Change to Reporting with screenshots

Suggestions you have for the Trial System go here.

Change to Reporting with screenshots

Postby RedHeadStepChild » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:11 am

So many times I have made reports on this forum with the added screenshots showing these people's indiscretions and breaking of the rules yet I was told that it has to be two people to make reports even though the evidence is in the screenshots. Where I can understand a few reasons why it can take more than 2 people but, if there is a screenshot posted on the forum showing the evidence then yet nothing gets done because it "requires 2 or more people to file reports", then that makes the reporting system completely pointless. My suggestion is if there is a screenshot posted and it shows the evidence then make that be enough. Otherwise the toxicity is going to get worse. I have seen so many people come in and talk about how bad the developers are and how bad the moderators are because they're a big joke because they don't do anything they don't ban anybody or anything like that for this reason.
Please please please I implore you, change the reporting system! I enjoy playing this game, but when i see kids, and yes most of the people doing this stuff are kids, theres a serious problem.

If a report is posted with a screenshot, and it clearly shows the evidence of the crime, it should NOT take 2 people.

This is what I am talking about! This is some hard proof!
https://imgur.com/a/UFiqC5V please do something
If you have ever called me an Asshole, I thank you. I wear that title with Pride and Honor.

No matter how big of a troll you think you are, there is always someone out there that is a lot bigger of a troll than you.
RedHeadStepChild
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Change to Reporting with screenshots

Postby Flavorable » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:06 am

The issue is that a report can't be created out of thin air. There needs to be a log of the entire game, not just for the reporter's benefits, but also for the staff as well as the person who got reported.

Not to mention the actual suspending/banning "technique" is directly connected to the report system, meaning that, unless there is a mod present in the current game, there's physically no way to suspend someone.

The "Report Players" section is only to speed things along, it does in no way substitute the "Report" button ingame. It just makes it easier for Judges and/or Mods to "bump" offenders' guilty reports.

So in short: There needs to be 2 people in game to report someone via the ingame report system, after that, someone can go to the forum and post screenshots to get the handling of the report sped up.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Meandrina » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:43 am

1. Out of 15 players in a game, 95% of rulebreaks should be reported by 2 people. If there aren't 2 people reporting a rulebreak, then only 7% of the players were annoyed/ offended/ saw it as a rulebreak. Trial system is a community run system and if 93% of players aren't seeing it as a rulebreak in game, it likely isn't worth. Yes, I understand some things are offensive and some people don't understand to report. But that is something you can discuss in game with players and encourage them to report.
2. Screenshot CAN and have been faked.
3. Most screenshots show little context and can be made to look like someone is harassing someone else, when person reporting is in fact the instigator.
4. For logging purposes, we need a report. This is to make sure evidence it collected correctly the entire context of what occurred is known, multiple people can view and decide upon it, and to show proof when the person appeals,.
5. Only a few people have power to do anything without a report. Those few people are quite busy doing thing like...fixing the game itself.

All that being said, there are some extreme cases where a screenshot alone is acceptable to suspend or ban a player. You "hard proof" shows very little. If you read the report players forum you would see we need both this evidence plus the end game lobby, We do not randomly look up players in game names, we need their account names.

Also, fun fact... the report players forum was created BEFORE the trial system was developed and was supposed to be deleted long ago. It was kept open despite being incredibly inefficient.
~Judge Emeritus~
Do you know all the game rules?? Check out the guide: http://bit.do/Juror-Guide

Have you played 150 games? Consider being a juror for the trial system: http://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start If you would like to join the Trial discord server, https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Meandrina
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby RedHeadStepChild » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:34 pm

As I said I can understand reasons why I really do but with certain people login with usernames on their accounts like that I mean come on you guys can do a search for this particular usernames and you'll find them boom inappropriate username that make the change it or ban them. I'm not trying to cause an international crisis or stir the pot, I am just merely doing my part in attempting to bring to light any issues that may need fixed. I know I am not the only one that feels this way either, I also understand that you moderators deal with countless reports of this stuff and it's only getting worse. I'm in a supervisory position at my work and deal with something similar, however I am with the strong belief that "If I see something, I say something" because if I see something and i dont report it and something happens I am held liable for the incident. Its the same here if something happens and I do not say anything, I am as much to blame as the person who actually committed the act itself because I did nothing to stop it.

Also, another thing I want to mention, there is no "report" function in a lobby chat screen at the start of the game. I think there should be simply because of usernames and other toxicity that happens in a lobby chat.

Along with that when playing on PC, you have the option to report someone while in game and also when a game ends on the screen that shows everyone's account names, IGNs and their roles. Even when you already reported someone in game, when the game ends you can report them again. While on mobile you can only report once.
I can say it's rather quite frustrating trying to do this on mobile especially when the game freezes and I get several "Network Subsystem is Down" notifications. I only experience these messages playing on mobile. On PC it freezes A lot and it's been getting worse ever since the P2P update.
If you have ever called me an Asshole, I thank you. I wear that title with Pride and Honor.

No matter how big of a troll you think you are, there is always someone out there that is a lot bigger of a troll than you.
RedHeadStepChild
Veteran
Veteran

Postby madamepancake » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:32 pm

Inappropriate account names are actually handled in this forum: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=42194

I agree that "if you see something, say something". If you see a rulebreak in-game, you should encourage other players to report with you. All you need is one other person. I think that's worth it to help make sure the system is abused as little as possible.

Your other suggestions are not really relevant to the topic at hand. (and won't be seen/considered by relevant people if you put them in this thread)
Icon by boxofanger on Tumblr
madamepancake
Consort
Consort

Postby Flavorable » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:51 am

Just a quick add-on for the "double reporting", that actually doesn't work 2 times. Even if you report the same person twice yourself, still only one report is made. And if you are the only one reporting them twice, no report is made at all.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Trial System Suggestions