Forum Survivor: Halloween (and the winner is......)

A place for old, unplayed, and completed games go to lie.

Re: Forum Survivor: Halloween (Final Four)

Postby Kirigirii » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:41 am

I didn’t vote Fish because I was convinced to, I was going to vote Fish no matter what and convincing me to vote someone else wouldn’t have happened.
Proud creator of Betrayal - The ultimate game of backstabbing. There is no game in progress currently but there will be soon!

Survivor/Big Brother Record:
Survivor: Halloween - 2nd
Survivor: All Stars - 18th
Survivor: Anarchy - 6th
Survivor: World Tour - 9th
Big Brother: The Black Hat - 8th
Survivor: Ragnarok - 8th
Survivor: Champions vs Contenders - 6th
Survivor: Blindside Island - 7th
Kirigirii
Witch
Witch

Postby marlony1 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:32 pm

timurtheking wrote:
marlony1 wrote:
timurtheking wrote:
marlony1 wrote:
timurtheking wrote: Spoiler: To vivi:
3) from what I can tell, pretty much all of you played your game by laying low and letting others take control. what things did you do to manipulate the game socially? (especially in the end game
I would say that i controlled the fishy vote, as ik he was a big alliance leader and threat, if I wanted to I could of easily talked with fishy and voted someone else out/caused a tie but i thought he was the best person to get out and told shadow/mushroom and marlony to do the same.

Spoiler: The fish elimination at the end was destined to happen. I knew it would happen, Mushroom knew it would happen, you knew it would happen. You never really told us to and it was pretty obvious who was gonna go home in the final 4.

Becauae he was the biggest threat, if i wanted to i could of helped fish and made it a tie/someone else go out thanks to my immunity

But you didn’t tell us to vote Fish. And while, yes, you were technically in control and could start a tie, why would you?

That was a situation you could control, obviously. But it’s not an example of manipulating us socially since we were gonna vote them anyways.

I did tell you, look at the group dm chat I made

but ye there was no reason for me to start a tie but I had the potential to

When I say "You didn't tell us to vote Fish" I meant you didn't convince us to. We already wanted to anyways.

You never controlled the fish vote. The fish vote was destined to happen.
"THE ONE AND ONLY. SPAGOT BOI SUPERDUPER *dAb DaB*"
-Superduper

Choose the character's actions in these fun and simple Arcade games:
Spoiler:
You: W-Where am I?

You wake up in a generic RPG.

Spoiler:
???: How will I get out of these rooms? I-I can't do anything...

SAVE the Red Girl

Spoiler:
But nothing was there...

Taking short break from forums
marlony1
Doctor
Doctor

Postby mdb1023 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:59 pm

Ok, guys. I'm getting ready to decide so I want your closing arguments. Why do you deserve it over the other two?
Discord: Finn#5059

http://www.twitch.tv/mikeakafinn?sr=a

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby timurtheking » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:06 am

mdb1023 wrote:Ok, guys. I'm getting ready to decide so I want your closing arguments. Why do you deserve it over the other two?

Spoiler: they had most of the game safe and easy as they just rid with their big alliance and tried to hide under the radar. they were put in good positions to make game changing moves and didnt, or they would off tried blindsiding or voting out a powerful alliance member instead of just waiting til the end and voting them out. Even though in my opinion, none of us did any huge gamechanging moves, I did good survival plays and won more challenges then the other 2.
Check out my ideas:
The Philosophers (New Faction)
Witch Change/buff

Just remembering the good times when this forum was alive :))

Best known for; hosting The Room FG series and being the Right Hand of Game's Hub
timurtheking
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Kirigirii » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:13 am

mdb1023 wrote:Ok, guys. I'm getting ready to decide so I want your closing arguments. Why do you deserve it over the other two?

I’m not saying I do deserve to win, however to answer it then it’s because I didn’t use any manipulation tactics and instead I gained the trust of loads of people and acted as a double agent nearly the whole game which allowed me to gather more information about everyone and arguably knew the most information in the game with Super ironically being the one of the few I didn’t know a lot about. I didn’t sheep in the mega alliance because I didn’t want to be part of the mega alliance and most of my moves and tactics layed with my teammates in my small alliances. I also forgot about the exploration so that should be bonus points.
Proud creator of Betrayal - The ultimate game of backstabbing. There is no game in progress currently but there will be soon!

Survivor/Big Brother Record:
Survivor: Halloween - 2nd
Survivor: All Stars - 18th
Survivor: Anarchy - 6th
Survivor: World Tour - 9th
Big Brother: The Black Hat - 8th
Survivor: Ragnarok - 8th
Survivor: Champions vs Contenders - 6th
Survivor: Blindside Island - 7th
Kirigirii
Witch
Witch

Postby marlony1 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:36 am

Spoiler: I would say I deserve it over Timur since Timur failing to get into alliances isnt a sign of skill, but instead a sign of lack of social and that arguably his entire game revolved around rng'd idols. Also how did we win the F4 naming challenge with "How is this game not canned"?

I would say I deserve it over Kirigirii since I was also able to get into some small alliances and that I could use them for information. I also want to mention that due to the small alliances I had an easy source of info and backup plans in case something went wrong.
"THE ONE AND ONLY. SPAGOT BOI SUPERDUPER *dAb DaB*"
-Superduper

Choose the character's actions in these fun and simple Arcade games:
Spoiler:
You: W-Where am I?

You wake up in a generic RPG.

Spoiler:
???: How will I get out of these rooms? I-I can't do anything...

SAVE the Red Girl

Spoiler:
But nothing was there...

Taking short break from forums
marlony1
Doctor
Doctor

Postby TheNightmareFox » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:17 pm

Submit your votes by this time tomorrow
Man I can't come up with anything good to put here
TheNightmareFox
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Forum Survivor: Halloween (and the winner is......)

Postby TheNightmareFox » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:02 pm

So....it's down the final three....but jokes on you....none of you are leaving
you hear rustling in the leaves
It was a trap all a long
Threes no reward
There's nothing
You all will die
a voice cries out
Stop right there

What?
A man with a pumkin head steps out with a few of the contestants following behind him
The gig is up
Who are you?
And how is this possible?
who I am doesn't matter
But what does is that you won't be killing any more people here today

pumpkin man walks over and stabs the host
Hehe....the jokes on you
This island is going go explode
And only one person can escape
Who will survive while the rest die....it's your choice....
The pumpkin man looks back as his jury
They form a circle and talk about what they will do
Pumpkin man nods and looks at the final three

We have decided which one of you will live
As only one can escape
By a vote of 6 to 2
Super
You have earned the right to escape

Super runs down to the beach and gets in a single person life boat
As be rows away he hears a huge explosion as the island explodes and collapses on itself
As he start to row to freedom
He sees a plane call from the sky to a near by island and sees smoke come from that area

GOOD JOB SUPER FOR WINNING SURVIVOR HALLOWEEN

Mod rant coming soon
To a post near you
TheNightmareFox
Civilian
Civilian

Postby 0verki11 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:05 pm

GG
If you need a replacement for an FM or most Forum games, PM me, and ill see if I can replace in.
If you want my discord PM me.
UTC+13 or something is my timezone.

0verki11
Medium
Medium

Location: Somewhere in NZ trying to get a good internet connection

Postby TheNightmareFox » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:21 pm

First thing I'm pissed at Tbh was that I couldn't do most the cool stuff I had planned because time/couldn't be done
Google ended up bailing on me for one of the challenges which I don't blame him
Just pissed me off
Second is tbh
The people who made it
Tbh none of them deserved it as much as some others did
None of them truly did spectacular things
I know my opinion doesn't matter and as host is somewhat biased
But I feel Tim deserved it the most
But someone like fish or Vivi really deserved
It
Now speaking of vivi
Idols
Tbh I had 4 idols in this game
That were functional
Tim found two
Vucub found one
Fish got one from the auction
The rest of the idols were fake
I tossed fake ones in to spice things up
But tbh I regret that decision
The inactivity from both players and host really pissed me off as well
But I gave leeway for holidays and since I myself was being an inactive Cuck I couldn't Exacally chew them out for it because it could be my fault
And some of the challenges didn't go as planned
And with people just Not doing the challenges it got pretty Damned bad
I'm glad the games finally done
But I will say this
The game may be over
But Not everything is over.....
dun dun dunnnnn
TheNightmareFox
Civilian
Civilian

Postby mdb1023 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:26 pm

ok gonna put in my two cents:

Fake Idols: Bad idea in an Online Reality Game. They work on the TV show because players can use their artistic skills to make it more convincing and deduce whether or not an idol is fake. These aspects do not carry over to ORGs and I can't help but feel that some of the players in this game felt cheated as a result.

My Idol: yes, I had an idol. I didn't use it. I thought I had the numbers and i wanted to save it for later. It was stupid. Anyways, this idol (if I under had the ability to take any votes I had received and direct them at another player. This is incredibly overpowered and is essentially a multi-vote steal. A note to future game creators: DON'T DO THIS.

Idols in general: How many were in play at once? Because if there were too many at once, there's a huge risk of everyone being immune, which essentially breaks the game.

The game as a whole: was overall very much fun, I had a blast playing Survivor again for the first time in a while and actually doing fairly well. The challenges were a little bland and not super thought out at times, but most of them worked. The game went on way too long, but that I would chalk up mostly to the host having IRL issues which is understandable, but just a note to future hosts: if you're afraid of keeping up with your game, don't be afraid to find a cohost. If nothing else, if you need help, I am more than happy to act as cohost if you need that extra person to help run challenges and run the game when you're busy. Just send me a DM.
I'm also not a fan of allowing cross tribal alliance chats. That allowed for a Super-alliance to be formed which pretty much sealed the fate of pretty much everyone voted out premerge (except Chemist), and that likely wouldn't have been the case had alliance chats been limited within each tribe. The only reason I allowed it in Fusion is because Fusion's mechanic basically revolved around cross tribal alliances. But anyways, I do think the game would have taken a much different turn had this not been the case.

As for the players: Everyone here played super well, even if there were a few sheeple playing. There was some rather remarkable gameplay going on, especially from the new players. Finale was kind of boring because 3 of the least impacful players made it to the end, but hey, it happens and I'm not trying to take anything away from them. They played well, no doubt, but I guarantee if the anyone voted out after Final 6 made it to the end, they probably would have won instead.

That's all I got for now. See ya'll in All Stars!!!

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby timurtheking » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:45 pm

Can’t touch this
Check out my ideas:
The Philosophers (New Faction)
Witch Change/buff

Just remembering the good times when this forum was alive :))

Best known for; hosting The Room FG series and being the Right Hand of Game's Hub
timurtheking
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby VucubCaquix » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:56 pm

I have notes

Game stuff
-The start of tribe 1 was pretty chaotic, tons of different alliances going about
-I did more on the first vote of the game than the entire rest of the game
-Mostly stuck with fish because I didn’t think the super alliance was gonna break up
-It didn’t
-I used my sick rapping skills to secure my allies
-Fish was totally all over the place at the start though, inviting Timur to a chat where he talked about voting off Timur
-Still not sure why Chem got blindsided
-Super alliances are boring
-I predicted getting targeted on the first double elim but didn’t really care because no way I wasn’t idoling
-I’m actually surprised that Eye was actually with us (Mush/Super/Eye/Fish/Me), I was pretty distrustful at that point
-Offered an f3 to Super and Mush, figured it would be best for all of us.
-Can’t say I’m too disappointed where I went, just too many idols at that point.
-Actually I probably could've tried talking to Mush/Eye/Tim more if I wanted better odds.
-Also double eliminations and idols do not mix

Thoughts on future game design

Advantages
- Best to have a set number of idols in the game. This isn’t how it works in the show, but overflow is especially a concern with how easily idols can be found in online games.
- 2-4 is probably the right range. If four, they probably shouldn't all be active at once.

Twists
-Double vote double eliminations aren’t good. Especially not at low numbers, and with idols. Double tribe eliminations are fine, as long as some sort of immunity is up for grabs.
-This game really could've benefited from a tribe swap.

Challenges
-Subjective challenges are fine, but limiting the amount is a good idea
-When doing subjective challenges, players should need to put in enough effort to give the judges something to judge. Team names aren’t ideal. Writing a story is good.
-All challenges and twists should be designed beforehand. Having posts written up and stored somewhere is also ideal for saving time later. Posting challenges directly after eliminations is easy when all you need to do is copy paste.
-Challenge quality was a bit lax here, perhaps would've been better with a collaborator.

Hosting
-Survivor has a lot of rounds and goes on a long time, so you definitely want to keep rounds as short as possible.
-Having games be reviewed is probably a good idea for first time hosts? Even for experienced hosts, not a bad idea.
-A cohost would've been good given the host's availability.
-Unlimited cross tribal communication has issues and we saw them here. One big alliance formed and it didn’t get threatened until final 9.
Coming 2020 - Who is The Mole?
VucubCaquix
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby mdb1023 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:21 pm

VucubCaquix wrote:I

- Best to have a set number of idols in the game. This isn’t how it works in the show, but overflow is especially a concern with how easily idols can be found in online games.
- 2-4 is probably the right range. If four, they probably shouldn't all be active at once.

couple thoughts going off of that:

if you want to have more idols than that (like I do), feel free! It is your game, after all, but don't have more than 3 in play at a time. In Fusion, there were originally 3 idols hidden plus a super idol that expired at the merge. I rehid one of those 3 original idols because it was played very early, and added an extra one at merge, but there were never more than 3 in play at once, and there never will be in my games. That's a fairly regular amount for the TV show as of recent seasons, as long as you know where to cut it off. All Stars will probably be in a similar vein to that number, maybe one or two more just because it's a much larger game, or maybe there will be less. Kinda depends on how it plays out; if 3 idols are found and everyone saves them until late game, then there will only be 3. Case in point: as long as you limit it to 3 in play at a time, you should be ok, and be flexible, don't add more for the sake of being zany and unpredictable, but add more if you feel the game could improve with more. But any more than 3 at a time and you run the risk of creating some very tricky scenarios, such as the possibility of everyone being immune (which I was really scared would end up happening this game)

Twists
-Double vote double eliminations aren’t good. Especially not at low numbers, and with idols. Double tribe eliminations are fine, as long as some sort of immunity is up for grabs.

Yeah I actually like the double eliminations post merge. Had one in Fusion and it was fun to watch. But, they don't work as well with less people, especially not at the idol expiration point. If you're going to have one, have it when there's still lost of people left, especially because people are more inclined to save their idols early game anyways ( like me :cry: ). Also don't do do them often.

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby mdb1023 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:27 pm

again tho, do what you want. I'm not trying to come off as bossy or anything, I just like discussing game balance. Ultimately, if you make a game it's your game and are free to do whatever you want, within reason. That said, I do agree with Vucub that maybe new hosts should have their games reviewed just so we can keep up with a certain level of quality.

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby EyeOfTheTiger » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:30 am

VucubCaquix wrote:Still not sure why Chem got blindsided

I can explain the Chem blindside. :D
(chem please don't kill me)

1) I forgot I sent Chemist into an alliance earlier for info, and I may or may not have convinced a more powerful player that said alliance was out to get them. Didn't want to look like a traitor for not elim'ing someone out to get him. Led to convincing people he was a threat and you know what happened from there.
2) It was convenient for all of us - aside from Monkey, who did whatever we told him. There was a Super Alliance Monkey wasn't part of, and Mushroom was - sticking with the Chemist/Monkey + Me alliance was going to fuck me over post-merge. Mushroom was also far more useful as someone who wouldn't sell my info for a cornchip.

Oh, and I agree. Super alliances suck. They're convenient but boring as hell.
EyeOfTheTiger
Transporter
Transporter

Previous

Return to Completed/Abandoned Games