Still need help...

Still need help...

Postby HorribleGameplay » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:50 pm

What do I have to do to get help with logging into the PTR? I've paid money in support of this game and now I need help trouble shooting and there's no one that can do anything?
HorribleGameplay
Jester
Jester

Re: Still need help...

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:16 pm

The Devs are really the only people who can actually help you, and they're busy trying to get the kinks ironed out of their DLC before it goes live soon. While paying money to support them is a good thing and they're probably thankful, they can't stop everything to help a few people when they're trying to release a DLC for a lot more than just a few. You'll have to wait for a Dev to swing by here again, which they've been trying to do. Also, while playing the PTR is neat and allows for bug testing to help the Devs, it isn't everything. Not being able to access it isn't the end of the world, unless you don't plan on buying the DLC.
canadian joker says a lot aboot society

Riskka#1854
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby HorribleGameplay » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:28 pm

HereThereEverywhere wrote:The Devs are really the only people who can actually help you, and they're busy trying to get the kinks ironed out of their DLC before it goes live soon. While paying money to support them is a good thing and they're probably thankful, they can't stop everything to help a few people when they're trying to release a DLC for a lot more than just a few. You'll have to wait for a Dev to swing by here again, which they've been trying to do. Also, while playing the PTR is neat and allows for bug testing to help the Devs, it isn't everything. Not being able to access it isn't the end of the world, unless you don't plan on buying the DLC.

While I completely understand where you're coming from and get that they are busy, the problem is that it's not only on the PTR, I have the same problem on the Live server and can only log in on a tablet for some strange reason. Also, I'm not the only person with this problem. I'm assuming that the vast majority must not be having this problem or else they would have done something about it.
HorribleGameplay
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:33 pm

What message do oyu receive when trying to login to the live version?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby HorribleGameplay » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:37 pm

Jerme wrote:What message do oyu receive when trying to login to the live version?

disconnected.
HorribleGameplay
Jester
Jester

Postby Belshy » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:48 pm

Is it possible it's just a connection error on your end?

I was having trouble logging into the PTR because it's browser-based and my connection was not great, but I was able to log into live because I play on Steam. Recently this has changed for me as my connection has improved. If you have a laptop perhaps you could try bringing it elsewhere and trying again? Even a close coffee shop might be a better connection just to test. If you don't have a laptop my best suggestion would be to restart your modem and router, and if possible, move it closer and away from other connected devices which can sometimes interfere.

This is only relevent if you play browser-based, however. I find that Steam being much faster, I rarely have problems logging in. In the event that you're having issues logging in on Steam it's an entirely different matter and many steps you can take.

My best suggestion is that if nothing else, you can contact an administrator directly through Email, as that's your best bet versus trying on the forums. My guess is your connection, however, unless there is actually some problem with your account, though I'm quite sure you'd have been notified otherwise.
Hollr wrote:Also I lost -12 elo as surv so may I suggest you collectivly engage in intercourse with yourselves.

Spoiler:
Belshy
Witch
Witch

Postby Jerme » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:05 am

Do you get "Disconnected" when you try to login via Steam? If yes, maybe the App has stored an outdated password of yours and clearign the password to replace it with your new one could help.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Belshy » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:20 am

If the problem is on Steam you can clear your steam Cache, uninstall the game, reinstall and it generally works. A pain, but usually a solution. That doesn't explain your PTR trouble, so I still stand by the likelihood that your connection is just not great.
Hollr wrote:Also I lost -12 elo as surv so may I suggest you collectivly engage in intercourse with yourselves.

Spoiler:
Belshy
Witch
Witch

Postby HorribleGameplay » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:55 pm

Belshy wrote:Is it possible it's just a connection error on your end?

I was having trouble logging into the PTR because it's browser-based and my connection was not great, but I was able to log into live because I play on Steam. Recently this has changed for me as my connection has improved. If you have a laptop perhaps you could try bringing it elsewhere and trying again? Even a close coffee shop might be a better connection just to test. If you don't have a laptop my best suggestion would be to restart your modem and router, and if possible, move it closer and away from other connected devices which can sometimes interfere.

This is only relevent if you play browser-based, however. I find that Steam being much faster, I rarely have problems logging in. In the event that you're having issues logging in on Steam it's an entirely different matter and many steps you can take.

My best suggestion is that if nothing else, you can contact an administrator directly through Email, as that's your best bet versus trying on the forums. My guess is your connection, however, unless there is actually some problem with your account, though I'm quite sure you'd have been notified otherwise.

Jerme wrote:Do you get "Disconnected" when you try to login via Steam? If yes, maybe the App has stored an outdated password of yours and clearign the password to replace it with your new one could help.

I have steam as well and logging on steam does the same thing. I'll try again after clearing cache and uninstalling and reinstalling again. As for a connection error on my end, that's highly improbable. I only have issues with this specific game.
HorribleGameplay
Jester
Jester

Return to Archived PTR Posts