Two additions to Trials.

Suggestions you have for the Trial System go here.

Aye or Nay?

Aye.
55%
Nay.
45%

Total votes : 11

Two additions to Trials.

Postby SilverCruz » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:10 pm

1 - State one's role next to their name, for example 6. William Phips (BillyUsername) (Bodyguard)
2 - Add a panel to give a reasoning for your decision, whether you vote Innocent or Guilty

For an example (Based on a report I just had, names changed to protect those involved), let's say the Godfather gets lynched and his will says "Mafioso - JohnnyBonnie. Framer - Hank Grill". JohnnyBonnie really is the Mafioso, but he quit Day 1 so he's been dead since the game started, and Hank Grill is actually the Doctor, not the Framer. Since the only accurate information in the Will is useless, it's not really gamethrowing and as such can be safely called Innocent since the other part is a flat out lie. That being said, it'd be nice to be able to add a note of "Fake Gamethrowing, Mafioso was already dead and accused Framer was actually Doctor." just to make it perfectly concise why it was called Innocent.

Probably not useful, ultimately, but I'm sure it'd make some people feel better as long as they aren't imposed to fill it out.

Also, is "Leaving" still supposed to be there? I ask since it's not in the client, wondering if it was removed from the client and isn't intended to be in the trials anymore.

Edit - Added Poll.
Last edited by SilverCruz on Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I know what I'm doing, generally, but I have no grace at all when things start to spin out of control.

I'd like to address the latter part, but I wouldn't know the first thing about that.
SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Re: Two additions to Trials.

Postby BisonPuncher » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:40 pm

/ S U P P O R T

These. Need. Added. Especially the first one.
BisonPuncher
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Jerme » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:39 am

1. You can mousehover the names in the chat to see their roles or look at the filters tab. So this is already implemented.
2. This was often suggested, but won't be added due to this could bias the juror, which is something to prevent.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SilverCruz » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:08 am

Sometimes that doesn't work, though.
Bias the juror how? I don't get it.
I know what I'm doing, generally, but I have no grace at all when things start to spin out of control.

I'd like to address the latter part, but I wouldn't know the first thing about that.
SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:18 am

Bias by giving them the opinions of others, which influences the vote. Hence why the second one won't be implemented.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby alex1234321 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:53 pm

Naru2008 wrote:Bias by giving them the opinions of others, which influences the vote. Hence why the second one won't be implemented.

Why can't it only be visible to judges/mods then?
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Return to Trial System Suggestions