1.5.9 discarded Transporter update coming in 1.6?

Re: 1.5.9 discarded Transporter update coming in 1.6?

Postby Julien8080 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:01 pm

Kirize12 wrote:Self transports need to be abolished, no question. Not even one self transport, as it's not a protective.

Silent transports for removal of confirmability. It would actually be a pretty god-tier fakeclaim afterwards, which is necessary for such a powerful role, even after being Bayonetta-nerfed.

No transporting jester's guilt either, and don't forger the car crash idea.

Also, if possible and without breaking the OoO, make transports able to be roleblocked.

I think making transports silent and unable to transport Jester guilt would be enough of a nerf. I'm iffy on the self transport thing.

Also, the car crash idea?
Spoiler: Rosebud is the sled.
Spoiler:
Julien8080
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:04 am

If you get rid of self-transport, you will no longer get the auto-wins handed to Mafia and Town, but to all Mafia.

Keep that in mind, as the stalemate detector factors that in before handing a win.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:10 am

Kirize12 wrote:The current situation is that Town wins, and the situation I'm proposing is that mafia wins, as he Mafia can kill the transporter directly.

Why is this a problem?

Because the self-transport gives Town a chance to win when it's Mafioso vs Transporter, and not when it's Godfather vs Transporter?

Let's not have this discussion for the upteenth time here, as there's been countless threads over countless months as to why the stalemate detector is setup this way.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:32 am

However, if you get rid of Transporter's ability to self-transport, which the stalemate detector currently is based off of for those situations, both situations will result in a Mafia win, as there's no reason to remove the ability to self-teleport, even as just one of the two, and still keep the stalemate detector giving wins to the Transporter for surviving when they lost the ability to do so. That's a free win that wouldn't make sense anymore.

I hope I explained that clearly enough. I literally just woke up and need to be going back to sleep soon.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby orangeandblack5 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:27 am

Kirize12 wrote:The solution here is to fix the stalemate detector as well, then.

^duh
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby Myersvandalay » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:50 pm

The one thing I would point out here, while I massively oppose this change if it comes out.

IF bmg wanted this particular change to be implimented, without appearing to oppose the majority opinion, all they'd have to do is add a new poll, and link it in game.

This poll for transporters was 63 for, 17 against.

The spy poll was 7,800 against, 1700 for.

Do you really think the results would be the same if they re-did the poll with it advertised in game? The difference in participation makes it very clear that people who read the forums and pay attention to things, are litterally less than 1% of what would vote in an official poll, and very likely very very unrepresentative fo the masses.
Myersvandalay
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby Julien8080 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:38 pm

Myersvandalay wrote:The one thing I would point out here, while I massively oppose this change if it comes out.

IF bmg wanted this particular change to be implimented, without appearing to oppose the majority opinion, all they'd have to do is add a new poll, and link it in game.

Do you really think the results would be the same if they re-did the poll with it advertised in game? The difference in participation makes it very clear that people who read the forums and pay attention to things, are litterally less than 1% of what would vote in an official poll, and very likely very very unrepresentative fo the masses.

Yeah, many of those people refuse to look past "A Transporter once made me mix up my Invest results and didn't say so, therefore it's a terrible role and should be changed." Which is, of course, the problem.

I sound like an elitist douche, but shouldn't the people who clearly think more in depth about game changes have a greater say than those who don't care to look past the basics of balance? Look at the Spy poll. Aside from those who just posted "No" and left, most of the arguments for "No" were misguided, based on inaccuracies and flimsy logic. for example, :Mafia is already OP" was a common one, and so was "Spy would be powerless without chat". Clearly untrue. I saw maybe three people who posted good and factual arguments for Spy not getting changed, and that's it. However, almost every post for "Yes" was informed, clear, and based on facts and sound logic. Yet most people probably didn't even look at, or think about the arguments for changing it.

I, for one, greatly hope that BMG doesn't put up another game-wide poll.
Spoiler: Rosebud is the sled.
Spoiler:
Julien8080
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby alex1234321 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:53 pm

Julien8080 wrote:
Myersvandalay wrote:The one thing I would point out here, while I massively oppose this change if it comes out.

Yeah, many of those people refuse to look past "A Transporter once made me mix up my Invest results and didn't say so, therefore it's a terrible role and should be changed." Which is, of course, the problem.

I sound like an elitist douche, but shouldn't the people who clearly think more in depth about game changes have a greater say than those who don't care to look past the basics of balance? Look at the Spy poll. Aside from those who just posted "No" and left, most of the arguments for "No" were misguided, based on inaccuracies and flimsy logic. for example, :Mafia is already OP" was a common one, and so was "Spy would be powerless without chat". Clearly untrue. I saw maybe three people who posted good and factual arguments for Spy not getting changed, and that's it. However, almost every post for "Yes" was informed, clear, and based on facts and sound logic. Yet most people probably didn't even look at, or think about the arguments for changing it.

I, for one, greatly hope that BMG doesn't put up another game-wide poll.

I'd be fine with one as long as players vote by saying /support or /nosupport and some people here count the votes and decide what is or is not a valid argument.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby DocExer » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:07 pm

The Transporter notification update was discarded. It should no longer be showing up on the PTR.
DocExer
Developer
Developer

Postby orangeandblack5 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:17 pm

DocExer wrote:The Transporter notification update was discarded. It should no longer be showing up on the PTR.

Oh crap, Doc showed up :D

Haven't seen you in a while. Then again, I haven't been here that much recently myself, and I don't exactly read the Bug Reports forum for fun. :lol:

Either way, this is great news. Thank you very much for the update!
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Previous

Return to Archived PTR Posts