Coven VIP game didn't end but repicked VIP?

Coven VIP game didn't end but repicked VIP?

Postby bisuxual » Mon May 29, 2017 8:28 am

Sadly I didn't get a screenshot because I didn't realize something was wrong until AFTER the game, and so far I haven't been able to replicate the same thing in other games! It was one of my first VIP games so I thought maybe it was a feature until other people mentioned it wasn't.

We were on about a night... 5? or 6? And our VIP died. The game didn't end but selected a different town member as VIP, and the game continued as usual. That way town won and it kinda felt unfair toward the last coven. There have been plenty of other games where the VIP died but it never acted the same way as it did back then. I have no idea what triggers it.
bisuxual

Re: Coven VIP game didn't end but repicked VIP?

Postby HgeanKidNebula » Mon May 29, 2017 11:42 pm

Same thing just happened to me. Was your first VIP stoned?
Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/lT5jZ
HgeanKidNebula
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby NettoTakashi » Tue May 30, 2017 2:00 am

By my understanding, if the VIP leaves the game, they get repicked, to prevent Town from just automatically losing if the VIP leaves. Buuuut it's set up (or was set up) in such a way that, if the VIP gets killed, then leaves the game before the morning death announcements, the fact they left overrides the fact they died, and they get repicked anyway. This is likely the cause of your bug.
NettoTakashi
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Achilles » Tue May 30, 2017 6:58 pm

Working on a fix for this now. Thanks for the bug report!
Achilles
Developer
Developer

Postby Jerme » Wed May 31, 2017 10:18 am

Merged threads covering identical topic
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

VIP leaving Exploit in VIP game mode Beta

Postby TheNinthBest » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:41 am

It is a bit of a recurring issue but in the VIP game mode, if a VIP dies after being attacked but they leave the game either directly after getting the notification that they died or just when it announces that the person that dies, the VIP switches to another person giving the town another chance making it unfair for the Coven.

I don't have screenshots of it but if it happens again I can post screenshots of the even occurring.
TheNinthBest

Coven VIP Mode

Postby xxPRIM3 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:47 pm

I'm reporting a bug that occurred where the VIP died of poison but the game didn't end

The situation was:
Poisoner was killed by crusader on VIP and poisoned VIP - N1
Trapper set a trap and Bodyguard guarded VIP - N2
VIP then dies but game still carries on, He also quit just after the message popped up saying he was found dead.

I hope this helps fix this bug.
xxPRIM3

Coven VIP Mode Question/bug?

Postby p00pb0t » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:39 pm

Just finished a game where the last Coven died but killed the ViP. Since the death of ViP is supposed to be instant town win, shouldn't the Coven have won?
p00pb0t

Re: Coven VIP Mode

Postby Jerme » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:43 pm

When the VIP suicides then the game repicks the VIP. It wil be fixed that whe the VIP dies more than just suicide that the VIP is not repicked.

Also merged with masterthread.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Archived PTR Posts