Taunts are pretty lame.

Taunts are pretty lame.

Postby acire » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:59 am

Taunts aren't very cool. Sort of lame, actually. I thought they were supposed to scare a player into using their ability? Or is it just for something funny during the day?
Maybe I'm not using them correctly? Or is it a bug that they don't work at night?
acire
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Taunts are pretty lame.

Postby Jerme » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:06 am

I think the taunts are more for something funny, but might have a tactical value.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby acire » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:07 am

I can see that. They're just so tiny, I barely noticed it when I was taunted.
acire
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Jerme » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:17 am

acire wrote:I can see that. They're just so tiny, I barely noticed it when I was taunted.

Again, anything on the PTR is not final, so it might be that the taunt gets a bit bigger, so that it is noticeable.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby VincentxGoor » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:17 am

In all honesty taunts are a fun* idea, BUT they have a HUGE problem with them. They cost "Town points" not Merit points. WHO THE FUCK AT BMG THOUGHT THAT IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO MAKE THEM COST REAL FUCKING MONEY. Now granted they are purely cosmetic and I highly doubt that they'll be "useful" in ranked as at the moment all you can do is make a dog piss on someone's leg, turn someone into a frog and make a grave in someone's garden and tbh all they serve as is a means to humiliate another player with no real "tactical advantage". Now I suppose you could say since most games go by this motto that since its cosmetic it can cost money and I get that, I do, but until they make them purchasable by merit points I don't think many players will be going out of their way to buy taunts. I'm certain that BMG plan to add more taunts in if they do get implemented (Which I actually hope they do since I like the idea) and I'm sure some of them will be purchasable by merit points but at the moment they really aren't worth "Town points".
VincentxGoor
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Return to Archived PTR Posts