The Mayor Game- Signups (1/11)

A place for old, unplayed, and completed games go to lie.

The Mayor Game- Signups (1/11)

Postby mdb1023 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:34 pm

Hey there! Have you ever wanted to win an election? To have unbridled control over the fate of an entire town? To screw over the people who voted you into power? These are the goals of every politician, and now this is you chance to live the dream! Introducing a game stolen from Mafia Universe: The Mayor Game. And don't worry everyone who played town of salem pre-2016 (if there's even any of you left anymore, I might be one of the only ones), this IS NOT like the Mayor games in Town of Salem where the Mayor revealed and everyone whispered their roles. In this game, there are no roles, no alignments, and no whispering! It's every man woman or other gender identity for themselves! Here's how the game works:

Each round will last roughly 48 hours: 36 hours for the Day phase and 12 hours for the Night phase (I use the term day and night strictly for distinguishing between phases). During the day players may vote for someone to be the Mayor of Salem. You will vote as you would in Forum Mafia: by doing /vote [playername] in bold. You may change your vote as many times as you would like throughout the day. Once the end of the day is reached, the player with the most votes becomes the mayor. They will have the duration of the night phase (12 hours) to PM me their choice of who they would like to eliminate from the game. During the night phase, each player gets to make one AND ONLY ONE post to plead their case if they so choose. In the event of a tied vote, the most recently eliminated player will get to decide who is eliminated. If this happens during the first round, the first eliminated player will be chosen at random. Oh, and in the event that the chosen mayor does not PM me a choice of who to eliminate before the end of the night phase, they will be #cancelled for not doing their job and eliminated from the game! This pattern continues until only 2 politicians are left in the game, at which point the 9 eliminated politicians will vote for who played the best game. This will be done similar to Survivor- an open discussion here on the thread.

Rules:
1) no salt, remember this is just a game and it's meant to be fun.
2) no homophobia, racism, sexism, or any other "ism" of negative connotation will be tolerated.
3) no outside communication- all discussion must happen on the thread. No exceptions!
4) All votes must be bolded and in their own paragraph and outside of spoilers. Failure to do so may result in your vote not counting.
5) If you do not make meaningful contribution to the game during any one 24 hour period, you will be prodded. 3 prods and you're out. There will be no replacements in this game.

to join, simply do /join on the thread, and note whether you'd like to receive game notifications via discord or forum PM!

Players:
1) Chemist1422
Last edited by mdb1023 on Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Discord: Finn#5059

http://www.twitch.tv/mikeakafinn?sr=a

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Re: The Mayor Game- Signups (0/11)

Postby Chemist1422 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:26 am

/in
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Re: The Mayor Game- Signups (1/11)

Postby mdb1023 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:57 pm

no one is signing up so I think we're gonna can this.
Discord: Finn#5059

http://www.twitch.tv/mikeakafinn?sr=a

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Return to Completed/Abandoned Games