Secret Hitler IV - Love Is War - [Canned]

A place for old, unplayed, and completed games go to lie.

Secret Hitler IV - Love Is War - [Canned]

Postby AlbanixAnubibus » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:14 pm

Everyone believes that falling for someone...
Confessing your love...
Becoming a couple is the most wonderful thing in the world.

But they're wrong!

In every couple, there is an imbalance of power!
The exploiter and the exploited!
The giver and the taker!
The winner and the loser!

If you want to maintain your dominance...
You must not become the loser!

Love is War!

Secret Hitler IV - Love is War

This is a thread for Secret Hitler, copypasted from Chemist's (and by extension Rick's) version, with some modifications. Rules are as follows:

1. As always, if you are not a living player in this thread, strictly, please do not post here.

2. Standard Forum Mafia rules apply. Do not spam, do not be disrespectful, no angleshooting, no intentional gamethrowing, no screenshotting your role card, the whole shebang. Anything I might yell at you for in any other social deception game, I'm probably going to yell at you for here. So please don't.

3. No outside communication of any kind. Even if you are a member of the informed minority. All communication between players will happen in this thread only. Any communication outside of this thread will happen only between you and myself. There will be no means for the Red Team to talk to each other besides where all the Blue Team Members can see you. If you're going to attempt to tell your Linchpin who his teammates are, the Blue Team is going to know that this happened. Don't do that.

4. Please make at least one post of reasonable content every phase. If you do not, I will prod you. This means you must contribute at least one actual game content post to the game every phase, or I will poke you. If I have to prod you three times, or if you do not respond to the prod within the next phase, you will be replaced.

5. The Phases for this game will work as follows:

- Government Phase lasts 12 hours until 3
Red policies have been played.
- After 3
Red policies have been played, Government Phase extends to 24 hours.
- If the President has not chosen a Candidate before the final 6 hours of Government Phase, one will be chosen for them.
- After I have received all votes on that President and Vice-President via PM, the Government Phase ends and I will reveal the result of the vote. Your vote is public information.
- If government passes, a 12-hour Policy Enactment Phase begins. The President must make their decision within those 12 hours. Within those 12 hours, the Vice-President must inform me which policy they will play should they get one
Red and one Blue policy.
- If you don't submit an action during Policy Enactment at all, I will make one for you depending on your alignment.
- The game thread will remain locked during the entire duration of a Policy Enactment phase.
- If a
Red policy is enacted, a 12 hour Special Power phase begins, and the elected President must use the power. The Game Thread will reopen at this time. Once the power is used, the action is locked, and I inform the President or the group of any results. After this, a new Government Phase begins.
- The Blue Team Wins if they pass 5 Blue Policies, or expell the Red Team Linchpin.
- The Red Team Win if they pass 6 Red Policies, or elect their Linchpin as Vice-President after 3 Red Policies have been enacted.

6. The flavor for this game is based off the manga Kaguya-Sama: Love is War. I have ensured that flavor arguments will not work.

Game Information and Play Procedure:

The Basics of the Game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbGXIDYdtas

For a 10 Player Game, this will be the Policy Track boards we will be using for this game:

Blue:
- - - - -
Red:
P P S E E -

P = Party Membership Peek.
S = Special Election.
E = Expulsion.

The Policy Deck will begin holding 11 Red policies and 6 Blue policies.

How Phases Work:

Government Phase:

The President will say: /nominate X as Vice-President.
This Vice-President cannot have been the previously elected President or Vice-President of the previous policy.
After this, the nomination is made final. The President cannot change their mind, even if they wish to vote No on their own pick later.

After this, players may then vote on the pick. Please send me a vote on your Discord Private Table, saying either a Yes or a No. When you have done this, make sure to ping me (Alba~nix Ā~nubibus#8839) so that I will be notified that you have voted for this phase.

Once I have received everyone's votes for this phase, it will end, and the results of the vote will be revealed. If you do not vote and the clock runs out, you will be counted as a No. How you voted will be public information, so be aware of this!

If the vote passes, the Government is elected, and Policy Enactment Phase will begin.

If the vote fails, then the Presidency advances down one step to the next candidate, and the next Presidential Candidate must now pick during a new Government Phase. The Election Tracker will advance one step to the right. Tied votes are considered to be failed votes.

If the Election Tracker reaches the rightmost space of the Blue track, it will retreat three spaces back to the left, and the Top Card of Policy Deck will be enacted. After this, any players term locked for the Presidency and Vice-Presidency will no longer be term limited.

Policy Enactment Phase:

The President will receive three cards. Tell me EITHER which one card you would like to discard, OR which two cards you would like to pass to your Vice-President.
At the same time, the Vice-President will inform me which card they will discard should they have a choice.

When the President and Vice-President have made a decision, I may skip their remaining portion of this phase, and begin the next phase of the game.
If your hand would be forced (because all of your cards are either Blue or Red), then in the interest of moving the game along, I may discard one of your policies after a random unspecified amount of time. If I have done this, please do not say so, as it will be considered an angleshooting violation.

Otherwise, if I do not hear from you during Policy Enactment, I will do the following in your place:

If you are a Blue Team Member, I will discard a Red policy.
If you are a Red Team Member or Linchpin, I will discard a Blue policy.

Once the President and Vice-President have enacted a policy, the Election Tracker will retreat to the left most space of the Election Tracker, if it is not already on that space.

Once 5 Red policies have been enacted, Veto Zone is now in effect. This will work as follows:

The President will choose his cards as normal, but may choose to veto the policies.
The Vice-President may, in addition to his pick, choose a scenario in which he wishes to veto the policies.
If the President and Vice-President choose to veto, the policies are discarded.
Otherwise, then the Vice-President must play one of the two policies.
Only the Vice-President's veto vote is made public.

If a President and Vice-President both agree to Veto the policies, then the election tracker advances by one step to the right.

Sample Vice-President Pick PM:
/pick Blue on Red-Blue
/veto on Red-Red

Special Power Phase:

This will always begin after a Red policy is enacted for this game.

The game thread will reopen and the outgoing President must now use the power given to them. Three powers will be in use for this game:

Party Membership Peek, in which the President must view which party the player is a member of;
Special Election, in which the President must choose the next Presidential Candidate for the next government;
Expulsion, in which the President must expell another player.

For any Party Membership Peek, the President must declare in thread which person they will peek, using /view X's membership. I will send the President a PM indicating which Party that player is a member of. The President may then tell the truth, lie, or even withhold, what they saw. You cannot view the Party Membership of a player whose membership has already been viewed.

For any Special Election, the President must choose the next Presidential Candidate by saying /declare X as President. This is a one time, out of turn order, pick of Presidential Candidate. Any person may be chosen for this power with the singular exception of the outgoing President, who must choose any player other than themselves. Whether that Presidential Candidate's government passes or fails, turn order of Presidency resumes with the player below the President who used the Special Election power- even if this player was the chosen President for the Special Election (i.e this may result in the same person being the Presidential Candidate twice).

For any Expulsion, the President must declare the shot in thread by saying /expell X. The chosen player is immediately expelled and can no longer speak. I will announce publically if the chosen player was the Linchpin. If they were the Linchpin, the game immediately ends and the Blue Team has won. Otherwise, the game continues with one less player in the academy.

After any Power has been used, Special Power phase ends. If the game continues, Government Phase begins.
Any power that is not used by the President will be used at complete random.

Role Cards:

There will be 6 Blue Team Members who don't know anyone's role,
3 Red Team Members who know everyone's role,
and 1 Red Team Linchpin who doesn't know anyone's role and holds a Red Team Party Membership Card.

Here are what the role cards for the game will look like:

[Name]

[image]

You are on the Blue Team.

You win if you pass 5 Blue policies.
You also win if the Red Team Linchpin is ever expelled.

[Name]

[image]

You are on the Red Team.

Your other Red Team allies are X, and Y.
Your Linchpin is Z.

You win if you pass 6 Red policies.
You also win if your Linchpin is elected Vice-President after 3 Red policies are enacted.

[Name]

[image]

You are the Red Team Linchpin.

You win if you pass 6 Red policies.
You also win if you are elected Vice-President after 3 Red policies are enacted.

Tips and Tricks: (Courtesy of Rick)

If you are Liberal: (On the Blue Team)

Rick wrote:Do not play this game like it's Mafia, for starters. It is a very different game. While it is useful to have people know who you trust and distrust, sometimes it is better for the group that you put aside your feelings about a particular player being in the government if it helps the group as a whole learn something useful about the players involved.

Before Hitler Zone (three Fascist policies are enacted), get as many people involved in government as you possibly can. The fewer people you know nothing about, the stronger your options become later when your decisions really matter, and make or break your survival in the game. If you are the President in the first few turns of the game, try to make someone Chancellor who will not be President for at least 2 or 3 governments. Try to pick people who have never been picked before. If you know nothing about a player, this is how you learn something about them.

It is a good idea to use a Party Membership peek on someone who will be the next President rather soon, or on someone you know nothing about at all.

Remember that Fascists can lie about anything. They will lie at some point in this game. They might lie about any policy cards they see, as either the President or the Chancellor. They might lie (or even tell the truth) about what Party Membership they saw a person have. Be prepared for any outcome. Fascists are going to try to confuse you into not knowing what actually happened in this game. Because of this, making assumptions, rather than guesses, as to an event that occurred in this game can be extremely dangerous if you weren't actually involved in what happened.

After Hitler Zone, everything changes. At this stage, you're going to want to stick with the people you think are the most likely to be Liberal, and you tend to not want to risk on people you know nothing about. Hitler Zone will be the time that you really need to focus on the people you think are most likely to be Liberal and Fascist when making decisions about who should be in government.

At some point, you might find yourself in conflict with another player, either because your President/Chancellor just lied about what cards you saw, or because someone said your Party Membership is Fascist, or because you saw a Fascist's party membership.

If you are in conflict, try everything in your power to be the obvious Liberal in that conflict. Do everything in your power to make sure your Fascist in your conflict dies first. Try everything you can to figure out what that Fascist wants and doesn't want. Try to determine teammates. Do everything in your power to ensure that the Liberals can rely on you to help them come to the right decisions.

Players in Conflict always contain at least 1 Fascist in the conflict, mechanically. The conflict might be L vs F, or even F vs F, but it's never going to be L vs L. Because of this, you might want to treat these players as being Frozen (do not pick them until Hitler Zone, or ever again) because there is a high chance the person you would otherwise involve would be a Fascist and can cause you further problems.

It is okay to favor people in a Conflict. It is okay to say something like "right now I trust X more than Y", or vice versa. Try not to let that belief cloud your judgment. It is still unwise to let the person you trust get into government if you don't have to risk it.

I strongly recommend against using your Party Membership Peeks on people in conflict. If you get yourself involved, you are now part of the conflict: (L v F v L, [L + L] v F, or [L + F] v F) which would also result in your being frozen with that Conflict because your fellow Liberals won't be able to know if they can trust that you are not just a Fascist also causing more chaos in that conflict.

Never let a person in conflict become President- especially during Hitler Zone. This would risk giving Fascists a crippling amount of power, to manipulate you into trusting them as they elect Hitler, or to throw Liberal policies away, and cause Liberals to die.

During Hitler Zone (3-4 Fascist Policies played), it is okay to risk picking a regular Fascist as Chancellor, rather than risk picking someone you can't rule out as being Hitler. You do not want to pass the government if you are not very confident in the person being a Liberal President. You have two goals in Hitler Zone: Don't elect Hitler as Chancellor, and don't make a Fascist your President.

During Veto Zone (5 Fascist Policies played), you must make sure both people in Government are Liberal, strictly. If a Fascist makes it into either branch, you almost certainly just lost.

Before Hitler Zone begins, neining should be rare- unless a Conflict has been picked. You would probably rather a Conflict get picked, though, if neining that government would otherwise result in a Top Card policy enacted because of three failed governments.

Conversely, it is obviously okay to nein a lot once Hitler Zone begins. It is better to top deck a policy because you've neined too much, than risk Hitler being Chancellor, or a Fascist being president, once Hitler Zone begins.

It is almost always a good idea to always discard Fascist Policies, and always enact Liberal policies. You almost always want to tell the truth about what cards you saw. You always want to tell the truth about the party membership you saw a person have. There are VERY few exceptions to these rules. They are so rare that I won't bother getting into them. Be as Liberal as you can. The more Liberal you are, the more your friends can trust you.

If you are Fascist: (On the Red Team)

Rick wrote:Walk down a tightrope.

Be as Fascist as you can be, without making it abundantly obvious that you are Fascist. Do the most amount of damage you can do while looking as innocent as possible.

If you are the President, if you draw a Liberal Policy, you almost always want to throw that Liberal policy away. If you are the Chancellor, if given the choice to play either a Liberal or Fascist policy, you're probably going to want to play the Fascist policy- especially before Hitler Zone begins (3 Fascist Policies Played).

Lie like a dog. Especially if your President or Chancellor is a Liberal. Claim that you never drew the blue you tossed, when you did. If you claim the blue you tossed, tell everyone that your Chancellor threw it away (i.e "I drew a blue, but THEY were the ones who decided to play the red!") if you are the President. If you are the Chancellor, claim that you never got the blue in the first place (i.e "No, I never got a blue, they gave me two reds!"). For the record, in case it needs to be said: You should lie at some point in this game about something you were involved with. You want to make things as confusing as possible for the Liberals so that they run around in circles unsure of who to trust.

If you draw multiple Liberal policies, it is almost always a good idea to throw one of those away, and claim you drew a red instead. (I.e if you draw 2 Liberal Policies and a Fascist, pass one of each and claim that you drew 2 Fascists and 1 Liberal).

As a group, you and your other Regular Fascists have to play as many Fascist Policies as you can, while blaming the most Liberals for those policies as you can get away with without looking like an obvious team. The more Fascist you are, the more confusion you cause, the more you will allow Hitler to blend in and look like an innocent Liberal, and the better your chances of causing the actual Liberals to either kill each other, or trust Hitler too much.

Some of you are going to want to conflict with other Liberals so that you prevent those Liberals from otherwise doing helpful work for the enemy team. Try not to conflict too much- if all of you are in conflict, then the Liberals will at least have some idea on who to trust once they remove all of you from the equation.

Try to let Hitler know that you're on his Team- if it's safe. The most reliable way of doing this is by playing a Fascist policy when he is the President, and hands you a choice; or by peeking Hitler, and saying that you saw his Liberal party membership. Both decisions carry risks, though. If you're going to do this, the Liberals might find out, so be careful.

After Hitler Zone, if you ever become President, find the best most innocent excuse you can get to throw a blue policy away, just to shoot a Liberal. Shooting a Liberal who was confirmed not to be Hitler is especially great.

At the end of the day, you are the expendable lackeys who are doing all of the work for your glorious leader. Until then- blend in.

If you are Hitler: (Red Team Linchpin)

Rick wrote:In general, read the Liberal aspect of this guide. Follow it as much as you can, with a couple of caveats:

If the Liberals have a lot of Liberal Policies on the board, and there are very few Fascist policies on the board, either the deck is not being kind to your team, or your Fascists aren't doing a good job. You might have to be a bit of a harder Fascist to win in these cases. You may have to toss a few Liberal Policies just to ensure that Fascist Policies get played at all.

If you're feeling brave, you might even decide to conflict another player. You can do this, but I would recommend against doing this- conflicted players are very likely to get shot first, and as you don't know your teammates, you might end up having no idea of knowing whether or not you conflicted a Fascist. An experienced Hitler might be able to use this to their advantage, but many Hitlers will not, and freezing your teammates usually spells disaster. Resorting to conflicting another player should only be used as a final resort, if ever at all.

Generally, you want to appear to be solving the game. You want to be as helpful to the Liberals as you can. You want them to trust you. You want to give them every reason not to kill you. You can't let them win, but if your teammates are doing their job, they're the ones looking more Fascist so that you don't have to.

Be careful about being too eager to share what actions you did. Your team might try to signal you- by playing something a Liberal wouldn't, or by saying something to you that you know for a fact a Liberal would never say (e.g. "I played a red policy on choice" or "I saw your party membership and it said Liberal"). Be careful not to slip something that results in the both of you being outted, or you're in for a very miserable game.

You don't know your teammates. That alone is going to suck- your choices will either make or break all the difference for the Fascists. Try to figure out how much help your Fascists need from you before you try to act like a Fascist. Until then, always look as Liberal as you can.

And, if all of the chips turn against you, just remember- this is your destiny, your country!

But, seriously. If you screw up, you're probably the least responsible person for it on your team. :)

Signups:
  1. Chemist1422
  2. UzayAltay
  3. NDM

Tenative Signups:
  • timurtheking

Discord Server for Private Tables:

Best of luck. The fate of our prestigious academy--if you care--rests in your hands!
Last edited by AlbanixAnubibus on Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:11 pm, edited 7 times in total.
AlbanixAnubibus
Jester
Jester

Re: Secret Hitler IV - Love Is War - [Signups] (0/10)

Postby AlbanixAnubibus » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:23 pm

Reserved.
AlbanixAnubibus
Jester
Jester

Re: Secret Hitler IV - Love Is War - [Signups] (0/10)

Postby UzayAltay » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:59 am

In
46-46 Spoiler: Town Games(27-32)

NFM50,NFM51,NFM52,14D,14E, NFM54 ,14H (AF), 14G, NFM 55, NFM 56, 15C, NFM 57, NFM 58,15F,SFM45,16B, VFM36, 16D , SFM 47 , VFM38, NFM62 , 16G ,VFM 39, EpisodeXVII, 17B , 17C , VFM44 , 17D , 17F,18C,18D,18E,VFM55,VFM57,SFM64, 19C,VFM58,VFM59 ,19D,VFM60,SFM66,SFM67,VFM64,SFM70,VFM69,XX7,XX9, VFM71,VFM72, VFM73, VFM74, 21A,VFM75,VFM76,XX14,VFM77,XX16,VFM78,VFM79

Scum Games (19-14)

NFM 48 , NFM 49 , TFM 65 ,TFM 66 , Episode XV ,TFM68 ,VFM 34, NFM61 , VFM42 , SFM53, VFM43,17E,VFM49,SFM60,CFM19,VFM54, EpisodeXIX, SFM63, 19E, 19F ,VFM62 ,VFM63,XX3,VFM66,XX5,VFM67,XX6,SFM72,XX8,VFM70,XX10,SFM76,SFM80
UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner

Re: Secret Hitler IV - Love Is War - [Signups] (1/10)

Postby AlbanixAnubibus » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:48 am

Phases have been changed to 12/12 to streamline the game. Government Phases in Hitler Zone are 24 hours.
Phase start and end times should be around 1:00-2:00 AM/PM UTC.
AlbanixAnubibus
Jester
Jester

Postby timurtheking » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:33 pm

/maybe join
Check out my ideas:
The Philosophers (New Faction)
Witch Change/buff

Just remembering the good times when this forum was alive :))

Best known for; hosting The Room FG series and being the Right Hand of Game's Hub
timurtheking
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Chemist1422 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:23 pm

/join
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Re: Secret Hitler IV - Love Is War - [Signups] (2.5/10)

Postby AlbanixAnubibus » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:52 pm

I'll give this a few more days; if it doesn't get at least 2 more players by then, I'm canning it.
AlbanixAnubibus
Jester
Jester

Re: Secret Hitler IV - Love Is War - [Signups] (2.5/10)

Postby NDM » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:06 am

/join
Spoiler: Thanks Archo and sorry for rushing you

Anyone who thinks they can debate me without evidence cannot win a debate. Anyone who just uses one quote as a point shows they are the failure, and prove the opposing side.

I suck at grammar. I admit it. Grammar is my lowest subject, compared to my math, reading, writing, science and history.
NDM
Godfather
Godfather

Re: Secret Hitler IV - Love Is War - [Signups] (3.5/10)

Postby AlbanixAnubibus » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:11 pm

Canned.
AlbanixAnubibus
Jester
Jester

Re: Secret Hitler IV - Love Is War - [Signups] (3.5/10)

Postby timurtheking » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:57 am

AlbanixAnubibus wrote:Canned.

F

sorry it couldn't fill
Check out my ideas:
The Philosophers (New Faction)
Witch Change/buff

Just remembering the good times when this forum was alive :))

Best known for; hosting The Room FG series and being the Right Hand of Game's Hub
timurtheking
Sponsor
Sponsor

Return to Completed/Abandoned Games