Something needs to be done about leavers.

Suggestions you have for the Trial System go here.

Something needs to be done about leavers.

Postby SpiritWolfLord » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:04 pm

I'm not talking about people who leave the game after they die, or even people who leave when they know they can't win, although I wish they'd at least stay since there could always be a surprise mayor/ret/vet/vig. What I'm talking about are the people who leave d1 when they don't get a certain role. In tt, there is always at least one leaver.

Last game had half the town leave. It was an easy win as mafia, especially with jailor tt, but it wasn't fun at all. And considering balance changes are for 15 people, leavers really mess that up. It would be one thing if it happened once in a while, but it is every single game.
SpiritWolfLord
Transporter
Transporter

Re: Something needs to be done about leavers.

Postby Jerme » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:00 am

Greetings,

we are doing soemthing against the d1 leavers, as we suspend them when they have a history of leaving again.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SpiritWolfLord » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:15 am

I didn't realize you were now banning people with a history again. Hopefully it helps get rid of leavers. I'll spread the word that they can be reported again so the people that should be banned will be. Thanks a lot!
SpiritWolfLord
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Transcender » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:27 am

SpiritWolfLord wrote:I didn't realize you were now banning people with a history again. Hopefully it helps get rid of leavers. I'll spread the word that they can be reported again so the people that should be banned will be. Thanks a lot!

i believe you should only report leavers if there is evidence that they left on purpose, not just every leaver.
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby YumiAkiyama » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:29 am

Descender wrote:
SpiritWolfLord wrote:I didn't realize you were now banning people with a history again. Hopefully it helps get rid of leavers. I'll spread the word that they can be reported again so the people that should be banned will be. Thanks a lot!

i believe you should only report leavers if there is evidence that they left on purpose, not just every leaver.

Especially with the current server issues. disconnecting users at the select name screen and right after.
YumiAkiyama
Witch
Witch

Postby SpiritWolfLord » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:32 am

A lot of people leave because the get mafia or a role they don't like. That would be obvious by viewing their history. If they only leave when they get mafia, it's obvious they aren't just getting disconnected. That's not something I can see in game.
SpiritWolfLord
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Jerme » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:04 pm

That migth be happening, but there is currently also an issue with the client sometimes encountering an error during the swap from roleselection to day 1.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ShylokVakarian » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:31 pm

Jerme wrote:Greetings,

we are doing soemthing against the d1 leavers, as we suspend them when they have a history of leaving again.

Not all leavers do it to ruin a game, though, which needs to be said. Some leave because of toxic (or in a case I just had, homophobic) behavior of other players.

They reported me for my IGN being "GayWerewoof" (which is because I'm gay, and if that's somehow against the rules, that's homophobic and I never want to spend a penny on this game again)
ShylokVakarian
Benefactor
Benefactor

Return to Trial System Suggestions