Buffs And Nerfs of Coven Roles

Buffs And Nerfs of Coven Roles

Postby Aleri » Mon May 29, 2017 10:13 pm

So recently the devs changed the roles a little here and there. I am wondering what everyone thinks of said role changes and what has changed that I might not be aware about yet.

Trapper
Status;; Nerfed
Trapper got a huge nerf it seems. Traps can no longer be disarmed and you can not have a trap ready to place should your trap not be triggered immediately. I personally don't like this nerf. I think it really defeats the point of it being a TP, especially when any random role can trigger your trap and then you have to wait a night after your trap is triggered before you can even replace. I liked Trapper as it was.

Crusader
Status;; Unknown
I have yet to get Crusader since the roles were balanced.

Psychic
Status;; Nerfed
Psychic got a small nerf, in that instead of seeing one confirmed Good, they are given two possible goods. I'm fine with this one myself. Though at the moment the good vision seems to be bugged as the first name is always %name1%

Tracker
Status;; Unchanged
From what I could see there was no changes made to Tracker. I think Tracker is good as is and doesn't need any changes.

Ambusher
Status;; Unknown
I have yet to receive this role since the balance changes were added.

Hypnotist
Status;; Unknown
I only managed to get this role once pre-balance, and I died fairly early on, so I wouldn't be able to tell what even changed if something did.

Guardian Angel
Status;; Unknown
I have yet to receive this role post-balance

Pirate
Status;; Clarified/Buffed
So apparently Pirate roleblocking you wasn't a bug, it was fully intended. I still think it's pretty dumb that a killing role also role blocks you. Does this also mean that Pirate doesn't have to be careful of a Veteran? or because Veteran is immune to roleblocks, can it still alert and kill the Pirate. Same for Medusa. And what of killing roles that kill their roleblockers? Such as WW or SK. Do they kill the Pirate if the Pirate tries to plunder them?

Plaguebearer
Status;; Buffed
YES THE PLAGUEBEARER WAS BUFFED!!! I haven't personally got to play it yet since the role balances came out, but I can't wait to do so. Plaguebearer was at a SEVERE disadvantage not knowing who was Plagued. Hopefully this will give Plaguebearer more of a chance. Honestly I think this is my favorite new role solely because of the lore. I really hope it lives up to that lore. I'll always be rooting for Plaguebearer even if I can't win with them. Also the Pestilence victory screen is pretty neat. Very gangster.

Coven Leader
Status;; Buffed
Yes! The Witch has been rebuffed to see the role of the person they control! I'm very happy to see that. Coven was really at a disadvantage when it came to gathering intel, and when I heard the classic Witch would be getting the same nerf of not being able to see the roles of who they control, I was especially disappointed. I'm glad they brought it back.

Potion Master
Status;; Unknown
I have yet to play this since the balance changes I think.

Medusa
Status;; Nerfed
A much needed nerf indeed, since pre-balance Medusa was a Vet that could alert every night with no downsides since it Janitor cleaned anyone that visited it. I approve.

Poisoner
Status;; Unknown
Haven't played it since the balances

Necromancer
Status;; Unknown
Haven't played it yet

Hex Master
Status;; Unknown
Same as above.

I would like to hear other opinions of the changes and also collect information on what else has been changed. I hope this topic can be useful. I will update this post with information I am missing as it appears.
Aleri
Survivor
Survivor

Re: Buffs And Nerfs of Coven Roles

Postby Aquaterious » Tue May 30, 2017 2:14 am

There should really be some PTR patch notes with how often changes are happening
Aquaterious
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Kinsata » Tue May 30, 2017 2:27 am

Aquaterious wrote:There should really be some PTR patch notes with how often changes are happening

I agree with this. Came here looking for such notes.
Kinsata

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Tue May 30, 2017 12:56 pm

Witch's problem wasn't not knowing who they're controlling, it was dying to teammates. Some people use the stupid argument that being night immune for one night will just get the Witch called out the next day, but that is a hell of a lot better than actually dying. Some people say that you could end up Witching a Medium repeatedly, but a good Witch wouldn't do that, unless they're unlucky and whoever they target gets killed as well. You should be reaction testing, is your target claiming to be Witched? Is the person you controlled them to claiming something? It takes a lot more skill to play without the ability, giving the Consig ability is too easy imo.
canadian joker says a lot aboot society
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Return to Archived PTR Posts