Distinguish between DC and intentional leaving

Suggestions you have for the Trial System go here.

Distinguish between DC and intentional leaving

Postby FieryRobot » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:26 am

I just started using the trial system and practically all the reports are for people leaving. But unless that person actively says they're going to leave or is acting salty enough that it is likely they raged quit, it's impossible to know whether that person intentionally left or just disconnected.

Can you please implement something in the game to make it clear when someone disconnects, rather than just leaves? I have been a victim to unforeseen internet connectivity problems when playing, and I don't think it's right for people to risk getting banned for something they can't do anything about.
FieryRobot

Re: Distinguish between DC and intentional leaving

Postby Djaouida » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:53 am

If I'm correct, the server has no way of telling how a player left the game. So unless there is a way for the server to distinguish between intentional leaving or d/c'ingI don't see this happening.
Plus if this got implemented, people could disconnect their internet in order to make it seem like they got d/c'ed as opposed to leaving intentionally.
(There is no signature)
Djaouida
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Flavorable » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:40 am

Adding to Djaouida:

It also shouldn't really matter whether people ragequit or have connectivity issues. There's already a buffer in place of 5 points per 6 months (1 point for normal games, 2 for ranked games).
And the end result of leaving is the same: The other 14 players get their game thrown out of balance and possibly ruined. If someone has connectivity issues, there are plenty of things that can be done about it, both by checking out the forum for tips and contacting their ISP. So if someone has regular connectivity issues, they should simply not play until it gets fixed.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby shapesifter13 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:39 pm

This is not possible.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby iScabs » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:58 pm

Sadly it's impossible to know as someone could always fake DCing by closing their browser rather than using the "Quit" button. As the person above said get your connection fixed before trying to play. If your connection is being spotty maybe mention it in your will to avoid being reported for it (I've personally done this a few times)
Shut up exe
iScabs
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:11 pm

@iScabs, please do not perform Thread necromancy. Threads of which the oldest reply is a month or longer ago should be left to rest.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Trial System Suggestions