Request?

Request?

Postby KaiKyoya » Mon May 29, 2017 10:54 pm

Hello,
Not to be a picky little booger. But won't it be fair to allow this to be open for everyone? I mean I am sure you guys want your money like everyone else. But I would like to play with these roles :( , i understand that some people cheat and such. However, this makes it unfair for the people who cannot buy the expansion packs. We won't get to play with the characters! Now don't you find this a little unfair? I for one think it is. Call me picky . . . but this is very unfair. Bring back the fun, free game I used to love. :'(

Most of my friends have quit because they don't like that they have to pay to play, and they never received their card games after they bought them! Now we have to pay even more? Why not just go back to free?

From a loving player,
KaiKyoya
KaiKyoya

Re: Request?

Postby Jerme » Mon May 29, 2017 11:26 pm

Since your post would've derailed the topic in which it was posted I made it an own thread.
Please adapt the topics title if it does not fit what you'd like to say by editing your post.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby FroggyRose » Tue May 30, 2017 12:23 pm

The original game isn't Pay-to-Play.. It can still be played for free, which is a lot more than can be said for a lot of other games. The expansion pack changes nothing about the original game, besides maybe a few less people who will play Coven. I don't see any reason to quit over something that isn't really changing itself. It's your choice whether to buy the Coven expansion, no one is forcing you to in order to play. The developers and people putting work into keeping this game need to be paid somehow for their work, as with everything else in life.

I don't know why so many people are complaining when the original game isn't going anywhere. People complain there are too many trolls and gamethrowers, and then when putting a price on it to play with others who follow the rules properly, they complain that not everyone can access it. I know it is unfortunate a lot of people who do play properly feel punished by this, but it is a solution to combat a common problem, because unfortunately the internet is full of trolls who need something like this in order to try and stop them. People, especially young people or children, are much less likely to waste money than time.. Having to rebuy something when they are banned is much more of an incentive to stick to rules than just making a new account.

If you want the game cheaper, look out for Steam promotions. I bought ToS on Steam for around £2/$3 on Steam a while ago when it was on sale, which halves the price of the expansion, and overall it'll cost me less than the full $10. Chances are at some point the expansion will also be on promotion at some point in the future.
FroggyRose
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Belshy » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:07 pm

There is a similar post in another thread, but it doesn't make sense to make a game and then give it out for free. Though the Devs are obviously doing all they can, nobody does things for free. ToS right now is not a great profit on behalf of all the people who work on it. There is a lot of time and effort that goes into planning, coding, art, ect. All of these people already basically work for free given what they are expected to do with what little they charge. They game only costs $5 on Steam, and that essentially just pays for your town points that you get free. Making an entirely new DLC game free would make it pointless. Why would they even bother spending the time and effort to make a new game if they didn't want to make some profit out of it? Otherwise, it's a waste of time for a game that already has players. Not to mention, from the perspective of a paid player, I am looking forward to less trash, gamethrowing, and I expect to see a significant decrease in reports from Coven mode...

I will maintain I think it's a steep price initally, and should perhaps be lowered, though definitely not for free, given the response of the Kickstarter, blahblahblah. $10 seems steep, and as a Steam user I'm not even paying that. Having said that though, I will still pay whatever it costs, but that doesn't mean I'm free of complaints.

FroggyRose's comment about finding it on a deal though is true and an excellent suggestion. The downside is you'll have to wait but I believe it goes on sale around July 4th weekend. I'm not sure that the DLC will be on sale then, but the game likely will be and you'll only pay $5 for the expansion then if you buy the game on Steam. Again though, you'll still have to pay, upwards of $5 total likely for the game and DLC, and it's only being released on Steam initially anyway. If you wait long enough, I'm sure the DLC will also go on sale once all the hype dies down.

Asking for free is like trying to get blood out of a stone. Not only is it not going to happen, it's completely unfair to ask for all their time and effort for free.
Hollr wrote:Also I lost -12 elo as surv so may I suggest you collectivly engage in intercourse with yourselves.

Spoiler:
Belshy
Witch
Witch

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:48 pm

The game you know and love(like? Enjoy? Tolerate?) is still free. Only the Coven DLC is going to cost money. You can still play normal non-P2W/P2P(Anyone who says either of these doesn't know what they're talking about) Town of Salem. Why don't you post this on a Minecraft forum? "It's unfair that we have to pay to play your game"? It may not be the best game out there, but they're still putting a lot of time and effort into making it a good game at the very least. $10 might be a little steep, but it's really not a lot of money.
canadian joker says a lot aboot society
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Return to Archived PTR Posts