Optional "reason" field for Jurors.

Suggestions you have for the Trial System go here.

Optional "reason" field for Jurors.

Postby sarysa » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:58 am

Taking in mind this thread and the mods' response to it, I'd like to suggest something which is completely optional for the jurors to enter, and that only judges and mods can see (and maybe the accused can see anonymized notes once it's closed).

Ideally, the layout would change from this, to something with a simple optional text field appended, like this. (a shame the img tag is blocked here)

Designed this way, it would add no time for the jurors unless they wanted it to. Jurors couldn't influence other jurors because only judges could see.

Since judges have final say, and assuming more than half of the jurors could've missed something that a dissenting vote explained, this could easily help reduce the wrongly accused. Messages like:

Left after the VIP died, had no chance of winning
Leaving seems unmotivated, indistinguishable from client crash
Rage quit after someone else gamethrew

Could be invaluable to the judges...and yes I spent about an hour going through a lot of questionable Leaving reports. It would have a side benefit of helping to gauge how accurate jurors' decisions are.

Thoughts?
Favorite roles: Jailor, Executioner, Consigliere, Witch, Coven Leader, Guardian Angel
Least favorite: Framer, Disguiser, Jester
Most broken IMO:
Jester - Revert the 2.3.0 patch, give a swiss army knife of nighttime annoyance (ala Potion Master) to aid in fooling the town. Just some kind of agency.
Psychic - Game-breaking enough that I made a thread about it.

VIP - The one true mode.
sarysa
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Optional "reason" field for Jurors.

Postby abizoey » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:12 am

Judges have to look through reports very closely when closing them anyway and I doubt there are many cases where a juror notices something a judge might miss. The only thing I really do find helpful as a judge is having the relevant day/night in the report details, or something like 'last will' 'death note' to speed things up so I can quickly see where the offence is.

Either way when it comes to leaving reports jurors are told to always vote guilty provided the player actually left. I don't necessarily agree with this and think reports for leaving during last words or when the player has no chance of winning should be innocent, but TurdPile told me off for closing them as innocent rather than innocent with exception so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I guess it helps speed things up if jurors just always guilty and don't have to look at the circumstances under which a player left.

Also, you can already sort of add comments for judges, except they'll be visible to other jurors too. It's possible using the comments tab on Blue's script (which is back up now despite the title of the post), or by duplicating the report to add details. You can do that by duplicating the report for the same reason, e.g. player number 4 is reported for gamethrowing, so duplicate on player 4 for gamethrowing and just write whatever comments you want to add in the box, then click duplicate.
abizoey
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Re: Optional "reason" field for Jurors.

Postby sarysa » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:56 pm

abizoey wrote:Either way when it comes to leaving reports jurors are told to always vote guilty provided the player actually left.

Oh...whoops. That's interesting, since I've never seen a Leaving report not involve a leaver...only that the grand majority of them are indistinguishable from a client crash in that motive can't really be correlated. (some even had the leaver in a highly favorable position) So I guess I should be guiltying all these from here on out.

abizoey wrote:You can do that by duplicating the report for the same reason, e.g. player number 4 is reported for gamethrowing, so duplicate on player 4 for gamethrowing and just write whatever comments you want to add in the box, then click duplicate.

Gotcha...I'll keep that in mind in very special cases.
Favorite roles: Jailor, Executioner, Consigliere, Witch, Coven Leader, Guardian Angel
Least favorite: Framer, Disguiser, Jester
Most broken IMO:
Jester - Revert the 2.3.0 patch, give a swiss army knife of nighttime annoyance (ala Potion Master) to aid in fooling the town. Just some kind of agency.
Psychic - Game-breaking enough that I made a thread about it.

VIP - The one true mode.
sarysa
Benefactor
Benefactor

Return to Trial System Suggestions