Add Report for Sexual Content

Suggestions you have for the Trial System go here.

Add Report for Sexual Content

Postby ProjectSYD » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:21 pm

Sexual Content / Explicit Material is considered against the rules but there's no "reason" that we can choose when duplicating reports.

When I go through reports, I don't just go through the initial report, but I use the ctrl-f or search function to search for certain key words. I then also review the players who have used obscenities and often find racially intolerant / sexually explicit content from those players.

I'm trying to do my best to better the community of this game, this includes voicing my opinion to some of the decisions that the moderators have been making with regards to approving / rejecting appeals. I'm clearly looking out for the games best interest. We need better tools.

Also, it would help to show the filtered chat - it is confusing when I see "fucks" and "shits" all throughout the chat. I can't remember for the life of me which words are filtered and which aren't. It would help so that I can determine if a player is attempting to bypass the filter. There should be a filter in the report to turn the hard filter on / off.
ProjectSYD
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Add Report for Sexual Content

Postby Jerme » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:29 pm

The suggestion you mentioned in the title was previously made already, but according to TurdPile something in that regard falls under "harassment".
Hardfitlered words are not displayed in the chat, but only the ones in the softfilter. Some filtered words are displayed here: http://blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/ ... Filter.xml
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ProjectSYD » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:31 am

Then perhaps it should be made more clear to us who are reviewing reports. I'm not sure if I encountered a glitch either but you should be able to change the reason of report if it's wrong. An example being a report for cheating vs gamethrowing. If the reported player was reported for cheating his actions were game throwing do you guilty the report still? Or can you change it?
ProjectSYD
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Jerme » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:36 am

Dublicate the report on the correct reason and inno the one with the wrong reason.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ProjectSYD » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:04 am

Jerme wrote:Dublicate the report on the correct reason and inno the one with the wrong reason.

Ah okay, I tried that it didn't work. Must have been a glitch.
ProjectSYD
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Jerme » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:09 am

ProjectSYD wrote:
Jerme wrote:Dublicate the report on the correct reason and inno the one with the wrong reason.

Ah okay, I tried that it didn't work. Must have been a glitch.

WHat exactly do you mean with "it didn't work"?
Dublicating a repor files a new one on which you automatically vote guilty on, but does nto change the current report you are voting on.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Trial System Suggestions