Verdicts

Suggestions you have for the Trial System go here.

Verdicts

Postby OuterRealm » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:40 am

https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/v ... id=1088916

Lets use the case against me. The town wanted me to out myself despite the fact that town was smaller than the enemy and if you read what I said I even said go ahead and hang me so we can lose meaning I was "town" I apologize that that the mentality of this game is that if you don't Random lynch or tell everyone what your role is somehow you are gamethrowing is the biggest joke I have ever seen. I can understand it being triggered but once reviewed the ban should have been overturned.

Unless someone can explain to me how by asking everyone for their role how that is not gamethrowing? That is a much better question I think?
OuterRealm
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Verdicts

Postby Shilster » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:42 am

VFR is a tool, it's not gamethrowing

Not claiming on stand is gamethrowing, since it brings your chance of being lynched to 100%

The only exception is Jester
Shilster
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby OuterRealm » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:57 am

But, there is no rule that states I have claim, only that I cant go against my role. Which I never did I played the trapper to the best of my ability for the short time I had.

Now had I stated that I was a role "not town" for instance coven and that forced my death that I would consider game throwing because the coven know who they are.
OuterRealm
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Joacgroso » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:19 am

Although a dev has said that it isn't gamethrowing, another dev, the one that is in charge of reports and trial sistem, says that it is a bannable offense. An ingame list of examples of gamethrowing would be a great addition, people would stop refusing to claim, spamming as jester, throwing in vamp games, etc.
There are lots of discussions about VFR, so instead of saying the same over and over again, I suggest you to read this thread about it: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=79008.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Flavorable » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:14 am

It's common sense, really. You know they will lynch you if you don't claim. Which is going against your own role. It's really not that hard to understand.

The main problem is that the people who DON'T claim a role, don't do it out of ignorance of the rule, no.. They do it out of spite. "You wanna lynch me? Fine, then all of you will lose."

Use common sense, if you know something WON'T help, why would you wanna be a baby about it and do it anyway? Your role is not more important than anyone else's in the game, there's never a good reason for not claiming. The main problem is that just because someone gets VFR-ed, they take it as a personal attack and somehow lose any sense of team effort. Heck, even if they lynch you, at least that's one role the mafia can't claim.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby OuterRealm » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:49 pm

But, then they are just as guilty of gamethrowing from my perspective as me for not claiming because they hung a townie without being "SURE" this is why we have investigative roles. I mean I can see why most people would claim but it shouldn't be a ban just because I dont want the Coven/Mafia/SK/Vampires to know that I have or dont have a killing role
OuterRealm
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Joacgroso » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:26 pm

Just a question: Is providing a will also obligatory if you are on the stand?

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Shilster » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:28 am

Joacgroso wrote:Just a question: Is providing a will also obligatory if you are on the stand?

No, but it helps you stay alive. (Roles like Jailor and Veteran shouldn't reveal their will unless they need to)
Shilster
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Joacgroso » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:52 am

So if a townie refuses to give will on stand and is lynched due to that, he can't be reported for gamethrowing?

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Flavorable » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:55 am

Joacgroso wrote:So if a townie refuses to give will on stand and is lynched due to that, he can't be reported for gamethrowing?

A better question would be, why would a townie not want to give a will to begin with?

If it helps your chances of survival, I don't (personally) see the point of not posting a will.

The rule is: You need a decent defense. If you're fairly sure the rest of the people in the game -will- lynch you if you don't provide a will that fits your role, then yeah, personally, I'd classify it as gamethrowing, since in that case, a townie is purposefully not defending themselves, even though they know they will get voted guilty, because they don't want to post a will.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby dyaomaster » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:19 pm

6vs3? That doesn't look like "town is outnumbered" to me.
"Research has it that 47% of quotes are fabricated using true statistics."
-Alfred Wolman, 1997

Did I just say something about Coven? Don't trust me, I don't own it.

we need help
dyaomaster
Disguiser
Disguiser

Return to Trial System Suggestions