Leaver reports kinda useless

Suggestions you have for the Trial System go here.

Leaver reports kinda useless

Postby KaptainKabul » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:58 pm

Hi dear judges,

I'am gonna complain about the leaver reports system.

I think it is kinda useless. The player left the game, right? What do i have to control the green text that said they left?
I see it at the green text saying *XXX left*. He left. He is guilty.

Leaving is always bad. With very, very rare exceptions.

So why do i have to check reports for it. They left, they are guilty in 99% of the cases. There are rare cases, where leaving is kinda not tragic i guess. For example someone leaving in a trail whos already guiltied.
I mean he is dead either way. But how often does that happen. 1 in 200 cases? Buit on the other hand, why couldnt the dude wait for like 2 seconds before going?

I don't see it justified to control those cases. If someone leaves he should get marked and when that happened often enough, punished automatically. I mean we all have a irl, things can happen.
I don't think leaving justifies a draconic punishment.

But there is no human control needed. I actually think its kinda counterproductive to even control those reports.

I controlled them and guiltied everyone leaving early. Cause that causes the most offbalance.
And i think every single report was then innoed by the rest of the judges so it got the neutral sign. Maybe i dont understand the rules, but leaving the game early is bad. When someone leaves early he is guilty.
Why does every single offender get innoed by the majority?Why control this at all?
KaptainKabul

Re: Leaver reports kinda useless

Postby abizoey » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:35 pm

The way leaving reports work is, jurors should always vote guilty on them - if the player left the game, the report is guilty. But then when they get to judges we have to look at the player's report history as well as whether they said they were leaving the game intentionally (saying something like "I hate this role, bye" then leaving). If the chat suggests it was intentional, or it's their 5th leaving report, we close it as guilty. Otherwise it gets closed as innocent with exception, meaning they don't get punished but jurors who voted guilty don't lose any TR.

99% of leaving reports are not guiltied because hardly anyone ever gets the 5 reports on their record to be punished, since leavers can't actually be reported in game and we only get reports into the trial system from people duplicating them. It'd be great to have a system where leaving reports automatically go to judge queue instead of jurors having to vote on them, but I doubt that'll happen anytime in the near future. For now, if you don't want to do leaving reports, you can use bluewave's script to skip them.
abizoey
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Beyrone » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:48 pm

What abi said.

Just wanted to point out that skipping leaving reports is built into TS, you don't need blue's script to skip them(although the script is good to have anyway)
Beyrone
Jailor
Jailor

Postby KaptainKabul » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:02 pm

When this is the way to handle things, why not automate it?
I mean the onyl difference between we wasting time on this and not wasting time is 5 reports for leeaving. That can be automated.

When they say in chat, taht they will leave, we vote guilty before?
Kinda pointless and overcomplicated in my eyes. Whats the big difference?

If someone leaves 5 times hes getting the first boot from the system. No human needed
If someone leaves intentional i would report for gamethrow instead. Big waste of time in my eyes.

I actually don't care if they say before that they don't like the role. The outcome is the same as if they didn't.
Just save time and make it automated. 5 times gone. First warning shot. 5 times more the next shot. 15 times and you are gone.
Values can vary, this is just an example.

I know i can skip the leavers vote. I was pointing out that it was pointless as a concept to begin with.
And what you said didn#t convince me otherwise.

Right now we have three people or more looking a at a pretty pointless report and vote guilty when he said that he leaves, changing actually not very much in the bigger scope of things.
I suggest automate the system. Don't bother with leavers. Bother with spam, harass, gamerthrowers and cheaters instead.

Gamethrowers and cheaters need more time to catch, more lines to read.
Why even bother with that stupid leavers.
KaptainKabul

Postby Beyrone » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:50 pm

If you can get devs to automate it for us that would be brilliant. Thanks.
Beyrone
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Jerme » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:53 pm

The issue is that neither the devs nor TurdPile wants to have Trial work automatically, so I doubt that this will be automated :c
A report is gettign dealt with after it was reviewed 9 times afaik
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DBrock01 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:18 am

Devs could really easily just auto-implement a leaving punishment system. Have the game check whether a person died due to leaving (ignores cases of leaving during last words and right before jailor exes you, etc). If they do add a leaving strike, or 2 if its a ranked game. Now assign punishments for different levels of strikes. Boom, automated leaving report system.

Of course, that would require BMG to do something, so in the meantime jurors will volunteer hours of their lives guiltying all leaving reports, and judges will spend time looking at history.
Comprehensive ToS rules guide: http://bit.do/ToS-Rules
DBrock01
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Flavorable » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:26 am

I feel strongly enough about this to actually go and try to talk to Shape about this sometime (no harm in trying right?). As it seems like it would TREMENDOUSLY help in saving time, because every leaving report the jurors and judges don't have to waste time on means time can be spent on other offenses.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Lilldraken » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:05 pm

This COULD actually be very very simple. Did the player click the button "Leave the game". Or did he just disconnect without clicking on the button.

If a player leavs by clicking the button, he is probably guilty 99.99% of the time. If not, and there's nothing that would indicate that he left on purpose, it would be innocent (in my opinion)
Lilldraken

Postby Joacgroso » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:39 pm

It should be guilty no matter how they left. Otherwise trolls would always close the tab so they can't be punished.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Flavorable » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:42 am

Joacgroso wrote:It should be guilty no matter how they left. Otherwise trolls would always close the tab so they can't be punished.

^

This. Or Alt + F4 in Steam, or turn off Wifi for a couple seconds, etc etc. Leaving is leaving. There have been enough posts about leaving with numerous fixes that people shouldn't be playing if they keep crashing, but instead using one of said numerous fixes.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby NasubiNori » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:06 am

I think that anyone that leaves while alive should automatically generate a report that is fully guiltied and goes to a judge on the spot.
If they leave while dead it could go to the trials like normally so someone can see if they are town or evil, if they left after several nights and thought there was no retri or med, if town had a clear loss, etc.

If they did implement this though, the system will be bombarded with leaving reports as 1-2 people leaving is very common in casual. Any extra automation to help the judges sort through the mess will probably be extremely helpful.
NasubiNori
Transporter
Transporter

Postby DBrock01 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:55 am

NasubiNori wrote:I think that anyone that leaves while alive should automatically generate a report that is fully guiltied and goes to a judge on the spot.
If they leave while dead it could go to the trials like normally so someone can see if they are town or evil, if they left after several nights and thought there was no retri or med, if town had a clear loss, etc.

If they did implement this though, the system will be bombarded with leaving reports as 1-2 people leaving is very common in casual. Any extra automation to help the judges sort through the mess will probably be extremely helpful.

Trial system doesn't see if a dead person leaves. So, literally all leaving reports are for people who left while alive.

They should just automate the whole thing, there would be so many leaving reports if every leaver generated a report.
Comprehensive ToS rules guide: http://bit.do/ToS-Rules
DBrock01
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby PrivateAi » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:29 pm

Sorry for the mild necro-thread.
If the Trial System admins don't want to automate the reports for leaving, can we at least get a button from the in-game report drop down for leaving, under Reason?
As it stands I'm seeing leaving reported as Game Throwing and cloning the report as Leaving.
Should I then innocent the Game Throwing report?
I've been skipping them after because I'm not sure which is correct. Could a Judge clear this up for me please? I don't want to cause more issues.

Regardless of which is correct, making Leaving separate from Game Throwing in the drop down could reduce some of the clutter in the Game Throwing reports.
PrivateAi

Postby abizoey » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:35 pm

PrivateAi wrote:Sorry for the mild necro-thread.
If the Trial System admins don't want to automate the reports for leaving, can we at least get a button from the in-game report drop down for leaving, under Reason?
As it stands I'm seeing leaving reported as Game Throwing and cloning the report as Leaving.
Should I then innocent the Game Throwing report?
I've been skipping them after because I'm not sure which is correct. Could a Judge clear this up for me please? I don't want to cause more issues.

Regardless of which is correct, making Leaving separate from Game Throwing in the drop down could reduce some of the clutter in the Game Throwing reports.

As long as they didn't also gamethrow, you should duplicate the report for leaving then vote innocent on the gamethrowing one, yes.

Adding leaving as an in game report reason would be an easy fix to the problem but the devs don't care about anything trial related so it's not going to happen.
abizoey
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby PrivateAi » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:37 pm

Alright. Thank you for the quick reply, and I'll do that from now on.
PrivateAi

Return to Trial System Suggestions