Umineko no Naku Koro Ni - The Forum Game (End!)

A place for old, unplayed, and completed games go to lie.

Re: Umineko no Naku Koro Ni - The Executioners of Truth

Postby Segaco » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:12 am

"Fourth game, third twilight. Bad luck leads a man to disappear into thin air."
Segaco#3884
Segaco
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Multiuniverse » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:47 am

"He was knocked out by the accomplice and incinerated by the culprit"

Thanks parker for the gif and SuperDuper for suggesting rotational sig
Multiuniverse
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner

Postby Segaco » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:25 pm

"Fourth game, fourth, sixth, seventh, and eighth twilights. Six locked rooms connected with each other, a perfect locked room chain."
Segaco#3884
Segaco
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Multiuniverse » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:36 am

"I would hardly call it perfect. One of the corpse was another corpse in disguise. That corpse was later removed by the culprit, the disguise removed and put where it was later found in the last locked room by the detective. The culprit locked the last door from inside and escaped via the window. "

Multiuniverse

Postby Segaco » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:42 am

"Fourth game, ninth twilight. A chained room holds four dead bodies."
Segaco#3884
Segaco
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Multiuniverse » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:52 pm

"The culprit entered via breaking in through the window and left the same way"

Multiuniverse

Postby Segaco » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:45 pm

And so, we reach the end. Knowing what comes up next, William throws the red truth aside and takes out his old black sword. He must use bold if he doesn't know the truth.

As William prepares, the wizard continues:

"First, second, third and fourth games. Tenth twilight. When the seagulls cry, there are no survivors."
Segaco#3884
Segaco
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Multiuniverse » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:49 pm

The Culprit died in an accident

Multiuniverse

Postby Segaco » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:03 pm

It's not just the culprit. In all games except for the first one William and some others always die at the end.
You don't mean to tell me they all just die because of an accident, do you?
Segaco#3884
Segaco
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Multiuniverse » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:06 pm

The culprit killed them then died in an accident

Multiuniverse

Postby Chemist1422 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:38 am

(this got moved into c/ag and out :Thonk:)
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Segaco » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:44 pm

I concede, let's put this thread to rest once and for all.

The wizard is cut in half by William's sword. Although WIlliam was expecting him to fall over and die, he doesn't. Wizard merely stands there, waiting for the final hit.
...Ah, right. William has to do the thing every detective does in the denouement: unmask the culprit's identity.

Reading his thoughts, the wizard chuckles, points to his own face and says:

"Now, do tell."

"Who is the culprit?"
Segaco#3884
Segaco
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Multiuniverse » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:49 pm

There is only one possible Culprit. Ryax Corney!

Multiuniverse

Postby Chemist1422 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:22 am

:ThinkCorn:
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?

Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Flavorable » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:54 am

Chemist1422 wrote::ThinkCorn:

Please make sure you don't spam by simply posting one emoji. Make sure your reply actually adds something to the conversation.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Multiuniverse » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:42 am

Flavorable wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote::ThinkCorn:

Please make sure you don't spam by simply posting one emoji. Make sure your reply actually adds something to the conversation.

But there is no conversation
It's a forum game

Multiuniverse

Postby Segaco » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:34 pm

Multiuniverse wrote:There is only one possible Culprit. Ryax Corney!

Seeing no objection, William turns that bold into gold. The rather powerful slash sends the wizard flying away into the distance until he crashes against a wall, leaving a crater. Not even three seconds later, the wizard teleports back to where he was standing, seemingly unharmed. That is until...

The wizard's mask cracks in half before turning into dust. Behind the mask is the face of a killer, the cause of the massacres in pretty much every single game.
And this face does indeed belong to the accused, Ryax Corney.

He shrughs as his body slowly starts to crack away. Some pieces fall off, and he dedicates the detective one last laugh before his entire body shatters and turns into dust.
The rest of the dust that had been flying around them up until that point starts to move and concentrate on one single spot in the air. It stops once the dust takes the shape of a crystal, which falls onto the floor and shatters.
And just like that, everything disappears. The culprit found, the box is opened and shows what exactly happened on the island that day.
Segaco#3884
Segaco
Godfather
Godfather

Re: Umineko no Naku Koro Ni - The Truth

Postby Segaco » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:34 pm

The Truth

It's october 4th, very late at night. Indeed, all characters, except for Jezz who went to sleep way earlier, are in the dining hall. They had been there for a while, and it was getting tiring to keep the conversation going... so to save everyone the trouble of having to ask, Xerxes gives everyone the key to their respective room and has them head off.
All but one reject the offer and leave the hall. The only ones left in the room were Ryax, Xerxes and all of the other servants. The mansion owner sends all of the servants to sleep, they had done enough already.
Ryax, on the other hand, stays on his chair even after they are all gone, and slowly rises from his seat.

"Xerxes, remember this company I had like some years ago?" he asks, searching for something under his coat.

Xerxes is quite puzzled by the question, but tries answering nonetheless, "Hm... ...Were you a loan shark, maybe? I'm sorry, I don't remember."

"It's fine, really," Ryax seems to find what he was looking for, "I founded a bank, you know. Several banks, actually, that was rare. All were pretty well known around the country... Until I went bankrupt, that is..."

"Oh, I'm sorry..." Xerxes looks apologetic for a second, but immediately raises a brow, "...But why are you telling me this?"

"Some thief breaking in all of the buildings was all it took. Well, that, and several investments gone wrong," the man sighs, shaking his head, "And look at me now, I have little to no money. I'm almost broke and it's getting pretty hard to live... A very pitiful lifestyle."

"..." the mansion owner slowly starts to get an idea on what Ryax could possibly want, "...You're not asking me for money, are you?"

"Not really," much to the surprise of Xerxes, Ryax takes out a revolver from under his clothes and brings it up to Xerxes' head, "I'm just here to get it back."

And before Xerxes can even understand what he is talking about, a bullet flies from the gun and through Xerxes' head. The gunshot echoes thorough the room.
He only stares as Xerxes falls to his side and onto the floor, taking the chair with him. The killer puts his revolver on the table and sits on a chair, deciding to wait for all others to come see what happened. William was a police officer or something... There was no doubt he was going to arrest him on the spot...
But that didn't quite matter anymore, his revenge was complete. Life in prison was surely better than how he was living currently.
He would have liked to steal back everything Xerxes stole, but that's pretty much impossible with what's happened.

...Or so he thinks. Five, ten minutes pass, yet not even William appears to check out what happened.
Ryax can't help but be confused, but realizes what probably happened after examining the heavy double doors: the room is sound proof, for some strange reason.
In other words, his gunshot was not heard.
In other words, he can get away with this, possibly.

He leaves the room and goes upstairs, to the bathroom. He washes his hands there.
Next, he goes to his room and hides his clothes under the carpet, at least for the time being.
After getting a change of clothes, he goes to sleep. The police would not be able to trace gunpowder on him now, and he may even have a chance to steal back his stuff from Xerxes.
With that in mind, Ryax drifts off to sleep.

The next morning, the man is woken up by a worried Flaming.

"X-Xerxes has been shot! Please come to the dining hall at once! Everyone is there already!"

"W-What...?" even though he just woke up, Ryax can act his way through this rather easily, "W-What do you mean?!"

The killer gets up to seem startled, but just then... the revolver drops onto the ground. He had left it beside him before sleeping. That was a mistake.
Flaming looks confused for a moment, until he recalls Xerxes was shot dead. He puts two and two together and--

Yet another gunshot rings out, and the servant falls over, face first onto the carpet. Dead, of course. Above him is Ryax, with a smoking revolver in hands.
...Now he's done it. He quickly moves to the door to see if, by some miracle, the room is also soundproof... but to his dismay, it isn't.
It's just your average door.

He pockets the gun and leaves. It's over, after all. Better go get arrested, or something.
When he arrives downstairs, he realizes the dining hall doors are closed... which means...
Luck is on his side today. No one heard any gunshot.
Little Jezz is also outside by the door, too... but she is still a kid. She probably thinks it was thunder.

Before Ryax can even go into the room, everyone exits the dining hall, pushed by William. He was saying something about preservation of the crime scene, or something.
The body could be seen from the door, so with his worried face, Ryax begins asking everyone what happened. He finds it strange when absolutely no one answers him. Everyone is throwing weird looks at him, actually. Even Yarn, who he was certain was still into him, is acting weird.
William, on the other hand, just smiles at Ryax's confusion.

"So, Ryax, let me explain," the detective walks up to the man. In order to keep up his act, Ryax tries to nullify his nervousness, "You see--"

He doesn't finish, as William jumps at him.
Ryax soon finds himself held onto the ground by all the men in the hall.

"What are you all doing?!" the culprit tries to free himself, but immediately feels someone searching his pockets, "Hey!"

William takes out a revolver, and quickly opens the cylinder to count the bullets. The cylinder is all filled up with six bullets, but William finds that two of them had been used.

"...Two bullets...?! But Xerxes died to just one!" the detective frantically looks around, "Wait, where's Flaming?!"

And that's how Ryax's second crime is discovered.

---

After all's calmed down and Ryax is locked into a room, William explains that the servants told everyone Ryax was the last person to be with Xerxes in the dining hall, so... the answer was rather obvious. Carrying the revolver around was quite stupid, William thinks.

This is how Ryax's killings end. William tried to contact the police, as his mission was finished there, but the typhoon had cut all communications with the outside world.
In other words, they had to stay there for a day until the rain calmed down.

---

...Eventualy, the clock reaches 11:58. October 5th, the last day.
All the men are in the parlor in order to prevent Ryax from acting. This is how they should have acted in all of the games, but no one ever suggested grouping up in one room.
Still, Ryax looks out the window... and sees something he wasn't really expecting.

"H-Hey, what's that?!" he starts sweating heavily as the thing approaches, "S-Seriously, what?!"

"Do you really think a distaction will work at this poi--" Orange stops himself when he also looks out the window, "Jesus christ! Guys, look!"

11:59.

Everyone looks out the window, only to see some kind of gigantic rock approaching the mansion from above... almost like a huge meteorite of sorts.

"Everyone, leave!" William kicks the door open. They had locked it earlier, but no time to unlock it normally, "Go!"

The girls had been in the servant quarters, and they were quickly informed of what was happening before descending through the entrance's ladder. Remember: this is a tree-mansion.
As everyone descends, not only the meteorite hits the mansion, but the ladder snaps. Literally everyone falls from the ladder down to the ground below.

...No one survived the fall.

And even if they had, this meteorite, which followed by destroying the entire island, would have done the trick.

With absolutely no information as to what happened on that island, the truth was locked in a box. Yes, a meteorite destroyed everything, but this didn't mean you couldn't theorize what every person did before the meteorite did its thing. If you did, literally no one could deny your theory...
And based on this uncertainty, the wizard was born. He created near infinite locked rooms before being brought down by the detective.

Speaking of the detective, now in the meta world, he slowly starts to vanish. Perhaps denying the only thing that kept him alive was a bad idea?
...He disappears either way, kicking and punching walls in an attempt not to.

With literally everyone dead, this murder mystery show finally comes to an end,

Ah, and how could I forget? As for the story above,

When the seagulls cried, there were no survivors.

This marks the ending of Umineko no Naku Koro Ni: The Forum Game!

After two long years, the mystery has finally been solved!

Thank you all for playing!
Segaco#3884
Segaco
Godfather
Godfather

Re: Umineko no Naku Koro Ni - The Forum Game (End!)

Postby Segaco » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:37 pm

The end

Hello, hello.
I'll leave this open for a few days before sending it to oblivion. I also have to post most of the solutions (including the answer to the purple game).
Anyway, congrats Multi for soloing your way through the end!

Anyone can post now.
Segaco#3884
Segaco
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Multiuniverse » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:03 pm

Poggers

Probably longest forum game to date

Multiuniverse

Postby Gasocea » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:09 pm

All thanks to the power of locked rooms!
Segaco#3884
Gasocea

Postby Chemist1422 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:43 am

Segaco wrote:
The end

Hello, hello.
I'll leave this open for a few days before sending it to oblivion. I also have to post most of the solutions (including the answer to the purple game).
Anyway, congrats Multi for soloing your way through the end!

Anyone can post now.

:c
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?

Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Segaco » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:43 am

Oops, that's true.
Congrats to you too Chemist for powering through the first game!!
*hug*
Segaco#3884
Segaco
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Chemist1422 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:49 am

Zorua did more stuff than me so they deserve congrats too.
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?

Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Segaco » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:03 pm

This has been open for long enough.
In the end, I won't post the answers to the mystery as they have been mentioned already. And if there is something that hasn't been said, it can easily be assumed.
So I will only be addressing the only two mysteries that are left to solve: first, how the culprit kills everyone in the end. It's not just the meteorite that kills everyone every game.
In all the main games, the culprit at some points ends up using the ladder. Because of the rain, they slip and fall, damaging the ladder in the process... and that's why he is involved of the deaths of the victims in those scenarios. If anyone used the ladder after that point, it would just break and everyone would fall.

Now, the second mystery left to solve is the purple game mystery. It was a mistake not to say why theories suggested for it were wrong... after all, a person's efforts should pay off at one point. That mechanic was the equivalent of having someone punch a tree to bring it down: although it's technically possible to do so, you would have to be there possiby 20+ years punching it... but the reality is that no one would do such a thing for more than 5 minutes, either because of they realize it's stupid or because they bruised their hands.
I'm not sure if I changed that at one point, but that matters not now. Do know it's entirely solveable (I even did some grammar fixing just now) without any reds, and this is your last chance to try it (link) before you open the spoiler:
Spoiler: This is the thought process to get to the answer. The solution itself will be presented after this.
And before anything, this is the full list of characters:

-William White
-Tech Netorius
-Fen Netorius
-Jezz Netorius
-Takumi Hijri
-Nate Turner
-Ryax Corney
-Yarn Watch
-Orange Duckling
-Thorus Idiotus
-James Watson
-Luka
-Fracie
-Sarah
-Zeus
-Flaming
-Alex Lettuce
-Xerxes Lefan

Now, reasoning time.
There is a certain rule that slips past most people: the "all statements made in narration are true" rule is *very* important.
With it, you can confirm deaths, because if someone is mentioned to be a corpse or is mentioned to be dead, then they are, indeed, dead.
In this story, for example, we have three confirmed deaths. Here they are, separated by quotes:

Following their gut, the group headed to William's room. They stopped at the door.
There, Zeus put his master key in the keyhole and soon opened it.
Inside, was doctor Alex. He was dead.

The group mourned for Tech's death and recalled they were 18 when they got to the island.

The group quickly searched Luka's corpse and destroyed his master key.

As you can see, these people were mentioned to be death. And as we know thanks to another rule, culprits cannot die, so whatever these people said in purple can be considered to be the truth... which means that even more deaths are confirmed if our innocents mentioned so in purple!
I'm not gonna copy paste each sentence because that would take a while and it's unnecessary, you can confirm these for yourself if you wish so. These are the confirmed kills:
Alex & Luka confirm that Thorus and Watson are dead.
Tech confirms the death of Nate and Takumi.
Alex confirms the death of Sarah and Flaming.

None of the cleared people clear anyone. All you learn from some of these deaths is bits about the howdunnit: Flaming's and Sarah's purples about the dining halls doors being locked, for example.
But they are useless at the moment. Here is the updated list (we've cleared nine people):

-William White
-Fen Netorius
-Jezz Netorius
-Ryax Corney
-Yarn Watch
-Orange Duckling
-Fracie
-Zeus
-Xerxes Lefan

At this point, there is only one way to continue: confirming more deaths. At the end, several people say "X is not the culprit" or some variation of it, which helps immensely.
Now, before anything, how can you be sure they aren't all culprits? ...I don't think I even need to mention it, but here it is regardless: there is no need to keep up the act if they were all culprits.
This piece of information above tells us that at least one person of the three is innocent. Zeus & Ryax say Yarn is innocent. Yarn says Ryax is nice, but that's not a "he didn't kill", is it?
No matter who or how we reason things to learn who is innocent, we always end up with one conclusion: Yarn is innocent.
If Yarn is guilty, then the other two are lying and would be culprits. As we established earlier, that's not possible.
If either Zeus or Ryax were innocent, Yarn would also be innocent due to their purple.
And thus, we now know Yarn did not kill.

...But that becomes useless now. She didn't confirm any deaths.
Updated list:

-William White
-Fen Netorius
-Jezz Netorius
-Ryax Corney
-Orange Duckling
-Fracie
-Zeus
-Xerxes Lefan

How do we continue?
With more reasoning of course.
Again at the end, there are two men with guns and one defenseless woman all alone. If the two men were culprits, there is absolutely nothing stopping them from just shooting Yarn and getting it over with.
In other words, we can safely assume one of them is innocent... as to how, that can also be solved with reasoning: a second killer is needed either if Zeus or Ryax is the culprit. Remember, for William's and Alex's deaths, everyone (Ryax+Zeus included) was reunited in the parlor. So someone else must have done those murders.
The way to get to the answer is simple: just assume what would happen if one of the suspects was innocent and the other guilty. Both confirmed deaths, which is why this method is useful. If we are left with a culprit team that is impossible, we've got our culprit right there.

Assuming Ryax is innocent and Zeus the killer, you learn Xerxes, Fracie, William, Orange, and Luka are dead. This is the updated list for this scenario:

-Fen Netorius
-Jezz Netorius
-Zeus

We are left with those three.

Assuming Zeus is innocent and Ryax is the killer, you learn Orange and Jezz (and thanks to her, Fen, and thanks to the mother, Fracie and Xerxes) are dead. List for this scenario:

-William White
-Ryax Corney

With these two lists, it's not too hard to figure out who it is. All it takes is a read of the story to realize one of those combination of culprits is impossible.
I'll go straight to the point: everyone was together in the parlor during William's and Alex's deaths. Had anyone left, it would have been dirty of me not to have mentioned so. I'm a fair person, so do keep that in mind.
Anyway, from those two possibilities, there is only one that fits the criteria of "one of the characters has to be outside the parlor": the second one.

In other words, Ryax is the culprit. Along with William.
To figure out the howdunnit all you need is to read the purples now that you have everything... but I'm not going to get into that. Just remember culprits can lie.
I will admit some murders contain two possibilities... albeit one possibility will always be simpler and logical than the other. Always take the logic route.

After a person was to solve this, this ending was supposed to show:

As the three left examined the poor corpse of Jezz, they scratched their heads as they theorized how all of this happened.

Zeus: "Hey, I've been thinking..."
Ryax: "What is it? If it's a clue to find the bastard who did this, then say it!"
Zeus: "...I believe Jezz was right. Someone fought with Tech, so the culprit should have been damaged. And yet, looking at each other we can tell none of us are wounded. I'm also certain whoever fought with either Fen or Luka got shot, but allow me to repeat, none of us are wounded."
Yarn: "Well, yes... What are you trying to say?"
Zeus: "...Someone may have faked their death, and one of us could be their accomplice."
Ryax: "What are you saying?! Are you really trying to get us to doubt each other NOW?! A nineteenth person must have done this!"
Zeus: "...To confirm a 19th person really exists, would you two mind going with me to every room to check if all the bodies are still in their respective place?"
Ryax: "But the police has to investigate! We can't tamper with the scenes!"
Zeus: "Don't worry, all we will do is unlock the doors and peek into rooms. We won't touch anything, so there's no problem at all. Let's go."

As Yarn nodded to Zeus' words and Zeus began heading for the door, the three heard a cough and a groan come from under the study's table. They stared at it for a few seconds, and then a person slowly crawled out.
This person was... William?!

Yarn: "W-William?! Weren't you dead? What's with all those bruises and bumps in your face?! And that gun wound in your leg-"
Zeus: "I was right! No nineteenth person exists! William is the culprit!! And because of Ryax lying about him being dead, he must be his accomplice!!!"
Yarn: "W-W-What...?! Ryax, please tell me this isn't true!"
Ryax: "O-Of course it isn-"

Before anyone could react, William dashed towards Zeus in order to get his hands on the gun, but the servant was quicker and brought his gun's barrel up to William's face.
The murderer could do nothing to stop the incoming bullet about to go through his skull... or so he thought.

*BANG*

A gunshot resonated and Zeus dropped lifelessly to the ground. Ryax stood some feet away, his smoking barrel aiming directly to where Zeus had been standing.
Yarn stared at the body and Ryax in horror and began to shake... She then realized it was 2 v 1, and seeing they could easily kill her, she began to panic.

Yarn: "N-Noo!! I don't want to die!! Someone help!!"
Ryax: "Y-Yarn, this isn't what it seems!"

Yarn rushed to the open window in an attempt to get out but noted it was still raining. The rain made the window seal all slippery, if she tried to leave now she would likely slip and fall to her death.
Her hesitation was her doom, for William quickly got to Yarn and pushed her out the window. Yarn fell from the mansion, and from the tree, headfirst onto the ground.
...She died instantly.

Ryax: "...I was actually planning to let her live and come with us..."
William: "Too much trouble. Let's just sack this place."

The two thoroughly searched the room and found many bags with gold bars inside of them. This is exactly what they wanted.

Ryax: "..."

Now having what they needed, the two headed to the first floor. When William opened the exit's door to start going down the ladder... Ryax pushed him off, and William fell from the tree-mansion to the ground.
Just like Yarn, he died immediately upon crashing with the ground below.
Ryax grinned at the situation before him, he had all the gold for himself...! Though, he quickly got sad when he remembered the person he had done all of this for had been killed. Not caring and forgetting his initial plan, he began to go down the ladder, planning to get the gold bars William had dropped.
As he descended through the rain, Ryax thought he deserved a punishment for everything he caused, and since god is a nice and benevolent person, his wish was granted.
The ladder snapped in half, likely because of the harsh weather it had been forced to endure. But how it ended up destroyed does not matter, what does matter is that Ryax was a human being and could not fly. The only thing our last little human could do was be in midair, waiting for his death as he looked at the stormy clouds...

The following day, when the boat man got sick of people to get to shore, he decided to go check what was taking everyone so long. After a long walk, he found the dead bodies of Ryax and William next to a broken ladder.

----

The answer itself is below:

Ryax convinced William in the night to go steal Xerxes' fortune together and keep it to themselves. William, seeing Xerxes had a legit private island, servants, and a mansion, in a tree no less, agreed to this since it was clear Xerxes did have money somewhere in his mansion. But if they stole everything, everyone who had gone to the island would be suspected by the police, and that would certainly be a problem, so they planned to just kill everyone, burn down the mansion in order to fake their deaths if needed be, and then leave the island via boat, bribing the one driving it with money to stay quiet about things.

William and Ryax first entered the servants' room and took the keys to the dining hall and kitchen. They then went over to the kitchen, took some knives, and used them to kill the six people in the dining hall, who were still chatting. Having done that, Ryax hid in the room and had William go sleep to his room. Ryax then locked the dining hall's doors from the inside, locked the kitchen door with the kitchen key, left both keys on the table, and hid under it.

The next day, while William pretended to search the Dining Hall, he made Ryax get out of his hiding spot, and then told everyone there was no one hiding in the room.

As for the second murders, when William split up with Orange, he went downstairs to the first floor, and the first thing he did was enter the servants' room to get the basement key. He quickly left before Zeus came with Ryax to investigate and entered the basement, where he killed both Flaming and Sarah with his knife. After finishing with the deed, he just left the basement, locked the door with the key, and left to where he was supposed to be investigating.
When everyone entered the basement to check the bodies, William dropped the key to the room next to the bodies. Ryax saw this and lied about the key being there when the door was opened.

In the third murder, William took one of the winchesters and left the parlor with Alex. On the second floor, he forced the doctor to enter William's room and stabbed him to death with his knife, dropping it next to him. He took out Alex's key from the corpse's pocket, dropped it next to it, left the room, and locked the door with his room key. William ran to Alex's room, locked the door from the inside, made a mess out of the room, threw down the closet to make it sound like a gun had been shot, laid on the floor, and put the key to William's room next to him.
When everyone arrived to the scene, Ryax lied about William being dead.

Fourth murder, William peeked through the keyhole and saw Orange go upstairs alone. He first went to get the knife he had used to kill Alex in William's room, and then went to Orange's room, finding the owner of the room inside. He was quickly shot down by William. Seeing Orange had a winchester, he swapped his out-of-bullets winchester with Orange's charged one and quickly ran to the bathroom to hide, locking the door from the inside and waiting for an opportunity to arise.

While William was in the bathroom, Tech was kicked out of Fen's room. He felt like going to the bathroom so, after finding the door locked, he entered the servants' room, where he saw Luka and Zeus. Tech took the bathroom's key, and headed off to his destination. When he unlocked and opened the bathroom, he found William inside. William had no other choice but to kill him. The two fought, and Tech managed to snatch William's winchester away from him before William stabbed him four times in the chest.
Tech screamed once stabbed, and he got William out of the bathroom, got in, and locked the door from the inside, dropping the bathroom key in the process.
Meanwhile, William, now being a bit damaged, fearing people may come soon, and knowing Tech would die pretty quickly, decided to hide in the study for the time being.
While investigating the bathroom, Ryax understood something had happened to William because of the condition of the body and decided to say that the winchester next to Tech had no bullets just in case.

For the sixth murders, William had waited for a bit in the study for people to investigate Tech's corpse and leave. While everyone was in the parlor, William headed to the bathroom and found it unlocked. He took the winchester back from Tech and then left, but found Luka and Fen outside in the hallway.
Since he didn't want to fight the two as he was already weak, he tried to kill both stealthily starting by cutting Luka's neck from behind. Sadly, Fen noticed him and shot him. Luckily he was just shot in the leg, so William shot back, hitting her heart.
Knowing he had messed up by making too much noice, he swapped his weapon with Luka's and entered the study. He stood there for a bit regaining energy and thinking of what to do, but to his luck, Jezz entered and locked the door from the inside.
William had no choice but to shoot her, and since it was likely someone would enter soon, he quickly planted the gun in Jezz's hand, opened the window and finally hid under the table. All so they would either think she killed herself or someone killed her and left.
It took them a while, but the people outside eventually broke down the study's door, and inside they found a dead Jezz. Ryax, of course, lied about no one hiding in the room.

This is the truth behind the purple game. Although humans may have won all the magic games, the witch side wins this one this time around.

Hey, even I deserve a win at one point :p

Now, again, thanks everyone for playing.
Congratulations to Zorua, Timur, Multi, and Chemist for having solved all games at the end.

Before this is sent into oblivion, here is a recommendation: read the umineko visual novel! And don't look info on it, there are plenty of spoilers out there! Kind of like Endgame right now.
The moment you access the game's wiki you will be spoiled the answer and will miss out on the beautiful mystery novel that is umineko (it has very original locked rooms! Some tricks were truly not used before), so don't go there either.
Also, don't watch the anime. Nor read the manga, it has bad pacing.

And... that's it. Locked rooms all the way!

William re-appears in the meta world, still screaming and kicking around. He keeps doing that until a certain person walks up to him and kicks his butt.
The detective immediately stops and looks up, startled... it's the wizard.
He looks around, seeing all his childhood friends and the servants standing around the empty space.
...Well, he is still alive, so that must mean something. ...Not really. He can feel from the very deep inside that he is actually dead, he is just a soul now. This is the after life, most likely.
As he gets up, he suddenly gets the urge to look up, and he does. He sees the face of his creator, DJVoxel, who left him to rot in the first game.
The face kinda grows a hand and waves before disappearing.

Well, he is dead, but he is still in the meta world with his friends. Even Ryax is there, even though he is supposed to be the wizard, who is also there.
...But that doesn't matter now, does it?
Since they are in the meta world, they can do whatever they want... it's not like they have to spend their entire lives in the empty space.
William tries his new powers, and materializes the tree mansion out of nowhere.
He then realizes: he can host his own locked room games now! Or just live happy in a mansion.

"...Erm, I may have failed my duty to uncover Xerxes' theft, but," he teleports everyone into the mansion, "I can at least do this much for having failed everyone back at home with that."
And so begins an eternity of playing around, always trying new scenarios and characters.
At one point, Jezz even discovers a way to exit this meta world and enter another, with other people playing there...

Overall, they have their own happy ending.
In the meantime, the police investigation of what happened on that island remains remains unclear... it's labeled as an unfortunate accident, but no one has a clue of what happened... This of little relevance now, however.

Now it truly is the end. We had a good time.
Remember to not go to a private island with a mansion, people!
Someone is sure to die: as wherever a detective goes, misfortune surely follows.

After all is said and done, there is only one thing left to do.
That is correct!
We gotta end this with the game's catchphrase:
Spoiler: When the seagulls cried, there were no survivors.

The end.
Segaco#3884
Segaco
Godfather
Godfather

Previous

Return to Completed/Abandoned Games