INVESTIGATOR IS BUGGED

INVESTIGATOR IS BUGGED

Postby atomisten » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:35 am

i saw on myself and many other investigator's lists, is full of "Bodyguard, Godfather, Arsonist". so basically BG/GF. last time a guy was spy, another was mafioso. wtf. this was my notes and villagers executed me for it. (there was a witch in game but no teleporter)

another game an investigator had 5 entries of BG/GF while there was 1 or 2 BG. it is bugged.
atomisten
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: INVESTIGATOR IS BUGGED

Postby Jerme » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:40 am

Was there an Arsonist in the game?
On which server did the "bug" occurr?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby atomisten » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:30 am

arsonist died 2nd round by mafioso and my bugged investigations came up at round 3 5 6. one was a spy, other mafioso, and 6th was something random too. i think it was ranked practice, but not sure, maybe it was just normal.

that game was the reason i wrote this topic, it happened many times already that investigation notes are bugged when it claims to be BG/GF. in my game there was absolutely no way to have it happened unless it was bug.
atomisten
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:36 am

The Arsonists doused are still changing someones results to BG/GF/Arso for the rest of the game, even when the Arsonist is dead.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby dyaomaster » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:26 pm

1) How did the Arsonist die to a Mafioso when the Arsonist is night immune?

2) If you're right, then Arso could have at most 2 douses, yet there were 3 douse frames. That does sound like a bug in RP.
"Research has it that 47% of quotes are fabricated using true statistics."
-Alfred Wolman, 1997

Did I just say something about Coven? Don't trust me, I don't own it.

we need help
dyaomaster
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby Jerme » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:26 am

Wait, when the "Arsonist" died by Mafia n2, then this means that the Mafia killed their own Disguiser, who disguised as the Arsonist....
Anyway, it could also have been a Disguiser that partially meddled with your investigations.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby kamineko16 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:30 am

I also got this bug myself not so long ago, every person was as BD,GF,ARSO....
kamineko16
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:05 am

1. Please do not perform post necromancy
2. Please read the thread fully as then you might get an explanation, why this is not a bug.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Archived PTR Posts