Forum Survivor: Halloween (and the winner is......)

A place for old, unplayed, and completed games go to lie.

Re: Forum Survivor: Halloween (Final Four)

Postby TheNightmareFox » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:28 pm

alright
well heres are the four challenges
name the tribe....again
name the final three tribe
right
second is 20 questions
DM me the questions and il give the win to whoever gets it in the least amount
third is art challenge
you are to draw...me
and fourth is writing challenge
write a short scary thanksgiving story
Man I can't come up with anything good to put here
TheNightmareFox
Civilian
Civilian

Postby TheNightmareFox » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:54 pm

The challenge ended in a very spectacular way
The art challenge
The winner is......
Spoiler: fish and sphaghett
With a Tie

The winner of the name contest is.....
Spoiler: Timur

And the winner of the story contest is.....
Spoiler: mushroom

And finally
Winner of twenty questions
And of this challenge is.....
Spoiler: Timur
You are garenteed final three
Its time to vote out the one who wont make it
TheNightmareFox
Civilian
Civilian

Postby TheNightmareFox » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:38 pm

The first vote
Spoiler: mushroom

The second vote
Spoiler: fish

The third vote

The final vote
Is......
We Are at the final three
The three left
Post why the jury should vote for you
Jury ask away with your questions
It has begun
TheNightmareFox
Civilian
Civilian

Postby greenrabbit7 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:43 pm

Timuru.
Spoiler: Why should I vote you?

Mushroom.
Spoiler: What was your plan this game?

Super.
Spoiler: Were you silent, or were you actually doing things?
greenrabbit7
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby mdb1023 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:58 pm

Finally! I've been ready to say some stuff for a while now, so here we go! First off, I want you all to know that I am absolutely not salty at all for being voted out, and as of now, my vote is not locked in. I would say that's the case for many jurors as well. A common mistake in this game (both here and on the TV show) is not managing your jury well, so if you want our votes, be sure to give us all what we're looking for. So, I'm going to lay out the following ground rules for my vote:

-I do not want to hear the word "underdog" come out of your mouth once. If you play the underdog card even once, you lose my vote. I don't care about your underdog story, what I care about as a juror is how your social game got you here and why you believe you deserve to win over your opponents.

-Do not doubt yourself. Getting to FTC is not easy at all, so don't say "I really don't know why I'm here," obviously if you made it this far, you did something right, so own it!

-Tell me what moves you made. Big moves are overrated, so tell me what moves you made that you believe were the right moves.

-I don't really care how and if you used an idol to get here.

Timur: This is your second time being a finalist IIRC, so what did you do well here that you didn't do well with in Survivor Fusion? I saw how you played first hand in Fusion, but didn't have that privilege here, so explain why your game here was superior. If you truly believe you should win, then there must be something you did better than in Fusion.

Super: I don't remember you talking to me all that much, so tell me how you used your social bonds in this game to get you this far. Did you talk to everyone besides me, or were you able to get here using only chats with your allies? Additionally, this is also your second time being a finalist, so what have you improved on since losing to Hidden in FS 2.1?

Shadow: I'm not really sure who you are as a player; this is, I believe, your first time playing. Tell me how you wanted to play this going into the game and how you got yourself here.
Discord: Finn#5059

http://www.twitch.tv/mikeakafinn?sr=a

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby marlony1 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:02 pm

greenrabbit7 wrote:Super.
Spoiler: Were you silent, or were you actually doing things?

Spoiler: The thing I did the most in the game was come to you to start an alliance. That lead to a good alliance between us. The good alliance lead to me getting in you and parrots alliance and then being able to get in the big alliance. If I didn't come to you/had conversations with you I'd assume I would be left out of the big alliance due to being "too silent".

Of course there's an issue with whether or not making big game changers of survival is more important. If I wanted to disband the big alliance, what would I gain from it? If I tried to vote out one of the alliance members when it was too big, I would be voted out. If I tried to disband the alliance late in the game for no reason at all, I'd end up like mushroom since it would seem like I forced myself into making useless decisions.
"THE ONE AND ONLY. SPAGOT BOI SUPERDUPER *dAb DaB*"
-Superduper

Choose the character's actions in these fun and simple Arcade games:
Spoiler:
You: W-Where am I?

You wake up in a generic RPG.

Spoiler:
???: How will I get out of these rooms? I-I can't do anything...

SAVE the Red Girl

Spoiler:
But nothing was there...

Taking short break from forums
marlony1
Doctor
Doctor

Postby 0verki11 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:10 pm

Ok, well done for getting so far.
Question to all of you:
How did you get to the final 3?
If you need a replacement for an FM or most Forum games, PM me, and ill see if I can replace in.
If you want my discord PM me.
UTC+13 or something is my timezone.

0verki11
Medium
Medium

Location: Somewhere in NZ trying to get a good internet connection

Postby Kirigirii » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:17 pm

For me, I felt like the strategy I had in mind for dealing with this interesting cast of players at the beginning of this game had been well executed. That strategy was to just make loads of small alliances so that I could work with others and also make it so I wouldn’t become victim to a major rebellion. When I got invited to the mega alliance, which was unexpected, I deliberately didn’t talk much so that I didn’t feel like I was a threat to others.

But what really made me get this far had to be some strategic plays I made. The one in particular was during the elimination where it was a tie between Overkill and I which my vote had saved my life because members of one of the small alliances told me to vote another person instead of Overkill which many of that big alliance was voting. I had a feeling that if I changed my vote then it would endanger one of my close allies or I and so secretly kept it the same which definitely payed off.

Of course, that’s just the reasons that I felt had got me here, I may have just got lucky because I’m a new player here but I hope nobody thinks that way.
Proud creator of Betrayal - The ultimate game of backstabbing. There is no game in progress currently but there will be soon!

Survivor/Big Brother Record:
Survivor: Halloween - 2nd
Survivor: All Stars - 18th
Survivor: Anarchy - 6th
Survivor: World Tour - 9th
Big Brother: The Black Hat - 8th
Survivor: Ragnarok - 8th
Survivor: Champions vs Contenders - 6th
Survivor: Blindside Island - 7th
Kirigirii
Witch
Witch

Postby marlony1 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:17 pm

mdb1023 wrote: Spoiler: Finally! I've been ready to say some stuff for a while now, so here we go! First off, I want you all to know that I am absolutely not salty at all for being voted out, and as of now, my vote is not locked in. I would say that's the case for many jurors as well. A common mistake in this game (both here and on the TV show) is not managing your jury well, so if you want our votes, be sure to give us all what we're looking for. So, I'm going to lay out the following ground rules for my vote:

-I do not want to hear the word "underdog" come out of your mouth once. If you play the underdog card even once, you lose my vote. I don't care about your underdog story, what I care about as a juror is how your social game got you here and why you believe you deserve to win over your opponents.

-Do not doubt yourself. Getting to FTC is not easy at all, so don't say "I really don't know why I'm here," obviously if you made it this far, you did something right, so own it!

-Tell me what moves you made. Big moves are overrated, so tell me what moves you made that you believe were the right moves.

Super: I don't remember you talking to me all that much, so tell me how you used your social bonds in this game to get you this far. Did you talk to everyone besides me, or were you able to get here using only chats with your allies? Additionally, this is also your second time being a finalist, so what have you improved on since losing to Hidden in FS 2.1?

Spoiler: Underdog Honestly just social bonds. The choose your own adventure stuff before the game started and the conversations me and Fish had as a day one alliance was what was able to get into the biggest alliance in the game.

Also as much as being super big with moves and being an alliance disbander every 10 seconds is super cool, it honestly wasn't smart in this type of game. I could've made a super secret alliance with only a couple members from the big alliance to eliminate the rest, but then I would become the leader of the biggest alliance, which would lead to another disband (This time being me who goes home).

If there's a way I improved it would be to choosing the right people to keep in the finale. Hidden was a good teammate, don't get me wrong. But he was also a good strategist. He made about half of the moves and I made about half of the moves in the alliance. So he had just an equal amount of chance as winning as me, while in this final 3 situation, Mushroom didn't do much (imo), I had a bit of a social game, and to be honest I don't know what big moves tim did (besides idol plays).

A failed move I did was trying to ally with Lemon to get info, but Lemon wasn't that talkative so it never really worked out.
Last edited by marlony1 on Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Superduper

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

SAVE the Red Girl

Spoiler:
But nothing was there...

marlony1
Doctor
Doctor

Postby marlony1 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:18 pm

0verki11 wrote:Ok, well done for getting so far.
Question to all of you:

Spoiler: Social game with Fish which lead to the mega alliance.
-Superduper

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

SAVE the Red Girl

Spoiler:
But nothing was there...

marlony1
Doctor
Doctor

Postby mdb1023 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:27 pm

marlony1 wrote:
Question to all of you:

So is what you're saying here that Fish did all the work?

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby marlony1 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:29 pm

mdb1023 wrote:
marlony1 wrote:
Question to all of you:

Spoiler: I would claim we collaborated and shared ideas,
-Superduper

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

SAVE the Red Girl

Spoiler:
But nothing was there...

marlony1
Doctor
Doctor

Postby greenrabbit7 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:30 pm

Super. I'm gonna be honest. I planned on backstabbing you but I realized people were unlikely to vote you; so tell me. Why should we, in the jury, vote you?
greenrabbit7
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby mdb1023 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:33 pm

marlony1 wrote:
mdb1023 wrote:
marlony1 wrote:
Question to all of you:

The problem I'm having with your argument is that you're not talking much about what "you" did, rather what "we" (you and fish) did. I want to know what YOU did.

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Kirigirii » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:40 pm

marlony1 wrote:
mdb1023 wrote: Spoiler: Finally! I've been ready to say some stuff for a while now, so here we go! First off, I want you all to know that I am absolutely not salty at all for being voted out, and as of now, my vote is not locked in. I would say that's the case for many jurors as well. A common mistake in this game (both here and on the TV show) is not managing your jury well, so if you want our votes, be sure to give us all what we're looking for. So, I'm going to lay out the following ground rules for my vote:

Spoiler: Underdog Honestly just social bonds. The choose your own adventure stuff before the game started and the conversations me and Fish had as a day one alliance was what was able to get into the biggest alliance in the game.

Also as much as being super big with moves and being an alliance disbander every 10 seconds is super cool, it honestly wasn't smart in this type of game. I could've made a super secret alliance with only a couple members from the big alliance to eliminate the rest, but then I would become the leader of the biggest alliance, which would lead to another disband (This time being me who goes home).

If there's a way I improved it would be to choosing the right people to keep in the finale. Hidden was a good teammate, don't get me wrong. But he was also a good strategist. He made about half of the moves and I made about half of the moves in the alliance. So he had just an equal amount of chance as winning as me, while in this final 3 situation, Mushroom didn't do much (imo), I had a bit of a social game, and to be honest I don't know what big moves tim did (besides idol plays).

A failed move I did was trying to ally with Lemon to get info, but Lemon wasn't that talkative so it never really worked out.

Where you said that I didn’t do much, I’m actually happy you said that because that was the impression I wanted to have for a few people. You were one of the few people who I never really had a proper co-operation with and you could arguably say the same thing for Timuru. One of the easiest ways to get eliminated in this kind of game is when you have a huge group of people vote you, and that was one of my main goals, to avoid that happening to me which is why I played as a silent-like character and tried to avoid getting too involved with the mega alliance.
Proud creator of Betrayal - The ultimate game of backstabbing. There is no game in progress currently but there will be soon!

Kirigirii
Witch
Witch

Postby marlony1 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:41 pm

greenrabbit7 wrote:Super. I'm gonna be honest. I planned on backstabbing you but I realized people were unlikely to vote you; so tell me. Why should we, in the jury, vote you?

you said it yourself.

Spoiler: people were unlikely to vote you;

Being able to be safe from backstabbing and being able to be an ally is something that was helpful into getting into the finale. Social game is an important part of survivor and I feel like I played it well (If you think not, well I guess that sucks then.)
-Superduper

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

SAVE the Red Girl

Spoiler:
But nothing was there...

marlony1
Doctor
Doctor

Postby mdb1023 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:44 pm

marlony1 wrote:
greenrabbit7 wrote:Super. I'm gonna be honest. I planned on backstabbing you but I realized people were unlikely to vote you; so tell me. Why should we, in the jury, vote you?

you said it yourself.

Being able to be safe from backstabbing and being able to be an ally is something that was helpful into getting into the finale. Social game is an important part of survivor and I feel like I played it well (If you think not, well I guess that sucks then.)

Becoming a goat just to get to the end isn't a great strategy IMO. That's why Laurel (Yanni) lost last season (of the TV Show). Getting to the end is only half of the game, the other half is how you got there.

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby mdb1023 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:45 pm

Kirigirii wrote:
marlony1 wrote:

Where you said that I didn’t do much, I’m actually happy you said that because that was the impression I wanted to have for a few people. You were one of the few people who I never really had a proper co-operation with and you could arguably say the same thing for Timuru. One of the easiest ways to get eliminated in this kind of game is when you have a huge group of people vote you, and that was one of my main goals, to avoid that happening to me which is why I played as a silent-like character and tried to avoid getting too involved with the mega alliance.

That's a fair point, but at the same time, playing a game that's too under the radar will not get you jury votes. Like I said above, getting to the end is only half the game.

Playing under the radar is good to a point, but there comes a point where you have to make moves. Not moves for the sake of making moves, but making the right moves.

So, both you and Super need to explain what the "right moves" were for your game.

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby greenrabbit7 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:53 pm

marlony1 wrote:

you said it yourself.

I meant for jury.
greenrabbit7
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby marlony1 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:56 pm

mdb1023 wrote:
marlony1 wrote:

you said it yourself.

Becoming a goat just to get to the end isn't a great strategy IMO. That's why Laurel (Yanni) lost last season (of the TV Show). Getting to the end is only half of the game, the other half is how you got there.

Spoiler: I like the way diaz-twine thinks of "anyone as long as it aint me."
-Superduper

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

SAVE the Red Girl

Spoiler:
But nothing was there...

marlony1
Doctor
Doctor

Postby marlony1 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:57 pm

greenrabbit7 wrote:
marlony1 wrote:

you said it yourself.

I meant for jury.

Spoiler: I feel like I deserve to win since I was able to stay safe and join multiple alliances that kept me safe in the game in case one went bad.
-Superduper

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

SAVE the Red Girl

Spoiler:
But nothing was there...

marlony1
Doctor
Doctor

Postby mdb1023 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:02 pm

That may be true, but the thing about Sandra is that she isn't super remarkable as winner except for the fact that she won twice. What she excelled in was positioning herself perfectly in FTC where she was basically the lesser of 2 (or three in the case of HvV) evils. In Pearl Islands, she was sitting next to someone who simply was not going to get any jury votes- Lillian- who was essentially a kingmaker. Had she voted Sandra out, Fairplay would have won.
In HvV, She was sitting next to Russell who treated people like shit and was not getting any votes, and Parvati, who played a little too aggressively for the tastes of most of the jury. Had Jerri not been voted out at F4 she probably wins.
I'm not 100% sure you can compare yourself to Sandra because I don't think you've necessarily put yourself in that same position. You very well may have if this vote turns out in your favor, but I think it's a bit early to compare yourself to Sandra.

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby mdb1023 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:03 pm

marlony1 wrote:
greenrabbit7 wrote:
marlony1 wrote:

you said it yourself.

I meant for jury.

Spoiler: I feel like I deserve to win since I was able to stay safe and join multiple alliances that kept me safe in the game in case one went bad.

What other alliances did you have?

Because if my alliance of Manatee and over had taken control, I don't think you'd be sitting here right now.

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Kirigirii » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:08 pm

mdb1023 wrote:
Kirigirii wrote:
marlony1 wrote:

That's a fair point, but at the same time, playing a game that's too under the radar will not get you jury votes. Like I said above, getting to the end is only half the game.

Playing under the radar is good to a point, but there comes a point where you have to make moves. Not moves for the sake of making moves, but making the right moves.

So, both you and Super need to explain what the "right moves" were for your game.

There were significant moves I made, notably the one I previously mentioned which saved my life. As for other moves I think were the right moves, one of my good moves that I made early on had to be sticking with Vivi for the whole game. This was a decision that I knew would benefit me and it did as Vivi was a good teammate who easily gained the trust of other people and I may have been dead if it wasn’t for her.

There weren’t any moves late-game I found too significant but I think saying why I should win gave an impression to them that I won’t be able to convince the jury and therefore there was no need to vote me out. It worked on that one person especially. While it’s unknown if it was a necessary move, I think it was an effective move and a move I should of made.

(I literally have no idea if I’m answering this question properly and I gotta sleep now)

Kirigirii
Witch
Witch

Postby marlony1 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:08 pm

mdb1023 wrote:
marlony1 wrote:
mdb1023 wrote:
marlony1 wrote:
Question to all of you:

The problem I'm having with your argument is that you're not talking much about what "you" did, rather what "we" (you and fish) did. I want to know what YOU did.

Spoiler: - Join multiple alliances in case the main one failed
- Cause the Vivi elimination near the end
- Eliminate Lemon near the start by using the trust of members (This was supposed to do a lot, but Lemon was super inactive so the play didn't end up helping, but in concept it was smart since Tim and Lemon would be a big threat)

I wanted to do even more than what I did in FS 2.1, trust me I really did. But the problem was there wasn't a good amount of times to move from one person to the next since every elimination was either 1. Set in stone or 2. Pointless unless I wanted to make useless moves in the game that would kill me more than help me.
-Superduper

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

SAVE the Red Girl

Spoiler:
But nothing was there...

marlony1
Doctor
Doctor

PreviousNext

Return to Completed/Abandoned Games