Time Limit on Suspensions

Suggestions you have for the Trial System go here.

Time Limit on Suspensions

Postby MaZeXaToR » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:39 pm

Hello
I have a small suggestion for the trial system.
How about each year the "suspension" amount gets a reset, because some of us here playing for years already, and sometimes you do get a ticket at least once a year, eventually they will stack up and end in a big ban.
MaZeXaToR

Re: Time Limit on Suspensions

Postby Jerme » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:59 am

This is nothing on the Trial Systems end, as the suspension lengths/strikes are designed/defined by the game server.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Flavorable » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:48 am

MaZeXaToR wrote:Hello
How about each year the "suspension" amount gets a reset, because some of us here playing for years already, and sometimes you do get a ticket at least once a year, eventually they will stack up and end in a big ban.

Personally, I always feel like a good option would be to stop breaking rules. If every year the suspensions would get reset, a lot of rulebreakers would actually get away with not getting banned consistently, especially in categories in which reports often are more likely to expire and take way longer to handle (gamethrowing/cheating).

I mean, (and again, this is personal opinion) I'd be okay with something like granting one possible report appeal (non-automatic) every 3000-4000 games played, but having suspensions reset one a year? No thanks. People shouldn't need to have to have 3 chances per year and still decide to ignore the rules.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ShylokVakarian » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:37 pm

Flavorable wrote:
MaZeXaToR wrote:Hello

Personally, I always feel like a good option would be to stop breaking rules. If every year the suspensions would get reset, a lot of rulebreakers would actually get away with not getting banned consistently, especially in categories in which reports often are more likely to expire and take way longer to handle (gamethrowing/cheating).

I mean, (and again, this is personal opinion) I'd be okay with something like granting one possible report appeal (non-automatic) every 3000-4000 games played, but having suspensions reset one a year? No thanks. People shouldn't need to have to have 3 chances per year and still decide to ignore the rules.

There are people out there that ACCIDENTALLY break rules, or those that are bullied into breaking rules. I had to leave a game where people were being homophobic.
ShylokVakarian
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:08 pm

ShylokVakarian wrote:There are people out there that ACCIDENTALLY break rules, or those that are bullied into breaking rules. I had to leave a game where people were being homophobic.

/ignore
Retired Goop God
Spoiler:

jumpscare
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby ShylokVakarian » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:36 pm

TheFluffyWaffleV2 wrote:
ShylokVakarian wrote:There are people out there that ACCIDENTALLY break rules, or those that are bullied into breaking rules. I had to leave a game where people were being homophobic.

/ignore

And then they lynch you
ShylokVakarian
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:37 pm

ShylokVakarian wrote:
TheFluffyWaffleV2 wrote:

/ignore

And then they lynch you

and then you leave without being able to be reported
Retired Goop God
Spoiler:

jumpscare
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist

Return to Trial System Suggestions