Troll Appeal Label

Suggestions you have for the Trial System go here.

Troll Appeal Label

Postby Hagg1s » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:29 am

Add a troll appeal label to obvious troll appeals on the forums. For threads with this tag only, let the general public respond to them to save moderator time (and for ultimate quenching).

If players won't take mod/judge/admin time seriously, they don't deserve to have their time taken seriously. Let the community show them why they are wrong.

Examples:
[*] https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=115432
[*] https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=115350
[*] https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=113195

I cba to make the bullet formatting work

etc
no
Hagg1s
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Troll Appeal Label

Postby Ben1337 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:34 am

can probably be easily abused with some alts, unless the mods can handle that then all good
Ben1337

Postby Hagg1s » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:34 am

Ben1337 wrote:can probably be easily abused with some alts, unless the mods can handle that then all good

simple, just quench the alts
no
Hagg1s
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Ezradekezra » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:35 am

/support

YES

LET US KWENCH THE TROLLS

Also, the bullet point bbcode would've worked if you had just surrounded the whole list with the [list] bbcode, like this:

Code: Select all
[list][*] [url]https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=115432[/url]
[*] [url]https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=115350[/url]
[*] [url]https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=113195[/url][/list]
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Descender » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:41 am

appeals should be allowed to be posted on, period.
INBOX#6929

people usually call me jaiden
Descender
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Flavorable » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:06 am

I personally can see some value in a public opinion on some appeals. Granted, the only problem is that most of the casual community doesn't frequent the forums.
Steam ToS Moderator and Bug Report buttinsky.
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Descender » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:11 am

wasnt there that one time an appeal was opened to the public for no reason
that should be the entire appeal forum
INBOX#6929

Descender
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Jerme » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:12 am

Descender wrote:appeals should be allowed to be posted on, period.

I disagree on that, this would cause too much clutter and not bring any merit.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Descender » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:13 am

Jerme wrote:
Descender wrote:appeals should be allowed to be posted on, period.

I disagree on that, this would cause too much clutter and not bring any merit.

its the same as posting on bug reports imo
INBOX#6929

Descender
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Kelisidina » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:18 am

YES

GMODS/JUDGES CANT HAVE ALL THE FUN >:(

On a serious note, I don't see why an appeal can't be responded by all... as long as everyone is very civil about it.
I AM !@#$%^#-------- C0NSIG/WiTCH ON ME T0 DeSCRAMBLE C0DE-------- BMER D0NT CoME!!!!----------------- XDiES HAS MALE B00BS!

The gamemodes I play are classic ranked, TT, and Dracula's. If I give feedback to any game suggestions in gamemodes that I don't play, it would be appreciated if I would be listened, but there's a chance I'm in the minority. Cheers.

Please don't call me bad in ranked and then have less than 50% win rate L0L
Kelisidina
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Jerme » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:25 am

@Descender: Hardly.
On Bug reports you can help to look for a solution, or give your own experience of the bug at hand.
Posting on appeals could be likely more of a ganging up on someone and maybe also postfarm (which I suspect you to do in some relations).

@Kelsidina: Well, the "civil" thing is a major role in this. That aside has stuff the ability to do a bit more,along with knowledge of the rules.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Hagg1s » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:27 am

quench the troll appeals
no
Hagg1s
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Ezradekezra » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:27 am

Jerme wrote:@Descender: Hardly.
On Bug reports you can help to look for a solution, or give your own experience of the bug at hand.
Posting on appeals could be likely more of a ganging up on someone and maybe also postfarm (which I suspect you to do in some relations).

@Kelsidina: Well, the "civil" thing is a major role in this. That aside has stuff the ability to do a bit more,along with knowledge of the rules.

Maybe only let Trusted users post, and only on appeals that have been marked as trolls, then? That might help to some degree.
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Hagg1s » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:29 am

Ezradekezra wrote:

Maybe only let Trusted users post, and only on appeals that have been marked as trolls, then? That might help to some degree.

YES

I only support this because I am a trusted user
no
Hagg1s
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Descender » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:40 am

Ezradekezra wrote:

homie youre gonna get slapped

i only would if i had something to add
i dont want to pull an icarus, do i?
INBOX#6929

Descender
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:56 am

There’s no “label” feature for phpBB for threads. Every thread would have to be manually labeled as such.

Secondly, this won’t happen.
I'm the Admin for BlankMediaGames however I am not an employee and cannot reset your password or change your email.
Please email the Developers below to open a ticket and have them assist you;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Image . Image
Image | Image
(I do not handle appeals outside of the Appeals forum, including via PMs, Discord Messages, and the like. Please do not contact me about your appeal. My appeal decisions are final. Thank you.)
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Hagg1s » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:55 pm

LevinSnakesRise wrote:Secondly, this won’t happen.

Emily Jennings endorsed this suggestion I have proof
no
Hagg1s
Veteran
Veteran

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:14 pm

Hagg1s wrote:

Endorsement means nothing when someone with the power to approve or disapprove forum suggestions makes a decision.

As such, and as previously stated, not happening.
I'm the Admin for BlankMediaGames however I am not an employee and cannot reset your password or change your email.
Please email the Developers below to open a ticket and have them assist you;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Image . Image
Image | Image
(I do not handle appeals outside of the Appeals forum, including via PMs, Discord Messages, and the like. Please do not contact me about your appeal. My appeal decisions are final. Thank you.)
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Descender » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:37 pm

LevinSnakesRise wrote:
Hagg1s wrote:

Endorsement means nothing when someone with the power to approve or disapprove forum suggestions makes a decision.

As such, and as previously stated, not happening.

let him have hope
INBOX#6929

Descender
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Kelisidina » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:07 pm

Levin just doesn't wanna share the beauty of responding to appeals

Jerme wrote:@Kelsidina: Well, the "civil" thing is a major role in this. That aside has stuff the ability to do a bit more,along with knowledge of the rules.

I mean, AFAIK, GMods don't have the ability to approve appeals, they can just deny blatant stuff like IGNs or HS/H. I think the OP was talking about obvious troll appeals as well

~Edited to merge posts, sorry for double posting
I AM !@#$%^#-------- C0NSIG/WiTCH ON ME T0 DeSCRAMBLE C0DE-------- BMER D0NT CoME!!!!----------------- XDiES HAS MALE B00BS!

The gamemodes I play are classic ranked, TT, and Dracula's. If I give feedback to any game suggestions in gamemodes that I don't play, it would be appreciated if I would be listened, but there's a chance I'm in the minority. Cheers.

Please don't call me bad in ranked and then have less than 50% win rate L0L
Kelisidina
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Descender » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:43 pm

Kelisidina wrote:Levin just doesn't wanna share the beauty of responding to appeals

Jerme wrote:@Kelsidina: Well, the "civil" thing is a major role in this. That aside has stuff the ability to do a bit more,along with knowledge of the rules.

I mean, AFAIK, GMods don't have the ability to approve appeals, they can just deny blatant stuff like IGNs or HS/H. I think the OP was talking about obvious troll appeals as well

no haggis just wants to call people his fans
INBOX#6929

Descender
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Hagg1s » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:28 pm

Descender wrote:
Kelisidina wrote:Levin just doesn't wanna share the beauty of responding to appeals

no haggis just wants to call people his fans

I prefer the term "servant followers"
no
Hagg1s
Veteran
Veteran

Postby williewest » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:36 pm

LevinSnakesRise wrote:There’s no “label” feature for phpBB for threads. Every thread would have to be manually labeled as such.

New sub-forum: Troll Appeals
They get moved there and become free game. ;)

Also, it's not that horribly off of an idea, seeing as some past appeals were allowed free reign (I took part in one for I think YamiChan). The big issue with actually implementing it is how positively rare it would be to warrant it.
People would like to think it happens once or twice every time appeals get looked through and dealt with, but I doubt it would apply to your average troll. Moreso the "YamiChans" and "xxKaylaXxs" of the community, because the really big trolls like Cake know 100% what they're doing and treating their appeal like that won't have any effect but to fuel them on the 500th alt they make.
Everything in my signature is a clickable link
Spoiler: Discord: William#2527

williewest
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Descender » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:38 am

williewest wrote:
LevinSnakesRise wrote:There’s no “label” feature for phpBB for threads. Every thread would have to be manually labeled as such.

New sub-forum: Troll Appeals
They get moved there and become free game. ;)

Also, it's not that horribly off of an idea, seeing as some past appeals were allowed free reign (I took part in one for I think YamiChan). The big issue with actually implementing it is how positively rare it would be to warrant it.
People would like to think it happens once or twice every time appeals get looked through and dealt with, but I doubt it would apply to your average troll. Moreso the "YamiChans" and "xxKaylaXxs" of the community, because the really big trolls like Cake know 100% what they're doing and treating their appeal like that won't have any effect but to fuel them on the 500th alt they make.

i feel like theres quite a few wacky appeals which are so obviously bs that it would work
INBOX#6929

Descender
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Cookazoo2 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:03 pm

Hagg1s wrote:Add a troll appeal label to obvious troll appeals on the forums. For threads with this tag only, let the general public respond to them to save moderator time (and for ultimate quenching).

If players won't take mod/judge/admin time seriously, they don't deserve to have their time taken seriously. Let the community show them why they are wrong.

Examples:
[*] https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=115432
[*] https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=115350
[*] https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=113195

I cba to make the bullet formatting work

etc

I know that you're not typically well liked but I think this a somewhat solid suggestion.
Hiya. I'm a Tactical Mafia Kills supporter.

Help balance the Aliens!
Cookazoo2
Doctor
Doctor

Next

Return to Trial System Suggestions