Ranking participation bonus

Ranking participation bonus

Postby Metazoxan » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:59 pm

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet but could players of ranked games earn extra points? Since the games are assumable more challenging giving more point makes sense plus it would make ranked games more appealing to players besides purely extra challenge. Now I'm not saying award a ton of points but maybe just double?

Currently wins are worth 10 while loses are 5 right? maybe in ranked games wins could be 20 while loses 10? As for first win of the day award that could either be left at 25 or bumped up to 50. That way it's only 2 games for the price of one which isn't too much but still makes ranked games far more appealing and gives a reason to pursue the challenge.
Metazoxan
Donor
Donor

Re: Ranking participation bonus

Postby YuriGirl » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:26 am

I'd rather not give an incentive to people to play ranked other than the appeal of climbing the rankings. If someone wants to just casually play a game of ToS, they should go into Custom or Classic or All Any instead of ruining a ranked game because it gives more points.
YuriGirl
Witch
Witch

Postby Metazoxan » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:35 am

YuriGirl wrote:I'd rather not give an incentive to people to play ranked other than the appeal of climbing the rankings. If someone wants to just casually play a game of ToS, they should go into Custom or Classic or All Any instead of ruining a ranked game because it gives more points.

How would they "ruin" a ranked game? They still need 50 games to even get in and the time delay is meant to prevent skype cheating. Sure if they tried hard enough they could still cheat but that is why I said only double points. It's enough to be a nice bonus but not enough to be worth spending an hour trying to get your whole skype group into a ranked game.

I like a challenge once in a while but I also like to get at least a little something for my effort. I'll still play ranked even without double points but I just think it would be really nice to have it. Plus you could leave the first win of the day bonus at 25 and only double the basic points for each win/loss.
Metazoxan
Donor
Donor

Postby Achilles » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:55 pm

The percentage of the user base that purchases Town Points is already incredibly low. Any request asking for extra free Town Points will likely be ignored.
Achilles
Developer
Developer

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:03 pm

The only way I could see this happening is if any of the following become true;

1.) People start purchasing Town Points.
2.) The amount of Town Points earned from winning a game are lowered even more than what they are already (5, and 10, respectively)

Not to mention that the PTR is wiped clean at the start of each update for testing patches, so there really is no reason to give extra Town Points when the PTR will be given a clean slate at the end of things.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mark17 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:54 am

I think they should yes increase the Town Points reward when playing ranked, but not now. Only the there are far more players than now, so they can profit from Town Points purchases.
I love: Digimon, World of Warcraft and the word "concept"
I hate: Random shooting (vet/vig), extremism and signatures (this one included)
Mark17
Doctor
Doctor

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:06 am

Mark, this thread is almost three months old, and it was stated more TP requests are likely to be ignored.

Please don't Necro threads. Read Rule 21 for more information;
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2

Thanks!
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Archived PTR Posts