arrow. Getting in the first punch. Disarming a bomb as it ticks 3… 2… 1…
Sneaky: A Sneaky action is done with an emphasis on misdirection, stealth, or deceit. Talking your way out of getting arrested. Picking a pocket. Feinting in a sword fight.

You must choose 1 approach which you are good at (+3 to rolls)
2 which you are fair at (+2)
2 which you are average at (+1)
and 1 which you are mediocre at (+0)

In addition you could receive bonuses or penalties to rolls based on your current situation. For instance, if you were tired from not sleeping you could suffer a penalty in combat. Maybe there’s fog in the area so you can sneak more easily. If you come up with a really good idea I might reward that with a bonus as well. Generally consider what you think would work in real life

Rolls:
You will roll 4 dice. Each die has 2 plus sides, 2 minus sides, and 2 blanks. The total of these dies will be added to your approach level. Your opponents might roll dice, or they might just have a static number, depending on the situation. For an example, if you are arm wrestling someone. If your total (approach+roll) is higher than them, your action succeeds (you push their arm a bit). If it is the same, you tie (neither of you is able to move). If it is less, you fail (they push your arm a bit). If it is 3 or greater, you succeed with style (you smash their arm into the table, breaking it in half).

Rolls are also used for any situation which could be challenging for players. Walking around does not merit any rolling. Trying to smash a cement brick in half with your head does. Trying to charm someone for information will probably use a roll, but casually talking to someone probably won't.

Taking damage
In dangerous situations such as combat, you can lose hit points. You will lose 1 HP for every point greater than you an opponent rolls. If you aren’t using a defensive action, you’ll have a defense of 0 (+4d roll) naturally (unless modified by armor or something else like that).

You have 5 hit points. If you lose all 5, don’t worry, it doesn’t mean you necessarily die. The first 2 times you run out of hit points, you will be wounded. The first time it will be something relatively mild, while the second will be more severe. The third time you run out, you will be killed. Hit points regenerate as long as you have time to rest between combat events.

Note that you this doesn’t prevent you from instantly dying if you do something really stupid.

If a player dies from combat with an enemy NPC, all players will gain a vengeance bonus of +1 to every roll temporarily.

Combat does not have any set turn order. When combat happens, all players will have a chance to act at once. Your opponents will also be acting at the same time, so pay attention to what they seem to be doing! You can be defensive or offensive at any given moment. Or you could just run. The possibilities are endless. Although pay attention to where you are in relation to others. If you try to punch someone who is in another room, it’ll take you a bit to get there.

NPC interactions
During the game you’ll meet different NPCs. You can kill NPCs if you like, but it might help to interact with them in other ways as well. Conversation can use dice as well…

NPCs will have a default state. They could start off really helpful, so there’s no real challenge or need to roll. Or they could be very unhelpful. If they are, you could try to make them more helpful. Different approaches might work more or less effectively with certain NPCs.

Failed approaches will make it harder for you to get what you want out of NPCs, as they will become hostile. On the other hand, if an NPC becomes talkative, they will likely stay that way unless you really upset them.

Character creation (all characters are human, and none have any supernatural ability as of yet):

Name:
Appearance:
Trouble (some aspect of your character which could cause problems. An old enemy from your past... a dark secret... an extreme phobia... any negative trait):
Prized possession (something fun or intriguing. Should not be a weapon or useful tool. You'll get weapons, don't worry this isn't Tarot)
Approaches (see quoted section in mechanics):
Careful, Clever, Flashy, Forceful, Quick, Sneaky
Pick 1 you are good at (+3):
2 which you are fair at (+2):
2 which you are average at (+1):
1 which you are mediocre at (0):

Backstory is not included. You are encouraged to talk about your backstory as the story progresses!

Example approaches
Good: Careful
Fair: Flashy, Forceful
Average: Quick, Sneaky
Mediocre: Clever

I'll accept a maximum of 8 for now. May be open to more in the future if this fills up. Feel free to /join to get a spot and then work on your character later. Backups are always good to have as well.

Current cast:
Jalandh as Henrik
greenrabbit7 as Morgan
Multiuniverse as Sliphy
Timurtheking as Will
DJVoxel as Harold
Kirigiriii as Xander
Chemist as Leo
Superweegee as Beneger

Backups:
None, PM me if you want to join. There's a good chance you'll be able to.
Last edited by VucubCaquix on Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:51 am, edited 13 times in total.
Coming 2020 - Who is The Mole?
VucubCaquix
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Re: The Silver Hand (Signups)

Player characters:

Ivor (bluedetroyer)
Spoiler: Appearance: 5 ft 8 in, pale skin, dirty blond hair, blue eyes, and short hair.

Trouble: Has a tendency to keep to many secrets, won't necessarily keep it hidden if asked, but won't volunteer information.

Prized Possession: A wooded wolf figure

Good (+3): Careful
Fair (+2): Sneaky and Quick
Average (+1) Clever and Forceful
Mediocre (0) Flashy

Morgan Daxter (greenrabbit7)
Spoiler: Appearance: She has a robe with many colors, patchwork, and it is made of silk. Her face is dirty and grey, as is the rest of her body, her eyes an icy blue. Her hair is long, brown, and strawlike. Although not a part of her personality, she is very prone to ranting and it is the main thing people think of when they see her.

Trouble: She lost her mind a long time ago after she stole and read private documents she wasn’t meant to see, and grew wild after seeing it.

Prized possession: A locked box (Host will be pmed what is inside) she does not have the key.

Approaches:
Good (+3): Flashy
Fair (+2): Sneaky, Clever
Average (+1): Forceful, Quick
Mediocre (0): Careful

Sliphy Garland (Multiuniverse)
Spoiler: Appearance: A middle aged tall male of average built, Sliphy usually wears a brown leather cloak and a brown fedora which shows signs of age and wear. He also wears a pair of leather gloves and matching leather boots. His prized silver whistle hangs from his neck under his cloak. He also has grey-black hair and goatee. His leather clothings also have scratch marks on them which is seen upon closer inspection.

Trouble: Paranoia; doesn't trust anyone

Prized possession: A silver whistle with a stylish "G" engraved on it

Good (+3): Clever
Fair (+2): Sneaky, Careful
Average (+1): Forceful, Quick
Mediocre (0): Flashy

Leo Silver (Chemist)
Spoiler: Appearance: Short with curly black hair and brown eyes, probably about 16-17
Trouble: Obnoxiously independent, hates relying on others
Prized possession: Green bandanna.

Good (+3): Quick
Fair (+2): Careful, Clever
Average (+1): Flashy, Forceful
Mediocre (0): Sneaky

Beneger Albertini (Superweegee)
Spoiler: Appearance: He has closely shaved black hair, a small nose, a round chin, blue eyes, and usually wears simple clothes.
Trouble: He can act before thinking, which can lead to misunderstandings, unnecessary situations, etc.
Prized possession: A family picture and a ring with an A on it, given to him by his parents. Touch them, and you will get hurt.

Good (+3): Quick
Fair (+2): Forceful, Clever
Average (+1): Careful, Sneaky
Mediocre (0): Flashy

Inventory:
Sliphy: Bag, length of rope, bear trap, shovel, branch, worm paste, bag of needles, poison vial, checkers board, bow, arrows(9), honeycomb, fishing rod, 4 coins, grappling hook.
Leo: Bag, set of throwing daggers, branch
Morgan: Quarterstaff, caterpillar egg, mysterious orb, pot of soup, soup cup, soup spoon, pickled turnips, fishing rod, axe.
Beneger: Bag, dagger, rope
Ivor: Bag

Known NPCs:
Lord Harrington: Employer. Seems very rich, and knows your secrets(?) Travels with a servant.
Elias: Current target. Illegitimate son of the former king. Traveling with advisors and knights.
Sir Fairfax: Knight, said to be traveling with Elias. Has a reputation as a good fighter.
Elias' companions: Two other swordsmen, a crossbow woman, and someone wearing a red mask. Told about by guards.
Queen: Current monarch of the kingdom. Hasn't been met. Name not mentioned.
Guards: Three of them, seem to be guarding a bridge in the swamp. Traded soup for a centipede that Henrik had.
Old man: An old man. Had a mysterious orb, and lived with a bunch of caterpillars. Killed by Morgan.
Undead: 2 undead creatures, killed by Sliphy and Leo.
Inn workers: A man and woman, seen wearing a uniform with a mayfly on it. Also one large guy named Ragnar, who died before the group met him.
Gang: Five of them. A crazy lady with some sort of poison needles, a red caped man with a sword, an archer named Zhar, a very large tattooed man, and a crazy guy with knives for hands.
Silas: Last remaining member of the gang. Wears a red cape. Is now a "pet" of Morgan.
Count Burgundy: Lives in a castle. Seems well known in the swamp.
Worm: Giant worm. Scared off by the group.
Willow: Herbalist of village. Very old gray haired woman.
Hobbes: Merchant of village.
Reed: Carpenter of village. Seems quiet.
Mayor: Mayor of village. Thinks there's someone spying for the Count.
Aria: Woman who owns the boat of the village. Got into a knife fight with Beneger.
Alnus: Guard of village. Likes sleeping. Has bow and arrows.
Wren: Other guard of village. Has a club.
Olaf: Blacksmith of village.

Locations:
Blacksmith shop: Where you first met.
Great northern swamp lands: A large swamp region. Suspected location of Elias.
Shelter: A shelter on the right trail. Seems to have a centipede problem.
Bridge: A bridge on the left trail. Some guards are camped there.
Caverns: A cavern on the left trail. A place where the guards suggested the group could get glowing worms.
The Mayfly: An inn within the swamp. A gang of 5 people tried to take over this place.
Corwen: A small village. Bordering a slow moving river. Current location.
Corwen Locations: Blacksmith, Carpenter, Town Hall, Jail, Unoccupied Hut, Docks, Store, Herbalist, Other huts
Castle: Mentioned several times. Home of Count Burgundy.
Ferndale: Another village. Seems to have a dungeon.

Game History:
Spoiler: The group met at a blacksmith shop, where they were told to gather weapons and supplies. They then met Lord Harrington in his carriage, where he told them about their first target, Elias. They were instructed to capture him alive if possible. The group arrives at the edge of the swamp lands...

A fast moving stream blocked the group's path to the swamp. Morgan tried to run across the stream, and had to be helped back by Henrik. Most of the group crossed by jumping across some rocks. Henrik tried to cross by long jumping across a bridge, and almost succeeded. Will fell into the stream as well, but made it across, a bit wet. During this time, Aneverd threw red liquid from a bottle he found into the eyes of the servant, blinding him temporarily. Aneverd then tried to steal a horse from the carriage, but was discouraged by Gabriella and Madame O'Bergly.

One half of the group consisting of Leo, Sliphy, Gabriella, and Will headed down the left path on the trail. They saw a group of guards in the distance, and Sliphy snuck up to spy on them. Sliphy heard from the guards that they saw an old man pass by. Will then asked the guards if they had information about Elias and Sir Fairfax. The youngest guard wasn't willing to part with that information for free, to Will offered to complete a favor for him. Will and the group headed into a cavern to retrieve glowing worms which the guards said were medicinal

This group journeyed to the cave. Sliphy and Leo entered a hole in the cave while Will stayed behind. Gabriella wandered off during this time. Sliphy and Leo found 2 undead beings in the cave, and killed both of them. Then they found the medicinal worms, which Sliphy mashed up. The two of them found different ways back out of the cave...

Meanwhile, Henrik found a shelter on the right trail. Curious, he disturbed the shelter by kicking a rock inside. This sent a group of five centipedes chasing after him! Henrik sprinted back to the stream, where he and Morgan fought the centipedes, killing four of them and knocking out the last one. Morgan got muddy trying to ride on top of one of the centipedes. Henrik took the knocked out centipede and went with Morgan to investigate the hut. Inside they found an old man covered in centipedes. Morgan stole a mysterious old from the man and then cut him open with Henrik's claymore. Then they headed back to the left trail. Morgan and Henrik bargained with the guards, trading the knocked out centipede for a pot of really bad soup.

Sliphy, Will, and Leo returned to the campfire. They gave the guards the medicinal paste in exchange for information. The guards told them that the group they were looking for came by, heading in the direction of the Mayfly Inn. Six of them in the group, including the target, a large knight, two swordsmen, a woman with a crossbow, and a strange person wearing a red mask. The group journeyed to the inn. At the inn, the group found a lady who seemed to be a worker at the inn. She had needles in her face, which caused bloating and lethargy. Sliphy helped her out with some medicinal paste, and the rest of the group entered the inn to get help. They found a gang of five people there, including a woman with needles and a bottle of poison. The group also met Xander, Harold, and Beneger. Beneger helped the bartender get out of the bar safely, and agreed to help fight off the gang with Sliphy. However, Harold started a fight before they could execute a plan, smashing the head in of the crazy lady. Will, Sliphy, Leo, and Beneger joined the fight to help, but Xander left for his room in the inn. Later, Morgan and Henrik arrived at the inn and joined in. The group killed all but the red caped man in the fight, though Harold was injured.

The group interrogated the man, who they learned was named Silas. He told them about a castle which had a secret entrance, known to a carpenter living in a village to the north. Morgan crushed his head with her foot until he agreed to be her pet. Sliphy and Harold returned the corpse to the innkeepers, who later came back to the inn. Xander wandered off to look for rocks. Some of the group left for the north. They encountered a giant worm, which they scared away without injury. The group continued to the north, reaching a small village.

The group met a guard at the village entrance who told them they could sleep in an unoccupied hut. Everyone except Morgan slept. In the morning, Morgan went to visit the herbalist. The two talked and became close, and she healed Henrik's wounds from previous fights. Morgan captured a frog for her. Meanwhile, Beneger tried to steal a fishing pole, but got caught. After losing a knife fight, he was taken to prison, where he annoyed the guard by banging on his cell door with a bucket. Sliphy went to meet with the mayor, and was later joined by Henrik and Silas. He was informed that the mayor suspects someone in the village is a spy for Count Burgundy. The three continued to the store, where they began bartering for items. Henrik purchased a mysterious orb on a necklace, while Sliphy traded in a jar of honey for some writing supplies.

Beneger was put on trial for theft and assault. The court found him guilty, and sentenced him to a stay in Ferndale prison. Two guards accompanied Beneger along the trail to the east. Along the way, Beneger managed to escape. Later on, Alnus returned to the village.

Sliphy investigated the village, questioning several people. He learned that someone had taken the boat out during the night before the night the group arrived. Upon inspecting the town's boat, he found a piece of fine purple silk. Sliphy then decided to start searching the houses of suspects...

Morgan chopped up some firewood in order to trade for a fishing pole. Then she asked Sliphy for his writing supplies and took them to Willow, asking Silas to help her write down some of her wisdom.

Sliphy and Beneger searched the town for clues. They found a strange drawing of a castle in the carpenter's house. They also found an implicating letter in Alnus' house. Alnus was taken to the mayor's office to be questioned. Sliphy interrogated Alnus until he admitted to both spying for the Count, and taking a boat of travelers across the river to him.

Wren returned to the village severely wounded, with several arrows in him. He was taken to the herbalist's house for treatment, while Beneger investigated the eastern trail.

Main Goal(s):
-Capture and bring back Elias

Secondary Goal(s):
-Gather glowing worms for the guards stationed on the left trail (complete)
-Defeat the gang in the inn (complete)
-Get some bee honey for trade (complete)
-Investigate suspicious circumstances around town (complete)
Last edited by VucubCaquix on Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:26 pm, edited 20 times in total.
VucubCaquix
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Maps and other images

Day One:
Spoiler:

Village:
Spoiler:
Last edited by VucubCaquix on Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VucubCaquix
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby Jalandh » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:39 pm

Name: Henrik Libidine
Appearance: Tall male with a charming smile and an eye that twinkles mischievously
Trouble (some aspect of your character which could cause problems. An old enemy from your past... a dark secret... an extreme phobia... any negative trait): sucker for a pretty face
Prized possession (something fun or intriguing. Should not be a weapon or useful tool. You'll get weapons, don't worry this isn't Tarot) Fake signet ring from a made up Noble family noone has heard of
Pick 1 you are good at (+3): Flashy
2 which you are fair at (+2): Forceful, Quick
2 which you are average at (+1): Careful, Sneaky
1 which you are mediocre at (0): Clever
Use your full power. Take out your soul weapon, and do your best. Otherwise...

You'll die.
Jalandh
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Re: The Silver Hand (Signups 1/8)

Postby greenrabbit7 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:57 pm

Name: Morgan Daxter
Appearance: She has a robe with many colors, patchwork, and it is made of silk. Her face is dirty and grey, as is the rest of her body, her eyes an icy blue. Her hair is long, brown, and strawlike. Although not a part of her personality, she is very prone to ranting and it is the main thing people think of when they see her.
Trouble: She lost her mind a long time ago after she stole and read private documents she wasn’t meant to see, and grew wild after seeing it.
Prized possession: A locked box (Host will be pmed what is inside) she does not have the key.
Approaches:
Flashy +3
Sneaky +2
Clever +2
Forceful +1
Quick +1
Careful +0
Last edited by greenrabbit7 on Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
greenrabbit7
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Re: The Silver Hand (Signups 1/8)

Postby greenrabbit7 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:00 pm

I just realized mine are IDENTICAL to another dude’s. Let me change one or two of them.
greenrabbit7
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Re: The Silver Hand (Signups 2/8)

Postby Jalandh » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:29 pm

Lmfao nah, it's ok, we can be flashy together xD

You'll die.
Jalandh
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby greenrabbit7 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:32 pm

Tbh the only others I can think of are intelligent and sneaky, but I think flashy really fits her. I don’t know how I feel about my major thing being the same even if ur cool with it ;-;
greenrabbit7
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby VucubCaquix » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:33 pm

There's gonna be hopefully 8 of you so some people will match in some approaches
VucubCaquix
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby Jalandh » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:34 pm

greenrabbit7 wrote:Tbh the only others I can think of are intelligent and sneaky, but I think flashy really fits her. I don’t know how I feel about my major thing being the same even if ur cool with it ;-;

If you wish, I have no problem changing mine a bit if you want this set up. I was embracing the "Noble" side of my character but I can always go for the other side of him if you would rather stick to your character

You'll die.
Jalandh
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby greenrabbit7 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:35 pm

Yeah, but I think we should have more different majors. I’m gonna change it to intelligent.
greenrabbit7
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby greenrabbit7 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:35 pm

Jalandh wrote:
greenrabbit7 wrote:Tbh the only others I can think of are intelligent and sneaky, but I think flashy really fits her. I don’t know how I feel about my major thing being the same even if ur cool with it ;-;

If you wish, I have no problem changing mine a bit if you want this set up. I was embracing the "Noble" side of my character but I can always go for the other side of him if you would rather stick to your character

Nah, mine is still a crazy lady but she also knows some things. I can just make it mechanical intelligence and in character flashiness.
greenrabbit7
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Jalandh » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:37 pm

I'm curious what our goals are gonna be

You'll die.
Jalandh
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby greenrabbit7 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:38 pm

I’m curious what the host’s justification for this dude sending this letter to a mentally-ill woman is gonna be.
greenrabbit7
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby greenrabbit7 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:34 am

I've given it some thought, and tbh I don't think it matters if two characters are flashy. Even if every other person is flashy, oh well, it's a common theme the host can do. My character is mentally ill and it doesn't make sense for her to be intelligent, she certainly was in the past but is no longer intelligent and rants conspiracy theories in the town square. She might be able to show some aspects, but it is far from her most standoffish quality. While she used to be stealthy, she stopped practicing after she stole those papers and is rusty. As such I am going to change it back to flashy. I apologize for my constant changing, and ensure this will be the last.
greenrabbit7
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Multiuniverse » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:18 am

Name: Sliphy Garland

Appearance: A middle aged tall male of average built, Sliphy usually wears a brown leather cloak and a brown fedora which shows signs of age and wear. He also wears a pair of leather gloves and matching leather boots. His prized silver whistle hangs from his neck under his cloak. He also has grey-black hair and goatee. His leather clothings also have scratch marks on them which is seen upon closer inspection.

Trouble (some aspect of your character which could cause problems. An old enemy from your past... a dark secret... an extreme phobia... any negative trait): Paranoia; doesn't trust anyone

Prized possession (something fun or intriguing. Should not be a weapon or useful tool. You'll get weapons, don't worry this isn't Tarot): A silver whistle with a stylish "G" engraved on it

Pick 1 you are good at (+3): Clever
2 which you are fair at (+2): Sneaky, Careful
2 which you are average at (+1): Forceful, Quick
1 which you are mediocre at (0): Flashy

Tfw you were gonna do +3 flashy but the other 2 already did that so it'd just be a waste

Thanks parker for the gif and SuperDuper for suggesting rotational sig
Multiuniverse
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner

Postby greenrabbit7 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:20 am

Multiuniverse wrote: a brown fedora

M'lady
greenrabbit7
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby timurtheking » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:35 am

Name: Will Smith
Appearance: fresh prince of bel-air
Trouble (some aspect of your character which could cause problems. An old enemy from your past... a dark secret... an extreme phobia... any negative trait): used to be associated with the mafia but then killed their old boss because of an arguement and was kicked out yadayada
Prized possession (something fun or intriguing. Should not be a weapon or useful tool. You'll get weapons, don't worry this isn't Tarot): a basketball
Pick 1 you are good at (+3): Clever
2 which you are fair at (+2): Forceful and Quick
2 which you are average at (+1): Careful and Sneaky
1 which you are mediocre at (0): Flashy
Check out my ideas:
The Philosophers (New Faction)
Witch Change/buff

Just remembering the good times when this forum was alive :))

Best known for; hosting The Room FG series and being the Right Hand of Game's Hub
timurtheking
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby QnSb » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:57 am

Name: Gabriella
Appearance: Black hair, green eyes, often wearing a gray hood and a gray mask that covers most of her face.
Trouble: Whatever she does, she probably does it only for her own benefit.
Prized possession: Her lucky necklace, a silver necklace with an emerald in it. She stole it to prove her abilities as a thief and thus be recruited into an organization a long time ago.
Approaches:
Good: Sneaky
Fair: Quick, Clever
Average: Flashy, Careful
Mediocre: Forceful
Click this 'cause I'm unoriginal!
She/her pronouns please
QnSb
Jester
Jester

Postby Chemist1422 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:25 am

/in, will fill out once off mobile
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby KingoftheRocks » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:58 am

Name: Madame O'Bergly
Appearance: A tall, redheaded woman. Wears dark green clothing constantly. Has her hair done up as two seperate ponytails. Freckles.
Trouble: Very 'righteous', and 'never lets evil have its way'… even if retreating is the better option.
Prized possession: A small, handheld mechanical catapult, that if used in combat will mildly hurls small pebbles, making it absolutely useless.
Approaches:
Pick 1 you are good at (+3): Forceful
2 which you are fair at (+2): Clever, Quick
2 which you are average at (+1): Sneaky, Flashy
1 which you are mediocre at (0): Careful
Last edited by KingoftheRocks on Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
KingoftheRocks wrote:also of course my combat trial
would end up f***ing a fire slime and become a half reptile
and being won
by giving a slime couple relationship counseling

*click this spoiler for my sig.

Spoiler: Image

KingoftheRocks
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Re: The Silver Hand (Signups 7/8)

Postby Multiuniverse » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:35 am

@Vucub Garland not Gardland

Thanks parker for the gif and SuperDuper for suggesting rotational sig
Multiuniverse

Re: The Silver Hand (Signups 7/8)

Postby Cenvil2 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:41 am

/steal that last place while I'm making my character
Cenvil2

Re: The Silver Hand (Backups accepted)

Postby VucubCaquix » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:09 am

We shall begin once everyone has finished their characters.
VucubCaquix
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Re: The Silver Hand (Backups accepted)

Postby Cenvil2 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:10 am

/join as

Name: Aneverd
Appearance:a man in his late-twenties (age 27-29), he wears black most of the time. Black hair, green eye but wears sunglasses most of the time. shorter than average.
Trouble(s):-kleptomaniac, claustrophobia
Prized possession (something fun or intriguing. Should not be a weapon or useful tool. You'll get weapons, don't worry this isn't Tarot) a deck of tarot cards :P
A quick lore about the deck: It was the first item he stole in his life. He saw fortune-tellers using this kind of cards and one time when he saw in a shop that it has the same faces he felt the need to steal it. Although he was caught red-handed the first time the second time in an other shop he was quicker and run away before they could catch him.
1 which you are good at (+3): Quick
2 which you are fair at (+2): Sneaky, forceful
2 which you are average at (+1): careful, clever
1 which you are mediocre at (0): flashy
Cenvil2

Next

Return to Completed/Abandoned Games