BtM T15 - GAME OVER! Broker wins!

A place for old, unplayed, and completed games go to lie.

Re: BtM T15 - All and Only - Dinner Phase 4 [3/13]

Postby sunfirejr » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:24 pm

/switch with caterpillar

Avatar and signature provided by AaronC, thanks Aaron (Slighly editied by me for a bit)

Sometimes i post
sunfirejr
Jester
Jester

Re: BtM T15 - All and Only - Dinner Phase 4 [3/13]

Postby Blackajack » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:12 am

Since we're all done I'll be ending phase sooner than normal today.

Spoiler: Image
Blackajack
Jailor
Jailor

BtM T15 - All and Only - Challenge Phase 5 (2/15)

Postby Blackajack » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:22 pm

Dinner Phase 4 Results:

Switches (in order, yes this is randomised):
The Narwhal will switch with the Caterpillar
The Caterpillar will switch with the Gorilla
The Gorilla will switch with the Caterpillar

Guesses:
None

Further Information:
Spoiler: The Caterpillar has been Poisoned!

Gifts wrote:NDM - The Narwhal: 1/5 Deny/ 0/3 Encore/ 0/2 Reserve/
sunfirejr - The Gorilla: 1/5 Deny/ 0/3 Encore/ 0/2 Reserve/Guess Immunity/
UzayAltay - The Turritopsis dohrnii: 1/5 Deny/ 0/3 Encore/ 0/2 Reserve/ Reversaled by a Soldier
PokemonKidRyan - The Swan: 1/5 Deny/ 2/3 Encore/ 1/2 Reserve/ Magically Killed
tardispaten - The Smiling Dragon: 1/5 Deny/ 0/3 Encore/ 0/2 Reserve/ Murdered
destawaits - The Pufferfish: 3/5 Deny/ 0/3 Encore/ 1/2 Reserve/ 'Honourably' slain
TheNiceOne16 - The Fox: 1/5 Deny/ 0/3 Encore/ 2/2 Reserve/ Revealed as a Blackmailer
FirstToGetThisName - The Parrot: 0/5 Deny/ 0/3 Encore/ 1/2 Reserve/ Executed
TheLastEvangelist - The Caterpillar: 1/5 Deny/ 0/3 Encore/ 0/2 Reserve/ Poisoned
Chemist1422 - The Eagle: 1/5 Deny/ 0/3 Encore/ 0/2 Reserve/ Executed
cupcakeaj2 - The Duck: 2/5 Deny/ 0/3 Encore/ 0/2 Reserve/ Revealed as an Author
DJVoxel - The Cobra: 3/5 Deny/ 0/3 Encore/ 0/2 Reserve/ Revealed as a Musician
Bluedetroyer - The Dog: 2/5 Deny/ 1/3 Encore/ 0/2 Reserve/ Poisoned

A new round has begun
It is now the challenge phase
48h remain

Blackajack
Jailor
Jailor

Re: BtM T15 - All and Only - Challenge Phase 5 [2/13]

Postby NDM » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:41 pm

/challenge Gorilla Dance
Spoiler: Thanks Archo and sorry for rushing you

Anyone who thinks they can debate me without evidence cannot win a debate. Anyone who just uses one quote as a point shows they are the failure, and prove the opposing side.

I suck at grammar. I admit it. Grammar is my lowest subject, compared to my math, reading, writing, science and history.
NDM
Godfather
Godfather

Postby sunfirejr » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:57 pm

/deny
/no challenge
come on why would I do anything else
I will be guessing you now. so your fate has been sealed

Avatar and signature provided by AaronC, thanks Aaron (Slighly editied by me for a bit)

Sometimes i post
sunfirejr
Jester
Jester

Postby NDM » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:01 pm

There is still a way I can win.

Anyone who thinks they can debate me without evidence cannot win a debate. Anyone who just uses one quote as a point shows they are the failure, and prove the opposing side.

I suck at grammar. I admit it. Grammar is my lowest subject, compared to my math, reading, writing, science and history.
NDM
Godfather
Godfather

BtM T15 - All and Only - [1/13]

Postby Blackajack » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:06 pm

Both the Narwhal and the Gorilla has agreed to end the game.

A post declaring the winner will be made promptly. Everyone can post now. Thank you all for playing.

Blackajack
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Chemist1422 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:07 pm

thanks guys
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

BtM T15 - GAME OVER! Broker wins!

Postby Blackajack » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:57 pm

Clink, clink did the chains go. Clink clink.

The Narwhal, controled yet prideful in his stride, was accompanied by two armed guards. His fingernails had already been shattered the previous night for the use of magic; something that was forbidden by ancient laws. Suffice to say, no country would ever accept an oppressive mage as their king.

Metal echoes against wood as the footsteps turn to the newly drawn yellow carpet. Regal and fresh like the pines of a far off isle. The game had been won, and the people - or rather the players - had spoken.

Soon, the hallway ends with a set of large double oak doors, accompanied by guards. Swinging open slowly revealed a large, empty room. Cold stone accompanied the yellow carpet, trailing away towards a now-filled throne. On top, fist on cheek, was the figure that had consigned the Narwhal to death; the Gorilla. Understandably expressionless and vague, the Gorilla watched the Narwhal be brought before him by his now owned military.

With a force that could only be a kick, the Narwhal's legs buckled as he forcefully knelt to the ground. Now he staired at the blackened toes of another he recognised. Raising his head, the Narwhal recognised the stilled face of the executioner from the game weeks ago, now 'royal'. His axe was placed below - not above mind you - his neck, the grand executioner's foot a little close for comfort.

"Well?" the Gorilla decreed. "You have a right for last words." The Narwhal found the proposition once agreeable, now very aggrivating.

The Sourcerer raised his head to glare at the gorilla. The force on his head would not allow him to see the mask; only the waist at most. Eyes unable to meet his mask, he vigorously spat in the direction of the king. Not one moved to his rebellious nature. Wizards were always uncultured in their eyes.

There is a brief, ever silent delay as death prepares his next visit. "Very well." the King concluded. "Headsman, if you would."

In a single movement, the headsman's foot dissapears from the Sourcerer's sight. In that same moment, the great weight of the sourcerer's mortal responsibilities - as well as the weight on his head was lifted. The axehead to his neck pressing slightly to his neck, stiffling some breath. Cold. Firm. Calous. Uncaring.

Right. The Narwhal no longer cared. He closed his eyes, listening to the silent of stone against leather.

It is delightful, in a sense.

The last thing the Narwhal hears is the crunch of a foot across his temple as his neck collides with the axehead.

------

He'd always had to settle for warm wine.

The king gazed solumnly across the pavillion towards the plaza, now his. Only yesterday was it filled with his subjects for his listing of decrees. It was swift and determinate. The day before, he personally rung the head of his only competition. Good times. Another sip; fruity. Fragrant.

He moved away from the table towards his desk. It was filled with large stacks of parchment to determine the fates and futures of his kingdom. He picked up his favourite coin and gazed at it.

Not real gold. But he had real gold. Previously he was only trading. Now he's the supplier. Huh. Never been the supplier before.

The Broker flips the coin. Heads, he'll be kind. Tails, who cares. In fact, he doesn't even bother catching it. Why should he? He shouldn't limit himself to his choices; that's how he stays rigid. That's no good. Sacrifice too much to get here. Can't play it wrong. Can never play it wrong.

He stopped. He pondered to himself; am I ready for this? Can I play it wrong? The wine argued otherwise.

The king staired wistfully out the window again. One sunrise at a time. One sunrise. Before I go beyond it.

If.

...Maybe.

Your winner is The Gorilla, sunfirejr, the Broker!

Rolelist:
Last edited by Blackajack on Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blackajack
Jailor
Jailor

Re: BtM T15 - All and Only - [1/13]

Postby Blackajack » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:57 pm

Modrant

Where to begin...

Switches
There needs to be a long term solution to switches. One solution is find a way to remove them to streamline the game. Another I've seen is to make switches private. I'm open to ideas.

Vote ties
Definitely won't be doing the vote tie rules for this game ever again. As for an alternative, fortunately it is fairly simple. One idea is to only execute the first voted up. Another more interesting idea is to kill all tieing individuals.

Cheater
Very easy to reveal, but not simple to kill. Despite everyone learning the cheater fairly early, he managed to survive to the final 3 simply because they didn't focus him down. Not sure if thats healthy design or not. Also some clarification with his abilities.

Broker
Difficult to tell. Obviously impossible to combat late effectively hence the win. Perhaps a little too strong.

Pharmacist
Difficult to tell. Only lived one round. However, the anti-vote drug had some design issues.

Author
Difficult to tell. Only lived one round.

Timeframe
Once again the timeframe seems solid. We didn't have any leavers, with one expection who died the same phase they would leave. Issue with speed of games, but ultimately the timeframe is comfortable.
Last edited by Blackajack on Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blackajack
Jailor
Jailor

Re: BtM T15 - GAME OVER! Broker wins!

Postby sunfirejr » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:03 pm

well this is my first win, and i feel pretty good about it. thanks Parrot for the help!

Sometimes i post
sunfirejr
Jester
Jester

Postby NDM » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:07 pm

See I won!

NDM
Godfather
Godfather

Postby FirstToGetThisName » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:38 pm

sunfirejr wrote:well this is my first win, and i feel pretty good about it. thanks Parrot for the help!

No problemo :ok_hand:
FirstToGetThisName

Postby PokemonKidRyan » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:09 pm

As soon as NDM revealed, I knew everyone's roles including Dog x3
GGs though guys, seriously~
Was a fun game!
My personality:

My alts were EdwardMidford and TsuchiyaTenaka. I apologise profusely for being bad and hiding behind them. I ask for forgiveness but know that won't be a simple feat. Please stop bringing up my past, as I'm striving towards a new future. I just sometimes struggle to show that I truly want said change.
PokemonKidRyan
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby NDM » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:41 pm

GG

NDM
Godfather
Godfather

Postby UzayAltay » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:52 am

GG
46-46 Spoiler: Town Games(27-32)

NFM50,NFM51,NFM52,14D,14E, NFM54 ,14H (AF), 14G, NFM 55, NFM 56, 15C, NFM 57, NFM 58,15F,SFM45,16B, VFM36, 16D , SFM 47 , VFM38, NFM62 , 16G ,VFM 39, EpisodeXVII, 17B , 17C , VFM44 , 17D , 17F,18C,18D,18E,VFM55,VFM57,SFM64, 19C,VFM58,VFM59 ,19D,VFM60,SFM66,SFM67,VFM64,SFM70,VFM69,XX7,XX9, VFM71,VFM72, VFM73, VFM74, 21A,VFM75,VFM76,XX14,VFM77,XX16,VFM78,VFM79

Scum Games (19-14)

NFM 48 , NFM 49 , TFM 65 ,TFM 66 , Episode XV ,TFM68 ,VFM 34, NFM61 , VFM42 , SFM53, VFM43,17E,VFM49,SFM60,CFM19,VFM54, EpisodeXIX, SFM63, 19E, 19F ,VFM62 ,VFM63,XX3,VFM66,XX5,VFM67,XX6,SFM72,XX8,VFM70,XX10,SFM76,SFM80
UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner

Postby Blackajack » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:49 am

Modrant added.

Blackajack
Jailor
Jailor

Postby PokemonKidRyan » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:43 am

The "more interesting idea" does highly concern me for vote ties.
Since it means people will likely aim TO tie the votes if possible should that be implemented.
The first past the post idea would work and has been used before IIRC.
My personality:

My alts were EdwardMidford and TsuchiyaTenaka. I apologise profusely for being bad and hiding behind them. I ask for forgiveness but know that won't be a simple feat. Please stop bringing up my past, as I'm striving towards a new future. I just sometimes struggle to show that I truly want said change.
PokemonKidRyan
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby Chemist1422 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:46 am

Could have a challenge between them (without specifying what kind of challenge probably) and have the loser die
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Re: BtM T15 - All and Only - [1/13]

Postby FirstToGetThisName » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:53 am

Blackajack wrote:Switches
There needs to be a long term solution to switches. One solution is find a way to remove them to streamline the game. Another I've seen is to make switches private. I'm open to ideas.
Cannot switch with someone who has already switched plates, unless they switched plates with you or their plate was returned? (Receiving a plate from someone doesn't stop you from giving their plate to someone else) (Thief switch ignores this rule, and does not impact the rule (e.g. if A switches with B, then Thief switches with A, B can get Thief's plate by returning A's plate. If they don't, noone can take Thief's plate from A))
(Wait, has someone already done this?)

Blackajack wrote:Vote ties
Definitely won't be doing the vote tie rules for this game ever again. As for an alternative, fortunately it is fairly simple. One idea is to only execute the first voted up. Another more interesting idea is to kill all tieing individuals.
Although, if you execute the first voted up, it can cause allegiance v allegiance situations to break in favor of who was more hasty. If you kill all tieing individuals, players may try to force a tie to kill more enemies if alliances haven't formed yet.
Other ideas:
Disable Guess Immunity: Speaks for itself. Take it further: voters for each player get special free guesses to be used specifically on the one they voted (can be used alongside actual Free Guess/DSG), only the player with the most correct guesses against them dies? Non-zero ties broken with first past the post? (Although... in this case this results in a reveal when it would've just been a normal execution...)
Most consolation prizes. If there are lottery tickets involved, each wasted lottery ticket increases your vote by 0.0001, each winning one decreases it by 0.01.
Most guesses: Same as most consolation prizes, except with (correct? missed? either?) guesses adding 0.01 to your vote. (Maybe 0.01 for missed, 0.0101 for correct?)
Tiebreak by (hidden?) challenge: May the best dueler/dancer win! (A blacksmith, a Knight and a Musician walk into a ballroom...)
Tiebreak by special tiebreak list: A list that is separate from the duel/dance lists determines who wins. Roles that are harder to win as end up higher on this list.
(I personally don't support this last one, but...) Tiebreak by RNG
Tiebreak by auction: "We accept bids in denies, gift reserves, plate switches (assuming those cost a gift rather than being free), to-be-rewarded gifts from today's challenge phase. Any voter may bid."
Tiebreak by bribery
FirstToGetThisName

Postby Cenvil2 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:59 am

To be honest, tiebreak by RNG is the most fair solution (and easiest),
This way no one will gain benefit, just because they were taste.

The other method. (Which may sounds chaotic at first) voting anonymous. This way there might be less sheeping the most popular wagon effect. I might try this in one of my future games.
Cenvil2
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner

Postby Whatsuppeople » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:43 pm

Cenvil2 wrote:To be honest, tiebreak by RNG is the most fair solution (and easiest),
This way no one will gain benefit, just because they were taste.

The other method. (Which may sounds chaotic at first) voting anonymous. This way there might be less sheeping the most popular wagon effect. I might try this in one of my future games.

I believe in one of the Upicks there was a role that made it so votes weren't revealed at all and the player with the most votes died. Could be a change as well to votes and would fit a bit with the theme of deception. Not knowing if your 'ally' voted for you or not could create discord in alliances.
Whatsuppeople

Postby Blackajack » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:29 am

I agree/disagree with some of the ideas here.

Just to make sure the correct channels are used, any further discussion on these matters should be moved for discord and/or the BtM Hub.

Thank you again all for playing. Will be locking up now.

Blackajack
Jailor
Jailor

Previous

Return to Completed/Abandoned Games