dont log hard filtered messages/messages that didnt go thru

Suggestions you have for the Trial System go here.

dont log hard filtered messages/messages that didnt go thru

Postby KAKERMAN23 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:56 am

please, dear god, PLEASE make it so that trials doesn't log messages that don't go through, whether it's because it was hard filtered or they were trying to whisper to or as a revealed mayor. it makes it super confusing when i see someone whispering to a revealed mayor and it's quite literally impossible to tell whether or not someone's message that contained, say, a racial slur, actually went through. i'm sure many innocent people have been banned for evading the hard filter when the hard filter stopped them from sending a message, but if someone is reported in that game, that hard filtered message will show up in trials, causing the report to be duped on the innocent person and getting them banned. what's the point of a hard filter if this is the case?
signature

this is a certified floating candle moment

i am female now jsjsjs
KAKERMAN23
Retributionist
Retributionist

Re: dont log hard filtered messages/messages that didnt go t

Postby Jerme » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:45 pm

The TrialSystem displays what the game logged. Not sure if the rawlogs of the game display which message went through and which didn't. When there is no info given, if a message was eaten or not, then the TS cannot differ from those.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Hiway202 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:53 am

KAKERMAN23 wrote:i'm sure many innocent people have been banned for evading the hard filter when the hard filter stopped them from sending a message, but if someone is reported in that game, that hard filtered message will show up in trials, causing the report to be duped on the innocent person and getting them banned. what's the point of a hard filter if this is the case?

Even if the jurors vote guilty a judge won't suspend someone for that and on the rare case someone is suspended for this, that's what the appeals board is for.
Hello, my name's Elencia! I'm happy to answer questions, so feel free to send me a PM if you need anything! However, I don't have the power to grant your appeal, so please don't PM me about that.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Hiway202
Trial System Judge
Trial System Judge

Postby KAKERMAN23 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:56 am

i suppose that's true, but my concern is that the person appealing wouldnt be able to prove that the message was hard filtered. then again, i've never seen this happen personally, so idk
signature

this is a certified floating candle moment

i am female now jsjsjs
KAKERMAN23
Retributionist
Retributionist

Return to Trial System Suggestions